• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2

So interesting stuff mentioned here in this podcast revealing the Zelda 64 script and text found in the F-Zero X prototype:

- The Desert Colossus was originally called The Statue of the Evil Goddess of Din.

- Ocarina of Time was originally suppose to have Inns like in Majora's Mask and Ingo was originally intended to have been one of these inns' employees.

- The medallion items worked the same as the Great Fairy items and the Eye of Truth excluding the cut Soul Medallion which would have allowed you to play as Navi for a short time like how you you could be a fairy for short period in Zelda II.

Interesting stuff.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
From what i remember of lego starwars , there were ability groups. Jedi had swords and force. Rebels had blasters. Some had hover packs. Some were just jokes. So, i think that is a possibility.
Newer lego games dont really have ability Groups that much for example

Lego Marvel

Spiderman can Swing,use "hookshoots" and can climb aswelöl as Scan these abilitys are Abiltiys that some other characters possres aswell for example Wolverine can Sacn, Sweing is basicly Fly and hookshots are of course also used by characters that dont use nets

In the case of the Zelda game

Shoot would be able to be used by Octorocks,Zelda and others
And Doublejump (which would basicly be a Ability for all "hero" characters) is not link exclusive

osby

Smash Obsessed
Links botw Design is bad why doesnt have his iconic hat

And why use this boring design in Crossovers????
Because you have other versions that are more faithful to Link's original concept and serve as alternatives for people who might not prefer the design from recent and wildly popular Zelda game if you don't like it???? :ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Because BOTW was succesful, why not promote it elsewhere?

And some do quite like the BOTW design.
I dont think Botw "the best zelda game ever" needs promotion a lot of people only played Botw

Also like the design it still misses the Hat and its not even links outfit its the "champions outfit" so its more related to Zelda than link (her botw self wore blue before link did)

Also if you want to change the Outfit ingame fine but what would you think if mario wore now this outfit in advertising:

D

Deleted member

Because why would he? The entire point of BOTW was to go back to the roots and challenge the norms and traditions of the franchise, in a way, a “breath of the wild” so to speak.

Last edited by a moderator:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Because you have other versions that are more faithful to Link's original concept and serve as alternatives for people who might not prefer the design from recent and wildly popular Zelda game if you don't like it???? :ulttoonlink::ultyounglink:
Im not talking about smash im reffering to games like Skyrim or Monster hunter

Because why would he? The entire point of BOTW was to go back to the roots and challenge the norms and traditions of the franchise, in a way, a “breath of the wild” so to speak.
Yeah and maybe link should fight Sciencefiction Aliens( no the majoras mak ones dont count) with a gun

this was said by arlo so yeah

Also mabe link should die and not reincarnete

Also not said by me

Traditions are not automaticly bad

Last edited:

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I dont think Botw "the best zelda game ever" needs promotion a lot of people only played Botw

Also like the design it still misses the Hat and its not even links outfit its the "champions outfit" so its more related to Zelda than link (her botw self wore blue before link did)

Also if you want to change the Outfit ingame fine but what would you think if mario wore now this outfit in advertising:
I never said it was the greatest game, I just said it was incredibly successful.

And I feel that Mario comparison is a bit of a stretch.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I never said it was the greatest game, I just said it was incredibly successful.

And I feel that Mario comparison is a bit of a stretch.
yeah i didnt found the perfect picture its just that Botw link is relativly bland
I mean nintendo already plans on changing his design but to be fair i tak bland over this

luickily Botw 2 seems to refine this design A LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOT he looks far to edgy his ghost hand fits more than the mechanical one

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Yes, but sometimes they're not good either. that's the bloody point -_-
But links outfit is a good and iconic thing if you want to add outfits (like odysey) its fine but why make the classic outfit either super difficult to obtain or let it cost 15 $ i wouldnt complain if the hylian aromur was replaced by a Link outifit (or atleast the hat would be his iconic one)

the Hat is probably the biggest sting its like if marios classic hat would be locked behind 100%

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Bring back Pink Hair Link.
ok but only if he wears his classic tunic also his hair was never supposed to lopok pink just like yoshi was never supposed to have orange arms

BoTW is thr most recent Zelda game, and the most popular in years. Makes sense why they would use his BoTW design in crossovers, especially since he's getting a sequel.

C'mon man, really?
As far as i remember he actually said that giving link a gun is just a terrible idea (especialy because you could just give him a laser crosbow if you want to go this route)

The fallen hero and adult timelines:
first in the fallen timeline he definitly did Reincarnete see its him

and even in wind waker no matter what logic says link is still there
he has the same look and demeanor as other links so yeah it counts
IMHO, only super bad change BotW made was axing dungeons. Bring those back and the game would have been perfect for me.
Gameplaywise i agree on this having linear (classic) dungeons is the perfect balancing tool

D

Deleted member

IMHO, only super bad change BotW made was axing dungeons. Bring those back and the game would have been perfect for me.
Personally I disagree, I liked the Divine Beasts more than traditional dungeons because of how unique they felt.

Then again BOTW was the first game where I actually got that far into so I don’t exactly have a leg to stand on here.....

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
????????? do you mean me???????????? i really wasnt talking to you right????????????????

Also are these im Angry Posts serious or not im confused!
No, nothing to do with you, just ranting given things currently going on with myself how this pandemic and lockdown has been harder with managing my compulsive thoughts and at this point I'm overfatigued and as mentioned ragequit as I'm finally at my limit. Seems they're no longer getting to me.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Personally I disagree, I liked the Divine Beasts more than traditional dungeons because of how unique they felt.

Then again BOTW was the first game where I actually got that far into so I don’t exactly have a leg to stand on here.....
yeah this is what i mean if you like zelda only because of the Changes then nintendo shouldnt really listen to you (im sorry) That like if i would say That shooters should stop having blood in them

Zelda really needs dungeons mate they where there since day one

And changes should still exist but just should make sense for example this picture makes me sad
why did they change this WHHHHHYYYYYYYY!

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

That's your opinion...his Champion outfit is fine plus you have the choice to use other alts that coincide with his more iconic green tunic.

Nintendo is going to continue to promote BotW until either the sequel comes out, or until the Switch is no longer a relevant system, doesn't matter how successful the game is the company's not going to go, "well the game sold enough units I suppose"

Poor argument since Mario doesn't actually look like that in any successful Mario title, so it's not promoting any game specifically making it a design change just because. BotW is the highest selling Zelda game of all time, so clearly most Zelda fans aren't that bothered by his change in design (considering the nature of the game, most people won't be wearing his tunic for the majority of the game anyways)

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Hey buddies! ^_^

Just what I needed now being overfatigued from my compulsive thoughts.
in my case it scares me a lot (ok it would only scare me if i would see these dogs i real live)
That's your opinion...his Champion outfit is fine plus you have the choice to use other alts that coincide with his more iconic green tunic.

Nintendo is going to continue to promote BotW until either the sequel comes out, or until the Switch is no longer a relevant system, doesn't matter how successful the game is the company's not going to go, "well the game sold enough units I suppose"

Poor argument since Mario doesn't actually look like that in any successful Mario title, so it's not promoting any game specifically making it a design change just because. BotW is the highest selling Zelda game of all time, so clearly most Zelda fans aren't that bothered by his change in design (considering the nature of the game, most people won't be wearing his tunic for the majority of the game anyways)
i didnt mean Smash i meant crossovers with Monster Hunter and Skyrim

Also you know what Overexaggeration is right (also i didnt find a more fitting picture but mario without Beard,Hat and having a diffrent Color for his Overalls is basicly what Links design is

BotW is the highest selling Zelda game of all time/is going to continue to promote BotW yeah that proves my point
They should put more money in promoting 2d Zelda Games because i heard People say "wHy isNt iT LikE BoTw iT lOOks kIdDy"

Elevator pitch: Mario Kart Ultimate. Every character and track from series history.
Pink gold Peach and Baby Rosalina and the Boring flat Tracks no thanks

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
Elevator pitch: Mario Kart Ultimate. Every character and track from series history.
Would this include the Mario Kart Arcade games or are we limited to the main console games? Also does this include Mario Kart Tour exclusive stuff?

If so, I'm all in on this idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom