• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So guys. Was working on my story ideas with a bit of help from Wade on talking about stuff.

Me: "I'm thinking of using something like a chocobo as something as a creature."

Wade shows a picture of this bird.

View attachment 300699

My brain was like "how did I not remember this bird?"

And this my friends is why I failed biology.
Ostriches are pretty cool. Very fluffy

Last edited by a moderator:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
So guys. Was working on my story ideas with a bit of help from Wade on talking about stuff.

Me: "I'm thinking of using something like a chocobo as something as a creature."

View attachment 300699

What bird? Is it behind the dinosaur?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
If Godzilla himself was a video game character, would he be in Smash as a fighter?
(As well the other Kaiju.)
  1. Godzilla (main protagonist)
  2. Angurius (was Godzilla's first enemy later as ally.)
  3. Mothra (Iconic female character)
  4. Rodan (Again, one of the popular Kaiju.)
  5. King Ghidorah (Famous villian rep)
  6. Mechagodzilla (Semi-clone of Godzilla.)
  7. Zilla Jr. (Would bring nostalgia of watching Godzilla: The Series)
  8. King Kong (He's now part of Monsterverse)
  9. Spacegodzilla (Echo Fighter of Godzilla)

D

Deleted member

This is one of the smaller reasons why I don't play Ultimate competitively anymore. Even with random character crap like that, I would still be able to enjoy myself if the connection was reliable. That's the main thing for me: if the online mode sucks, I'll check out.
I don't really bother with competitive fighter games tbh. Too fast and complicated for my liking, especially when my reaction speed is ****. Now card games and the like, on the other hand....

Last edited by a moderator:

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I keep telling myself that before the year is out I am going to complete Rare Replay and get all the stamps (completed 27 of the 30 games stamps wise, saving Jetpac for last so I gotta do Kameo and Perfect Dark Zero).

Then I boot up Perfect Dark Zero and realize things are gonna get tough. Kameo won't be any easier.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I have ranked how important each Phantom Theif is to the plot of Persona 5 Vanilla and Royal (and will assume the order stays the same way for Strikers)
  • Ren and Morgana
  • Makoto
  • Akechi
  • Futaba and Ryuji
  • Yoshizawa
  • Ann
  • Yusuke
  • Haru
This is probably accurate enough. If wrong please send all complaints to my assistant client Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade Niijima

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I have ranked how important each Phantom Theif is to the plot of Persona 5 Vanilla and Royal (and will assume the order stays the same way for Strikers)
  • Ren and Morgana
  • Makoto
  • Akechi
  • Futaba and Ryuji
  • Yoshizawa
  • Ann
  • Yusuke
  • Haru
This is probably accurate enough. If wrong please send all complaints to my assistant client Hadokeyblade Hadokeyblade Niijima
Sounds about right, Yusuke is mainly comic relief.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
A little ways through Tales of Vesperia. Nice game so far, like the combat, the story's taking interesting turns, and the animation sequences are also nice. Wish I could say the same for some of the game cutscenes, those are probably the most dated, but even then it's still pretty beautiful because of course cel-shading lasts a lot longer.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
A little ways through Tales of Vesperia. Nice game so far, like the combat, the story's taking interesting turns, and the animation sequences are also nice. Wish I could say the same for some of the game cutscenes, those are probably the most dated, but even then it's still pretty beautiful because of course cel-shading lasts a lot longer.
Game is legit in my top 3 RPGs, so I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it, ha ha.

You played as any different party members yet, or have you stuck with Yuri?

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Game is legit in my top 3 RPGs, so I'm happy to hear you're enjoying it, ha ha.

You played as any different party members yet, or have you stuck with Yuri?
Yuri and Raven are the only ones I've found decently playable for me. I either cooooombo or I cooooombo with bows.

MooMew64

Yuri and Raven are the only ones I've found decently playable for me. I either cooooombo or I cooooombo with bows.
Oh yeah, Raven is one of the best members in the game. I'd reccomend checking a guide constantly for a certain sidequest for him, though: There's a string of sidequests that are tied to his best Arte, and they are super easy to miss.

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Oh yeah, Raven is one of the best members in the game. I'd reccomend checking a guide constantly for a certain sidequest for him, though: There's a string of sidequests that are tied to his best Arte, and they are super easy to miss.
I'll find it if I find it, not really looking to 100% it on my first run.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
This is one of the smaller reasons why I don't play Ultimate competitively anymore. Even with random character crap like that, I would still be able to enjoy myself if the connection was reliable. That's the main thing for me: if the online mode sucks, I'll check out.
Well I was the "random character crap" in that instance. But honestly I love being able to do stuff like that. It's part of why I love Charizard so much. Marth is a sword character who excels in range and neutral. Charizard is a superheavy who excels in rage abuse and advantage state. I just leveraged my character's strengths and combine it with a read to end a stock early. Having a perfectly balanced game where no characters have abusable strengths or weaknesses would mean no cheese, but it would also be quite boring and repetitive, and characters and players would have less opportunities to truly express themselves.

I'm not going to defend Ultimate's online mode at all though. That's just a mess with issues that go beyond just the lag.

MooMew64

TBH Smash is a casual experience for me because of the online and lack of proper QoL for online.

While Splatoon isn't amazing in those areas either, I love the game's comp set up more: It just feels more set up for that than Smash is. If I decide to play a game competitively, Splatoon would be the one.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
TBH Smash is a casual experience for me because of the online and lack of proper QoL for online.

While Splatoon isn't amazing in those areas either, I love the game's comp set up more: It just feels more set up for that than Smash is. If I decide to play a game competitively, Splatoon would be the one.
Ranked Splatoon is goated as ****, until you get stuck on a team that's all low ranged weapons rushing into enemy territory when the enemy team are all top 10 Eliters since Splatoon 1 and pancaking dualies who you can't hit.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Competitive Nintendogs > all other competition

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
Elite Smash is a weird game because you either do absolutely well, absolutely **** and get kicked out of it, or get in a continuous loop of getting out and immediately back in and immediately back out. Like goddamn, why does losing need me to win 3 matches more to make up for it?

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

View attachment 300699

That’s a cool orangutan pic

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That’s a cool orangutan pic
Wade that's clearly a hippo
I hate to be the guy who ruins the joke, but someone in this thread might not actually know what type of bird that is and as fun as this conversation is I can't let them go uninformed.

The creature depicted in that picture is an extinct species of bird known as Anomalocaris that was most common during the Cambrian Explosion. They're actually some of the earliest known predatory animals, and their name means "strange shrimp". It is a bit weird to name a bird after a shrimp but hey, I've never named a species before so what do I know?

Remember this information, for it could one day save your life.

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
GOD, I love snowy nights in my area. The light from the city bounces off the clouds and comes back down to the ground, so everything just looks like a scene ripped out of a sepia-tone movie. It’s absolutely mesmerizing.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

View attachment 300699

It was the peak of civilization...

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Same. Well. Unless it is like a lego game, where everyone plays the same. Then it is a no holds barge.
I mean i made a lego Zelda Roster it is above you its still missing some character like the "Normal" link of the game
but really thinking of what ability everyone has is pretty simple most Links for Example have
Bommerang, Shooting, "silver" (not really in this game) destruction, and Holy Sword (basicly like Arragorn in Lotr Lego)

And smash can also have bigger Rosters its a REEEALY simple Fighter Although probably half then Lego Rosters of course

D

Deleted member

A specific part of my watch somehow "feel off" last night which is confusing the hell outta me as even if it could fall off I didn't take my watch off yesterday. Luckily it's just a part that makes it look nice so it's not the end of the world

drag0nscythe

Smash Master
I mean i made a lego Zelda Roster it is above you its still missing some character like the "Normal" link of the game
but really thinking of what ability everyone has is pretty simple most Links for Example have
Bommerang, Shooting, "silver" (not really in this game) destruction, and Holy Sword (basicly like Arragorn in Lotr Lego)

And smash can also have bigger Rosters its a REEEALY simple Fighter Although probably half then Lego Rosters of course
From what i remember of lego starwars , there were ability groups. Jedi had swords and force. Rebels had blasters. Some had hover packs. Some were just jokes. So, i think that is a possibility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom