• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Sometimes it feels like when I'm talking to someone, they don't actually having anything to talk about, so they just throw a bunch of random bull** together and call it a conversation. That's not just here, I see that ** all the time because people just wanna have interaction nowadays what with COVID.

I was talking to someone yesterday at the store about their marriage issues and I had to remind them that I'm not a marriage counselor just to get my frozen purchases back home.
Pretty much me nowadays in a way. Sometimes it feels like I'm just talking to like satisfy that social instinct if that makes sense than actually wanting to talk.

As for the second point, earphones dude. Even if you don't have music in, just put them in and people will not really say to you. Unless you are working in a store in which case damn.

Last edited:

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Pretty much me nowadays in a way. Sometimes it feels like I'm just talking to like satisfy that social instinct if that makes sense than actually wanting to talk.
It's pretty much everyone, cause everyone collectively has the worst cabin fever in a long time. I'm an introvert though, so I've been loving the alone time.
As for the second point, earphones dude. Even if you don't have music in, just put them in and people will not really say to you. Unless you are working in a store in which case damn.
I can't wear earphones. Got a pair of headphones but I don't like having those on because it distracts me from what I'm doing.

Its complicated.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester @JDCabrera Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei

Today's creature is an interesting topic. Therizinosaurus alien.
Therizinosaurs are already pretty alien compared to most other dinosaurs, but being stuck on a different planet a lot more than we can manage this creature would take on a very alien appearance. The most important elements are it's distinctive sharp claws as well as it's sauropod like neck, so those were crucial elements in my design.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
John Cena and Harley Quinn gonna be an awesome movie

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Hey.

Did y'all know Metroid Prime 2 is the best Prime game?

It's pretty neat. (This may or may not be related to me listening to the OST right now and remembering how much it slaps.) :nifty:
Fact.

And Sanctuary Fortress is one of the coolest locations in a Metroid game.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Playing Sonic Lost World for the first time...

Man Zeena is such a cringe character. I don't think I've ever met a more lazy female character. She is the EPITOME of "girl" being a personality.
Guess that’ll happen to you when you’re put in a Smurfette position

Noipoi

Howdy!
Guess that’ll happen to you when you’re put in a Smurfette position
Even if you’re the sole girl on a team, you can still have a personality.

But of course, I don’t need to tell you that. Someone needs to tell Sonic Team.

Noipoi Noipoi @JDCabrera Metal Shop X Metal Shop X

So, are you gonna try out the Balan Wonderworld Demo that releases on the 28th? xD I will try out the Steam version of it and see if it's fun enough to make me consider getting it a few years later when it has dropped in price.
I hadn’t thought about it, actually. I may look into it.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I thought we had moved past this writing style as a society to be honest.
Some are slower on the uptake than others. Look at George Lucas’s Strange Magic two years later.

Watch as they add in a second female Zeti but it’s the stereotypical action movie angry chick who boasts about how she can take care of herself while her father goes on about how unorthodox and unladylike it is, apparently still considered deviant female behavior in this day and age, still stuck in 1995 argh argh argh.

D

Deleted member

I thought we had moved past this writing style as a society to be honest.
We live in a society.

For real though, you're giving Sonic Team too much credit. Those are the guys who made Tails cover in fear when confronted with Chaos 0. Ever since the Adventure era ended (maybe up to and including Sonic 06, not too familiar though) they forgot how to write non one-dimensional characters.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Some are slower on the uptake than others. Look at George Lucas’s Strange Magic two years later.

Watch as they add in a second female Zeti but it’s the stereotypical action movie angry chick who boasts about how she can take care of herself while her father goes on about how unorthodox and unladylike it is, apparently still considered deviant female behavior in this day and age, still stuck in 1995 argh argh argh.
Say what you want about Girl Bosses, at least it isn't as demeaning.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584

So, are you gonna try out the Balan Wonderworld Demo that releases on the 28th? xD I will try out the Steam version of it and see if it's fun enough to make me consider getting it a few years later when it has dropped in price.
Seeing a game that is so incredibly SEGA being made by Square is still so jarring to me but I’m excited to see where they take it because it gives me some incredible Billy Hatcher vibes. I’ll test out the demo for sure.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Say what you want about Girl Bosses, at least it isn't as demeaning.
When they’re basically there to be angry and put down all the “other girls” that like traditional girly things as well as look down on anything resembling femininity, then yeah I do think that’s demeaning.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When they’re basically there to be angry and put down all the “other girls” that like traditional girly things and look down on anything resembling femininity, then yeah I do think that’s demeaning.
A reminder that there are multiple different perspectives on different things that can and should inform your actions and opinions. I genuinely didn't think about that.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700

Uh, I don't think so.

While the game look interesting & I hope it succeed if it's good, don't think I mentionned it before, did I?:ultrob:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom