• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
If guns don't work, then swords. Dual swords.

Set up a story where an offer to make Zavok more interesting turns out to be some sick experiment by Dr. Eggman that results in Zavok developing enhanced physical strength and new abilities. This sets up Zavok escaping and hunting down Eggman by all means necessary. Zavok's new found strength also amuses him which augments his sense of humour, resulting in him making quips and fourth wall breaks frequently. Also he's now voiced Ryan Reynolds and there can be a spin off called Zavok Kills the Sonic Universe.

SonicMetaphor

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Set up a story where an offer to make Zavok more interesting turns out to be some sick experiment by Dr. Eggman that results in Zavok developing enhanced physical strength and new abilities. This sets up Zavok escaping and hunting down Eggman by all means necessary. Zavok's new found strength also amuses him which augments his sense of humour, resulting in him making quips and fourth wall breaks frequently. Also he's now voiced Ryan Reynolds and there can be a spin off called Zavok Kills the Sonic Universe.
That and you can rename him Zavpool.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Inb4 Disney/Marvel issues a cease and desist

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
I’d love to see Honey be used!

Still, I thought I saw at least one person say the Six were better in IDW.

I’d say the way they are is Sonic Team’s fault. They did not seem to know well how to make them good from the start.
I can't speak for the Deadly Six as a whole, but I will say I liked Zavok more in the Bad Guys miniseries then anything Sonic Team has done with him.

Granted, that's not saying much since Sonic Team brings him back to do nothing with him, but I can at least say I thought he had good moments there that he was almost completely devoid of in the games.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

That last point isn't necessary since Sonic Team is already doing a good job with that themselves.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
My Melee main journey continued. Here is how the results stack up after round 4:

1611545854165.png

13th place: Sheik. Her short hop isn't that good, so combos feel harder to do. I think her toolkit is pretty effective, but her focus on grappling doesn't fit me that well. Plus, it's hard to dash dance with her, I've come to find.

12th place: Young Link. He's pretty fun against floaties, but horribly annoying to play as against the spacies. I noped out of this one after fighting a Falco multiple times in a row, but he almost brought me back in against Luigi. Sorry, Yink.

11th place: Samus. Her toolkit is effective, but doesn't really fit my playstyle.

10th place: Fox. Is he fun? YUP. Is he the best in the game? YUP. Is he also insanely hard to use and master? YUP. Will he tire out your fingers and break you? YUP. Am I dropping him? YUP.

9th place: Kirby. This one hurts. I love playing as the little guy. He feels easy on the fingers and is a fun underdog character to use, but unfortunately his toolkit isn't complete enough for me to elevate him into the top 8.

---
My top 8: Doc, Mario, Luigi, Falcon, Falco, Pika, Puff, and Marth

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
My Melee main journey continued. Here is how the results stack up after round 4:

View attachment 300499

13th place: Sheik. Her short hop isn't that good, so combos feel harder to do. I think her toolkit is pretty effective, but her focus on grappling doesn't fit me that well. Plus, it's hard to dash dance with her, I've come to find.

12th place: Young Link. He's pretty fun against floaties, but horribly annoying to play as against the spacies. I noped out of this one after fighting a Falco multiple times in a row, but he almost brought me back in against Luigi. Sorry, Yink.

11th place: Samus. Her toolkit is effective, but doesn't really fit my playstyle.

10th place: Fox. Is he fun? YUP. Is he the best in the game? YUP. Is he also insanely hard to use and master? YUP. Will he tire out your fingers and break you? YUP. Am I dropping him? YUP.

9th place: Kirby. This one hurts. I love playing as the little guy. He feels easy on the fingers and is a fun underdog character to use, but unfortunately his toolkit isn't complete enough for me to elevate him into the top 8.

---
My top 8: Doc, Mario, Luigi, Falcon, Falco, Pika, Puff, and Marth
Go Luigi.

That's my main.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
Go Luigi.

That's my main.
Luigi is so much fun. During my "round 4" of deciding a main, I had one match of Luigi dittos with one of my friends. That single match alone was enough to solidify him in top 8 xD It was hilarious and fun.

And, I must say, he's certainly not 8th place within that top 8 at the moment. I'd say he's a front-runner, or close to it.

Last edited:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
I can't speak for the Deadly Six as a whole, but I will say I liked Zavok more in the Bad Guys miniseries then anything Sonic Team has done with him.

Granted, that's not saying much since Sonic Team brings him back to do nothing with him, but I can at least say I thought he had good moments there that he was almost completely devoid of in the games.
So should I pull from that then if I decide to incorporate Zavok more into my story mode writing?

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Also, mini rant coming: I just have to say I'm just not happy with how Sonic Team has been handling the characters as a whole. Forces in particular is the worst, but many of these issues were problems heading into it to begin with.

Tails has gone backwards on his development for the most part as Adventure tried to give him some autonomy from Sonic and grow up, but with Forces they had him fall back into being completely dependent on him to the point that he was mocked ruthlessly for the Chaos Zero (who mind you, he beat up Chaos Four no problem before his development). Amy and Shadow have a similar issues where their development led to them being independent and free of their past respectively to having their crush go overboard or falling into the worst of their archetype. Knuckles lost his main role as the protector of the Master Emerald, and with that important piece of the character downplayed he often falls into the gullible dumb muscle archetype, and the rest of the cast isn't given enough time or opportunity to shine since the focus is often far away from them. The only character that has been handled well is Eggman, and even then you can pick at some things.

The newer characters have also not been much better. We've talked about the Deadly Six multiple times, but Infinite is another example of just how much the ball was dropped. I'm not going to say the character had the best start since even when he was first introduced people were calling him an edgelord, but even so there were still people interested in him and seeing how his character would be handled, and then we get the game and the DLC and what happens? In the main game he's just a jerk that gets tossed out with little fanfare while the DLC botched his backstory to a point that he gets mocked for how poorly it was conveyed. It says a lot when the IDW preview comic is seen as the best part of the character, and it had far less time to work with for him.

And really, that's the big issue right now: For as beloved as these characters are, most of the heavy lifting has been done by other Sonic media rather then the main team. Sonic Boom? Gave us a show with some fun moments and interactions between the main four and Eggman (and Vector for his one episode). The IDW comics? Gives us solid interpretations of all the characters and fun plotlines. Even the movie gave us a good Sonic and Eggman. For some reason Sonic Team is just struggling to find a way to use these characters. It may be because they're skittish after the backlash they've gotten over the years for "Sonic's annoying friends", but instead of making better use of them they'd rather just downplay them or devolve them into their most basic selves. These characters can be good, it's just a matter of getting someone who can handle these characters and give them a plotline and interactions that makes the most of them.

So should I pull from that then if I decide to incorporate Zavok more into my story mode writing?
It's a good start.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
You said it wrong.

It’s “Go Weegee!”.
Ah yes. Weegee.

He's still in my closet.

Though I don't live there anymore, I can still hear the sounds of his breathing. Like a crunching leaf in mud, being mixed with a moderately cheap blender.

I have to keep reminding myself that he can't harm me anymore.

But you never know.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just watched Ratatouille with my sister. I haven't seen that move since it came out in theaters. Just like most Pixar movies I loved it even more as an adult then I did as a kid.

Gotta love goofy kid films that have deep messages about the human condition.

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860

I can't believe there's actually a shot of the Gatekeeper knocking Marth out of first place. :upsidedown:

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

I can't believe there's actually a shot of the Gatekeeper knocking Marth out of first place. :upsidedown:
At least now we know who will be our second Three Houses representative in Smash.

Also, nice to see male Robin and Byleth so high. Maybe people will stop acting like only their female counterparts are popular now (probably not).

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I'm not gonna count DragonBall as a whole since their canon storylines are based on...but more importantly the adventures continued in other series within the world

I'm mainly meaning one show that does not have a continuation of the heroes and their adventures
So its as Manga so it doesent Count! Right?

Also im talking about the finalies of the 23rd Tournament arc the Cell arc and the Buu Arc!
Which are all part of DRAGONBALL (z was just a marketing Desicion)

Of course neither Gt nor Super Count they are diffrent shows!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
GREETINGS PROFESSOR

SOMETHING TO REPORT

So its as Manga so it doesent Count! Right?

Also im talking about the finalies of the 23rd Tournament arc the Cell arc and the Buu Arc!
Which are all part of DRAGONBALL (z was just a marketing Desicion)

Of course neither Gt nor Super Count they are diffrent shows!
yeah, but unlike what I’m talking about, DBZ was stopped then continued once more. The show that I’m acknowledging started and finished in one go...yet managed to have 4 finales without a singular cancellation or production stoppage. A 1 and Dunn
gun

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
GREETINGS PROFESSOR

SOMETHING TO REPORT

yeah, but unlike what I’m talking about, DBZ was stopped then continued once more. The show that I’m acknowledging started and finished in one go...yet managed to have 4 finales without a singular cancellation or production stoppage. A 1 and Dunn

gun
The lack of Roy love has done me a great concern.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom