• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think I heard somewhere that Pokémon has their own theme Park, but I can't remember properly.
You might be thinking of Poképark, a traveling theme park that existed March to September 2005 in Japan, June to September 2006 in Taiwan.

Had an exclusive DS Download Play Game in the form of PokéPark: Fishing Rally DS.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

You might be thinking of Poképark, a traveling theme park that existed March to September 2005 in Japan, June to September 2006 in Taiwan.

Had an exclusive DS Download Play Game in the form of PokéPark: Fishing Rally DS.
Maybe It was that, yeah.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Aw man now remembering Splatoon I remember the saltiest **** of a classmate when it was announced that it won best shooter at TGAs back in 2015.

"Why did a game for three year olds win?" Says the guy who cried like a three year old because COD didn't win. I hated the kid's guts already but man he really whined like one for that.

If we could somehow get DK, Splatoon, and especially Pokemon stuff in one theme park I’d probably have a joy heart attack.

It won’t happen, but just the thought alone...
To be fair to Pokemon it's big enough to stand out completely on it's own as a theme park separate from Nintendo.

I really think Splatoon would be a necessity for any attraction Nintendo Park wise. The series also represents recent Nintendo and has been thier best selling new IP of 2010s.

Another one that would be interesting is Animal Crossing and how that could be done.

I’d love to see a Pokémon section of a Nintendo theme park where it’s like Pokémon Snap and you try to take pics of Pokémon hidden in the environment, they could even be rearranged every season or year
Breaking News: Wade has caused people heart attacks from that (I can see likely) possibility.

I'd be so up for it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Aw man now remembering Splatoon I remember the saltiest **** of a classmate when it was announced that it won best shooter at TGAs back in 2015.

"Why did a game for three year olds win?" Says the guy who cried like a three year old because COD didn't win. I hated the kid's guts already but man he really whined like one for that.
Damn, even as someone who didn't like Splatoon 1 that much that classmate sounds like a really silly person.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Disney is dumb. Blue Sky made Peanuts, and I’m sure there’s some other good ones I didn’t watch. Also the Ice Age series, though I didn’t watch the 4th one and I know people didn’t like it nor the 5th one (personally I enjoyed the 5th one but yeah I guess it couldn’t beat the original 3, also tbh isn’t it weird humans were only in the 1st one?).

In other news, Dream stans (I assume) are shipping Dream and Sans. Sorry Dream stans, but Sans already found his soulmate, a nice bottle o’ ketchup of Nonspecific Brand™️. He ain’t got any room in his life for more romantic relationships.
flashbacks to cursed Nagito x Sans x Sephiroth fanfiction

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah that's how I'd see it. Fire Emblem or Splatoon would take up space for Japan. Splatoon is begging for a ride or an attraction.

As for a few like Xenoblade and Arms (if it gets another game)? Can see exclusive merch and such but that's it. Us Monado Boys are gonna get the shaft but what else is new.
Oh Splatoon coming to the American park would make a tonne of sense too! Just, the IRL Splatoon experience. Like.. it’s a kind of water park, you go in in swimsuits, but you still shoot eachother with paint guns. Most people shower afterwards, but it is customary to not if you won your game that day. Then everyone in the park will know that you won Splatoon.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Who here thinks DreamWorks needs to get the rights to Splatoon and make it into a movie? I can't think of any other movie studio that fits perfectly for such an adaptation.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Who here thinks DreamWorks needs to get the rights to Splatoon and make it into a movie? I can't think of any other movie studio that fits perfectly for such an adaptation.
Truthfully, it could happen. Universal owns both illumination and dreamworks, so if Nintendo decides to keep working with universal, what’s stoping them from giving projects to their other studios.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Truthfully, it could happen. Universal owns both illumination and dreamworks, so if Nintendo decides to keep working with universal, what’s stoping them from giving projects to their other studios.
Especially being the style of Splatoon fits well for DreamWorks.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
As much as I wish for a Metroid expansion, I sadly feel It is highly unlikely due to the usual sales of the series in general.

Legend Of Zelda, Kirby and Fire Emblem are right now the most likely expansions for me at the moment. Not counting Pikmin because they technically are already present.

People can say what they want about Fire Emblem but between the smashing success of Fire Emblem Heroes and Three Houses the series is starting to progressivily grow as one of the big Nintendo IPs for merch and such.
I could see a Fire Emblem expansion for Super Nintendo World at least in Japan.

Kirby and Zelda are highly marketable too.
fire emblem section with real permadeath let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Dutch Raikuna

Damn, even as someone who didn't like Splatoon 1 that much that classmate sounds like a really silly person.
Yeah he went way too far and even called me and one of best friends (who was very Wii U obsessed) small minded.

Believe me though the kid who whined was a prick through and through for opinions on anything that wasn't COD, was pretty narcissistic, would chat up girlfriends who are taken and slammed me against a wall cause I called him a child. That all says enough about him.

Karma came back at him deliciously which was amazing. A bit dark but was amazing to hear.

Oh Splatoon coming to the American park would make a tonne of sense too! Just, the IRL Splatoon experience. Like.. it’s a kind of water park, you go in in swimsuits, but you still shoot eachother with paint guns.
Now I'm just imagining a grown-ass adult doing the Tommy Gun scene from The Mask except with a Splattershot and wearing an Inkling hat.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

fire emblem section with real permadeath let's GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
You laugh but I would pay real money to have meet & greets with the Three Houses cast drinking tea at Garreg Mach.

Believe me though the kid who whined was a prick through and through for opinions on anything that wasn't COD, was pretty narcissistic, would chat up girlfriends who are taken and slammed me against a wall cause I called him a child. That all says enough about him.
That guy sounds like almost every single boy from my class at primary school, dear lord.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Yeah he went way too far and even called me and one of best friends (who was very Wii U obsessed) small minded.

Karma came back at him deliciously which was amazing. A bit dark but was amazing to hear.

Now I'm just imagining a grown-ass adult doing the Tommy Gun scene from The Mask except with a Splattershot and wearing an Inkling hat.
And because I can't help but take things to far, I'm imagining said grown ass man in a speedo for his swimsuit.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Pokepark Wii was a good ga- wait wrong Pokepark.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Smash itself is product placement.

It's basically the Lego Movie but in game form with how blatant it is.
Literally this. Like Sakurai straight up said go buy Banjo and Dragon Quest.

Like sure the crash 4 release may not mean something, but given the rumors of a five year plan, evidence that Activisuon is going all in on Crash, and Amiibo theory lining up with the release of Crash, it’s really stupid to just say no crash isn’t happening.

Sakurai would probably even say go buy crash 4.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Like at this point my prediction would go to Crash or Monster Hunter. There’s always a decent chance we get a curveball though. Still one of these two would make a good E3 reveal as well though

Dutch Raikuna

Yeah I'm gonna stick to Rin eating Cup Noodles unless the next episode has just as wholesome of an image.

That guy sounds like almost every single boy from my class at primary school, dear lord.
Yeah some can grow up into 19 or so year olds like that as well. Again karma came to him in a slightly twisted but beautiful way when I heard I broke in tears of laughter.
Then again, everyone I knew throughout my college years wearing designer "over 18" shirts, screwed up in tats and narcissistic has ended up getting lawful karma handed to them. I'll might say the rest on PMs if anyone wants a story to hear if they are very bored.

B-But Gamexplain covered it like 200 times, it's GOTTA be true.
I swear Gamexplain is like the gaming version of Vsauce except with almost no info.
Like every time they go nuts I wonder if they are either dying, about to sing a soap opera theme or shout some crazy government truth. Probably all three.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I don't know what it is but the soundtrack Once There Were Dragons from HTTYD:THW gives me a sense and vibe of optimism and new hope when it gets to 4:05.

D

Deleted member

Are people here seriously pissed at me over the Doom argument we had earlier?

Come on people, It went alright. We all shared our views respectfully, we didn't insult each other, we agreed to disagree and all in all I found It really good for my mental health as It distracted me from thinking about my father for the whole day through.
Legit there's no reason people should be genuiely pissed, angry or dissapointed at me over that whole thing. Worse stuff happens daily at the Newcomer thread.

Seriously, if any of you have any problem, tell It directly to me at least through PMs. I think we are all old enough to realize that ganging on someone over videogame opinions is wrong.

And yes, this whole post is because of Speed Weed Speed Weed 's reply to my Fire Emblem post. I'm sorry if I took It all wrong, but between my father constantly mocking me and being plain-on LGTB-phobic with me without even knowing I'm bi, my college stalker still trying to turn every one of my partners against me and a lot of other stuff... That post came to me as if you were mocking me. Because that's what everyone has been doing to me IRL these past days, mocking my existence and I.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
It’s a beautiful soundtrack. All three movies, really.
That I can agree with.

Guess I also bring up the whole new hope is due to that Monsters vs. Aliens/How to Train Your Dragon crossover idea I had a while back involving Toothless and his family being frozen for a thousand years and discovered and thawed out in the present at Area 51 where they would befriend Team Monster (B.O.B., Missing Link, Dr. Cockroach, Insectosaurus, and Ginormica/Susan Murphy).

Among those ideas being Toothless meeting a descendant of Hiccup who works there and at first mistakes him for his best friend due to catching the scent of his best friend as a result of his bloodline leading to an eventual friendship (As well as the Light Fury and Night Lights) as well as Hiccup's descendant and Ginormica/Susan Murphy developing romantic feelings towards one another.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Literally this. Like Sakurai straight up said go buy Banjo and Dragon Quest.

Like sure the crash 4 release may not mean something, but given the rumors of a five year plan, evidence that Activisuon is going all in on Crash, and Amiibo theory lining up with the release of Crash, it’s really stupid to just say no crash isn’t happening.

Sakurai would probably even say go buy crash 4.
I'm just waiting to see how he dances around mentioning the PlayStation when discussing Crash's origin. Cause let's be honest, just uttering the word "playstation" on a nintendo stream will break the internet.

Wait.... never mind.... no such dancing was done with Sephirtoh. So no such dancing will be done with Crash.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom