• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Being I'm on a kaiju kick getting ready for Godzilla vs. Kong. I'm gonna watch Cloverfield tomorrow.

Also thinking of giving Rampage another go as well. It's no Kong: Skull Island but still an overall fun monster romp.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester @JDCabrera Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Some concept art for my Super Metroid project. Kihunter life cycle. I wonder if we'll see the Kihunters in Prime 4. They were initially planned for Prime 1 but were eventually cut from the game, so it'd be interesting to see how they'd work in the Prime series, so far Other M was their only 3D appearance. I could imagine they'd be quite the threat since they are supposed to be a super intelligent relative to the space pirates.

20210208_232549.jpg

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
man Casey Jones is such an awesome guy in the 2003 show...dammit 2012 Casey for being a **** and overconfident manchild who rarely got a dub
I mean, I dunno.

Could Taylor Swift launch a fully grown gorilla off an airborne platform using only the power of her rear end?
we're not allowed to release such footage of her doing that...let alone the one time where she created the multiverse with a singular song

Trouble specifically
I don’t think Peach has as many ex-mans as Swift
unless she dated every Toad for some reason, Peach probably had some boyfriends before meeting Mario

also that Ex-Mans pun...X-Men...I overlooked into it and have no regrets

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
Double post
Thank Christ.

I don’t care if it’s digital only, I never went anyway. I just need that sweet, sweet, E3 Nintendo Direct. Let’s hope they make one.
Yeah. Hopefully, everything that Nintendo delayed from last year until now that we haven't seen yet because of COVID is actually all there at E3. I want a big juicy amount of Nintendo news there Nintendo.

I love how the actual source says it's still in the planning phase and has yet to be approved but of course clickbait trash has to completely jump the gun.
But PapaGenos isn't clickbait trash like LaxChris and Blocked Content. Papa delivers informative videos and only speculates about stuff that might seem credible.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Welp, E3 2021 is happening:

That doesn't sound like it's happening, that sounds more like it could be happening.

But PapaGenos isn't clickbait trash like LaxChris and Blocked Content. Papa delivers informative videos and only speculates about stuff that might seem credible.

Being the premium quality of a "clickbait trash" genre still makes it, despite how much effort he may put in his videos, "clickbait trash".

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
That doesn't sound like it's happening, that sounds more like it could be happening.
ESA really asking for six figures as if the major publishers didn't put their own shows together last year and as if smaller studios didn't band together for their own show either.

I dunno what they're smoking but their proposal is completely unappealing.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
ESA really asking for six figures as if the major publishers didn't put their own shows together last year and as if smaller studios didn't band together for their own show either.

I dunno what they're smoking but their proposal is completely unappealing.
Was E3 asking this pre-COVID is my biggest question.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Was E3 asking this pre-COVID is my biggest question.
Mine is whether or not they can guarantee that people's private info won't leak again.

That was a big blow even before the pandemic hit.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
that Britney Spears special tho...watch it

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Mine is whether or not they can guarantee that people's private info won't leak again.

That was a big blow even before the pandemic hit.
Those investors must be pretty big deals if they sign back on for E3, I can barely remember that they even play a role in the event.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ok. I wanna do an experiment and add up how much it would cost to buy all of the major streaming platforms and compare the yearly/monthly cost to my parents cable Bill. Which ones do you think I should include. I know I’m including Netflix, HBO Max, and Paramount+ (my mom REALLY wants to watch Picard). I suppose I should also include Disney+ and Hulu. Which other ones should I include to really cover my bases?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Ok. I wanna do an experiment and add up how much it would cost to buy all of the major streaming platforms and compare the yearly/monthly cost to my parents cable Bill. Which ones do you think I should include. I know I’m including Netflix, HBO Max, and Paramount+ (my mom REALLY wants to watch Picard). I suppose I should also include Disney+ and Hulu. Which other ones should I include to really cover my bases?
Peacock if you want to watch NBC **** like... uh, The Office. And... uh... Law & Order? I really don't know what they offer that's a selling point other than The Office after it got moved.

Last edited:

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
Amazon Prime is a major one

N3ON

Gone Exploring
BRoomer

It's basically the presentation part without the networking/hands-on/behind-closed-doors part that's actually valuable to the companies. This isn't the aughts, companies are and have proven to be capable of hosting their own digital events.

I wonder if the few more eyes they'd get as being part of this whole thing is incentive enough to sacrifice autonomy for the big companies that can just do their own thing, and were already moving in that direction even pre-pandemic.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Peacock if you want to watch NBC **** like... uh, The Office. And... uh... Law & Order? I really don't know what they offer that's a selling point other than The Office after it got moved.
WWE is soon to move their Network streaming service onto Peacock, and that’s USA’s (the channel) biggest program, so there’s that

theres also 321 Penguins, Parks & Recreation, Weird Al, Everybody Hates Chris, George Lopez, Brooklyn 99, Sports, and Psych

and SnakeFighter64 SnakeFighter64 ...BET+

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
i'm close to 30,000 posts, yay me.

WWE is soon to move their Network streaming service onto Peacock, and that’s USA’s (the channel) biggest program, so there’s that

theres also 321 Penguins, Parks & Recreation, Weird Al, Everybody Hates Chris, George Lopez, Brooklyn 99, Sports, and Psych
the only two i've ever liked out of those all were chris rock's show and psych

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
I just want my gamer Christmas back lol.

Summer Games Fest was a weak alternative and the spaced out reveals made it easily forgettable. It wasn't really any different from any regular news cycle in terms of announcements.

Then there's the idea of other companies hosting their own digital events but only a few of them actually do.

It's just nice having a regular time of year to get a bunch of announcements close together from several major parties. Some feel it can overcrowd some reveals but honestly, I find the compacted and compiled nature makes the opposite occur. Everything's together in terms of article coverage or potentially alongside something else you'd tuned in to watch.

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I would just be careful about subscribing to too many recurring services/purchases at once. In the industry I work in having too many subscriptions not only costs more money than you can possibly use, but it becomes much harder to keep track of your finances and creates a lot of problems should, heaven forbid, something major come up to disrupt you.

And yes, this word of warning is also me venting about my job. A disproportionate number of issues I help our clients with revolve around not paying attention to fine-prints or people complaining about being charged and claiming they did cancel on time. lol

Spent almost a hour and a half helping a single customer who hadn't paid attention to their finances in months and were shocked they were still being billed for stuff they don't use anymore between around 10 different services. "But I only bought the one thing off of Amazon, what do you mean they've been billing me for Prime for the past 6 months?!" "I haven't watched Netflix in months?!":facepalm:

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Tomorrow I will have two projects to share. A Nicktoons Fighting Game and a Nicktoons Kart Racer. Place your pre-orders now!
Interesting, can't wait to see it.

If I did a remastered Nicktoons Unite, I would add in 4 new characters.
(They would be Lincoln from Loud House, Miko from Glitch Teens, Otis from Barnyard and Zim from Invader Zim.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom