• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

First person I’ve ever heard complain about Doom’s level design. Most people praise it.

Though you shouldn’t have been bullied into playing it. That is not cool and I’m sorry that happened. No wonder you dislike it.
Yeah, compare It with how It went for me with No More Heroes.

With that Game I didn't have Big groups of people behind me harassing me into playing It, overhyping the Game for me claiming "you have to play It *****" or stuff like that.

I just saw random people liking It, I got curious and tried It out, and ended up liking It.

A lot of fandoms need an important lesson about not being toxic and overhyping stuff.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"I'm sure Doom 2016 was easy to port"

People who analyse this stuff for a living:
It's pretty impressive in how many sacrifices they had to make to get that gake to work, and yet, it's still the complete expereince that looks good and runs well.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Can you half like a post? Because there is only ONE good DC Joker, played by only the Mark-ey-est of Hamills. All of the others are sub par and I pray for the day DC is able to actually produce a live action one of that Calibur.
Without a doubt Mark Hamill is one of them. Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix did some really great contrasts of the Joker which Jared Leto tried way too hard for the former.

Other one I'd say is his VA for Injustice and MK11 Richard Epcar. Not perfect but he did really nail it in the unpredictable side of him.

And for Snyder's films? Watchmen was really good and wish there was more films from the comics.

Doom 2016 was one of my biggest letdowns in videogames from that decade.

People around Discord literally harassed me into playing the Game, claiming I had to play It before dying to "consider myself anything valuable". What I got instead was a mediocre shooter with repetitive levels and a laggy Switch port and awful background music Bugs which took me out of the inmerssion quite frequently.

And if that is the best Switch port according to people, I'm scared to play any of the other ports.
Doom 2016 has really bland level design. I'm sure It was easy to port. And Bethesda's engines tend to be really easy to translate between Systems.
Mini rant about what people said to you.

"People around Discord literally harassed me into playing the Game, claiming I had to play It before dying to "consider myself anything valuable""

Honestly people like them need a two month "vacation" to a Chinese/North Korean camp to learn some damn humility. sighs And people are wondering why governments are going strict on social media? Shouldn't be an asshole then. People wear the anonymity badge like nothing could happen to them and then would piss themselves at seeing some of them IRL.

That is all.

However the Doom port wasn't too bad but I do agree on your points except the gameplay. It was fun but I only really bought it so I can lessen the load on my PS4 if that makes sense.

You want a good port that I'd recommend? Final Fantasy XII or Tales of Vesperia. Late 00's to mid 10's JRPG's have found such a perfect home on the Switch.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

It's pretty impressive in how many sacrifices they had to make to get that gake to work, and yet, it's still the complete expereince that looks good and runs well.
It doesn't run well at all but I will admit It looks well for a rushed Port.

Maybe if Panic Buttom wasn't forced to meet a specific deadline by Bethesda the Port would have turned out better and I wouldn't hate It as much as I currently do.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
It doesn't run well at all but I will admit It looks well for a rushed Port.

Maybe if Panic Buttom wasn't forced to meet a specific deadline by Bethesda the Port would have turned out better and I wouldn't hate It as much as I currently do.
Was it really rush tho?

'cuz with a console like the Switch, sometime, you can't make miracles, no matter what amount of time you take. Sacrifice are going to be made 1 way or the other.

D

Deleted member

You want a good port that I'd recommend? Final Fantasy XII or Tales of Vesperia. Late 00's to mid 10's JRPG's have found such a perfect home on the Switch.
I will have to check out those two then.

I see a lot of people talking about Vesperia being good. Don't remember anything people say about Final Fantasy XII doh, so that could also be good to have first impressions on my own.

D

Deleted member

Was it really rush tho?

'cuz with a console like the Switch, sometime, you can't make miracles, no matter what amount of time you take. Sacrifice are going to be made 1 way or the other.
When a group of people is really passionate, they can make anything turn out great with the right amount of time.

Panic Buttom seems like the kind of small studio which does enjoy what they do (their Doom 3 Port was really good), but sadly had to deal with the limited time frame Bethesda gave them for 2016.

I feel confident that if Bethesda gave them more time for that Port, they would have dealt with at least half of the bugs reported at launch and gave us a smoother experience.

DerpingPikachu

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-5074-6946-5113
Just had a look at Joker in the new movie and oh noooo lol

I always liked Joker from the old 1989 movie tbh, I thought Jack Nicholson did a really good job
Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger were great too, and so was Joaquin Phoenix from what i've seen

This new one tho..yikes lol

D

Deleted member

Just had a look at Joker in the new movie and oh noooo lol

I always liked Joker from the old 1989 movie tbh, I thought Jack Nicholson did a really good job
Mark Hamill and Heath Ledger were great too, and so was Joaquin Phoenix from what i've seen

This new one tho..yikes lol
Technically It isn't new as It already appeared on Suicide Squad.

But yeah, It doesn't look promising at all.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
When a group of people is really passionate, they can make anything turn out great with the right amount of time.

Panic Buttom seems like the kind of small studio which does enjoy what they do (their Doom 3 Port was really good), but sadly had to deal with the limited time frame Bethesda gave them for 2016.

I feel confident that if Bethesda gave them more time for that Port, they would have dealt with at least half of the bugs reported at launch and gave us a smoother experience.
But Doom 3 was a PS3 game.

Doom 2016 was a PS4/Xbox One game.

Porting a game from a new gen into a old one (power wise) is going to require lots of sacrifice to make the work with the weaker hardware.

Unless the game doesn't use alot of resource, no amount of passions or time is going to make the first try at that kind of port goes ultra well. (especially since the Switch was still kinda of new at the time of porting Doom 2016, if I remember well)

I know you had a bad experience with it, but you gotta understand the limit of what peoples can make with the tools they got.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I will have to check out those two then.

I see a lot of people talking about Vesperia being good. Don't remember anything people say about Final Fantasy XII doh, so that could also be good to have first impressions on my own.
Tales of Vesperia is definitely one of the best in the series (though I think Berseria is better) so I'd give a shot.

Final Fantasy XII is pretty much Final Fantasy meets Star Wars in a way plot wise, has one of the best scores and has a battle system that has influenced a lot of RPGs from on out from Dragon Age to Xenoblade and is pretty great on its own.

I waited 5 Years to play it from discovery of the series (2012) to when I got the chance (2017) and the game was at the top of my most wanted to play list for that long. I'd give it a go.
And I also embarrassingly cried of annoyance when I found it the remaster came out in the middle of my holiday but let's keep it there.

Joaquin Phoenix to date is best Joker.

To think before seeing it I gave it so much ****.
I think he is. It was so grounded and it worked so well. Really hoping it's a one off.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I think he is. It was so grounded and it worked so well. Really hoping it's a one off.
Standalone or sequel. I'm happy either way, only as long as Todd Phillips returns to direct.

The ending especially captures the spirit of the Joker character we all know in the comics which IMO made it work as a movie about the Clown Prince of Crime.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

But Doom 3 was a PS3 game.

Doom 2016 was a PS4/Xbox One game.

Porting a game from a new gen into a old one (power wise) is going to require lots of sacrifice to make the work with the weaker hardware.

Unless the game doesn't use alot of resource, no amount of passions or time is going to make the first try at that kind of port goes ultra well. (especially since the Switch was still kinda of new at the time of Doom 2016, if I remember well)

I know you had a bad experience with it, but you gotta understand the limit of what peoples can make with the tools they got.
Yeah, it can also be true that I overstimate what the Switch can truly do.

I tend to see It as a console almost as strong as the PS4 but maybe the capabilities of the system aren't really that great.

In which case I could indeed be way more fair with the job done to the Port, as maybe that could have been infact the actual limits and not the image I have on my mind.

Tales of Vesperia is definitely one of the best in the series (though I think Berseria is better) so I'd give a shot.

Final Fantasy XII is pretty much Final Fantasy meets Star Wars in a way plot wise, has one of the best scores and has a battle system that has influenced a lot of RPGs from on out from Dragon Age to Xenoblade and is pretty great on its own.

I waited 5 Years to play it from discovery of the series (2012) to when I got the chance (2017) and the game was at the top of my most wanted to play list for that long. I'd give it a go.
And I also embarrassingly cried of annoyance when I found it the remaster came out in the middle of my holiday but let's keep it there.

Final Fantasy meets Star Wars does sound like a really cool premise, I have to admit.

And sure, I will check out on Vesperia when I get the time, need to check out other games on my priority list first doh.

Last edited by a moderator:

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

I tend to see It as a console almost as strong as the PS4 but maybe the capabilities of the system aren't really that great.

In which case I could indeed be way more fair with the job done to the Port, as maybe that could have been infact the actual limits and not the image I have on my mind.
The Switch is definitly not as powerful as a PS4.

A PS3? Sure, but otherwise it lag alot behind in several aspects.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Without a doubt Mark Hamill is one of them. Heath Ledger and Joaquin Phoenix did some really great contrasts of the Joker which Jared Leto tried way too hard for the former.

Other one I'd say is his VA for Injustice and MK11 Richard Epcar. Not perfect but he did really nail it in the unpredictable side of him.

And for Snyder's films? Watchmen was really good and wish there was more films from the comics.

Mini rant about what people said to you.

"People around Discord literally harassed me into playing the Game, claiming I had to play It before dying to "consider myself anything valuable""

Honestly people like them need a two month "vacation" to a Chinese/North Korean camp to learn some damn humility. sighs And people are wondering why governments are going strict on social media? Shouldn't be an asshole then. People wear the anonymity badge like nothing could happen to them and then would piss themselves at seeing some of them IRL.

That is all.

However the Doom port wasn't too bad but I do agree on your points except the gameplay. It was fun but I only really bought it so I can lessen the load on my PS4 if that makes sense.

Not really a fan of the Dark Knight Trilogy, including their Joker, and have never seen the Joker standalone on principle alone. So I guess I can’t comment, but from what I have seen and read about it... doesn’t really look like a film (or interpretation of the character) that would gel with me.

And as for Watchmen... I don’t think I can like Watchmen anymore after what it did to the comic industry. I’ve seen the movie, but like... idk. The studio execs really took the wrong lesson from that.

D

Deleted member

I don't want to sound rude but where did you get the idea that the Switch is almost as powerful as the PS4?
Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 11.20.29 AM.png
Screenshot 2021-02-09 at 11.20.07 AM.png

The Switch basically has half the power of a PS4(could be wrong cause I'm not super super experienced with computer stuff but I think that's what the numbers say?) so it's not that farfetched to assume that a game which is designed for a console 2x as powerful is going to struggle if you try to port it to a console which is weaker than it

D

Deleted member

The Switch is definitly not as powerful as a PS4.

A PS3? Sure, but otherwise it lag alot behind in several aspects.
Yeah, that's totally undeniable. It shows with a good chunk of games.

I guess what I used to think was that with enough effort you can port any middle gen PS4 Game with the right amount of downgrades.
And for all I know maybe that isn't how It actually is, which is ok.

I don't want to sound rude but where did you get the idea that the Switch is almost as powerful as the PS4?

The Switch basically has half the power of a PS4(could be wrong cause I'm not super super experienced with computer stuff but I think that's what the numbers say?) so it's not that farfetched to assume that a game which is designed for a console 2x as powerful is going to struggle if you try to port it to a console which is weaker than it
Basically what I said to Metal X.

D

Deleted member

I've been playing Hyrule Warriors for about 50-60 hours now and I only just now realized I can use Statis to extend the time I have to hit an enemy while they're in a weak point state -_-
A13usaonutL._CLa_2140,2000_61bGE8zfTeL.png_0,0,2140,2000+0.0,0.0,2140.0,2000.0_AC_UX522_.jpeg

D

Deleted member

I'm personally not interested in stocks or bitcoin. I already have my lucrative high stakes low reward income method from selling cards ¯\(ツ)
I've considered the idea of trying to buy stocks, but It seems like a whole different world and I would need years of study to understand It.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
RYUJI FINALLY SAID WITH AUDIO!!!!!
RYUJI FINALLY SAID THE F WORD!!!!!

PERSONA 5 STRIKERS IS OFFICIALLY THE 2021 GOTY!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom