• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I’m being cheeky, dude.
Dutch Raikuna Dutch Raikuna Admittedly it took me a second to remember you changed her skin tone so I thought you were referring to Lena for a sec.
I'm learning dude.

And the idea of skin tone came from you after all. I'm not putting out character names and such yet out of fear of people stealing my ideas but maybe I'll gain the confidence eventually. I don't know if I'm just too paranoid about that.

Need to think some minor character names and decide of how to trim the fat but going to bed soon (easier to do things at night for me). I'm not ruling out completely changing it to a sort of story thing like Cloud Atlas or Kino's Journey: Some loosely connected stories featuring the same characters instead.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I'm learning dude.

And the idea of skin tone came from you after all. I'm not putting out character names and such yet out of fear of people stealing my ideas but maybe I'll gain the confidence eventually. I don't know if I'm just too paranoid about that.

Need to think some minor character names and decide of how to trim the fat but going to bed soon (easier to do things at night for me). I'm not ruling out completely changing it to a sort of story thing like Cloud Atlas or Kino's Journey: Some loosely connected stories featuring the same characters instead.
Fair enough. Let me know if you need any help.

Gotten a bit more progress though I’m stuck on a few story related things and may need help with those soon.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Today I also had an ebay order arrive that I got with some vouchers.

Got a N64 controller pak, rumble pak and another transfer pak all bundled together.

This transfer pak works a lot more reliably than my other one, so playing the Pokemon Stadium games should become even better. Plus having two of them I can now trade through them. I was using Gameboys to do that before but one of the Gameboy's battery connector plates has corroded so I'd need to fix that before it can work again.

The controller pak is nice, as now I can do an actual playthrough of Snowboard Kids. I normally just use the code to unlock everything in the game but it would be nice to forego that when I feel like playing it.

The rumble pak is also fun to use. Tested it out on GoldenEye and it was surreal going from no rumble to feeling it every time I fired a gun. Now I'm shooting with power.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I don't concern myself with the scientific details of my creations so much unless it's relevant to the writings that they're involved with. The above creature I posted, Giryu, is a Grey Skull Astralgon.
They don't need to be scientifically accurate, because that depends on your intent.

But the scientific knowledge can help make your creations more believable. And by believable, I mean with respect to the universe they exist.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Me: Creates an in depth design document about a game I want to make

Also Me: Coding is scary and RPG maker is too simple.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
You never know until you try.

Seriously. There are people who make good games and who also like the Turtles brand. Just give the project to one of them.
Just make your own mutant animal superheroes like everyone else was doing.

At best you get Battletoads.

At worst you get The Cheetahmen, which actually has a killer main theme so maybe it's not actually the worst.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just make your own mutant animal superheroes like everyone else was doing.

At best you get Battletoads.

At worst you get The Cheetahmen, which actually has a killer main theme so maybe it's not actually the worst.
I don't want to MAKE a game though! I want to play one! The two experiences are completely different and one disables the ability to truly experience the other.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't want to MAKE a game though! I want to play one! The two experiences are completely different and one disables the ability to truly experience the other.
This is me except it's "boyfriend" instead of "game".

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
How hard is it to will something into existence? I've been thinking of trying it out.
Depends what it is, and whether it is something that you can conceivably control.

If its something that falls on the control of others, the best you can do is ask, cross your fingers and wait.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I still feel like I managed to will Banjo into Smash.
Nah, Nintendo noticed that most Banjo fans have disposable income and decided that he was easy money.

Either that, or it was to make Steve's negotiations easier.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Depends what it is, and whether it is something that you can conceivably control.

If its something that falls on the control of others, the best you can do is ask, cross your fingers and wait.
I wish companies had open suggestion boxes where people could ask them to make certain products.

Man. This thing doesn’t exist and yet I already feel bad for the poor sucker who would have to go through all of them.

Aetheri

Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I wish companies had open suggestion boxes where people could ask them to make certain products.

Man. This thing doesn’t exist and yet I already feel bad for the poor sucker who would have to go through all of them.
"Man...this Snake person must really want a TMNT game, this is the hundredth suggestion they've given us this week"

"Yeah, yknow what let's go ahead and do that...I really wanted to try making an open-world TMNT game"
:troll:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
willing things into existence can work in a positive way at times (ala KofiMania)...even if it ends like **** and makes you wanna beat the ***** ass out of someone that made the ending (...****ing Brock)

osby

Smash Obsessed
"Man...this Snake person must really want a TMNT game, this is the hundredth suggestion they've given us this week"

"Yeah, yknow what let's go ahead and do that...I really wanted to try making an open-world TMNT game"
:troll:
And it turns out to be a sandbox RPG with Souls-like combat, customizable avatar character, and guest appearances from Marvel characters.

Just giving the fans what they want.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
An open world TMNT game?

What like the Shadows Of Mordor games? Or Gothim City? Cause that would actually be dope.

Also I'm not asleep. God damn it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
She-Hulk getting her current comics design cancelled...only took them 5 years to fully hate it
surprising how despite their hatred for the way she's being treated...they took their sweet time by hating on other things

osby

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of Godzilla, I'd be a huge kaiju fan if all their movies looked like this.

She-Hulk getting her current comics design cancelled...only took them 5 years to fully hate it
surprising how despite their hatred for the way she's being treated...they took their sweet time by hating on other things
You know, I can appreciate trying to make She-Hulk less "Hulk as a cheesecake" design-wise but erasing all of her likable traits was a really bad way to do it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Speaking of Godzilla, I'd be a huge kaiju fan if all their movies looked like this.

You know, I can appreciate trying to make She-Hulk less "Hulk as a cheesecake" design-wise but erasing all of her likable traits was a really bad way to do it.
weird thing was how last year her likable traits were slowly coming back, as she started to build herself back upwards once more...then the Avengers comics kinda purposely stopped that from happening

only bright side is that this is better than the time Hulk was horny for her back in 2000...and when they had kids in Old Man Logan, but I kinda don’t like remembering that part

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’d like an option to turn off the text-function things personally.

We already have buttons for that stuff anyway.

let us do 4chan greenposting or whatever it was called with those arrows.

and let us do action stuffs with asterisks instead of automatic italics smh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom