• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I spent the entire morning watching this video.

Also, mini rant coming: I just have to say I'm just not happy with how Sonic Team has been handling the characters as a whole. Forces in particular is the worst, but many of these issues were problems heading into it to begin with.

Tails has gone backwards on his development for the most part as Adventure tried to give him some autonomy from Sonic and grow up, but with Forces they had him fall back into being completely dependent on him to the point that he was mocked ruthlessly for the Chaos Zero (who mind you, he beat up Chaos Four no problem before his development). Amy and Shadow have a similar issues where their development led to them being independent and free of their past respectively to having their crush go overboard or falling into the worst of their archetype. Knuckles lost his main role as the protector of the Master Emerald, and with that important piece of the character downplayed he often falls into the gullible dumb muscle archetype, and the rest of the cast isn't given enough time or opportunity to shine since the focus is often far away from them. The only character that has been handled well is Eggman, and even then you can pick at some things.

The newer characters have also not been much better. We've talked about the Deadly Six multiple times, but Infinite is another example of just how much the ball was dropped. I'm not going to say the character had the best start since even when he was first introduced people were calling him an edgelord, but even so there were still people interested in him and seeing how his character would be handled, and then we get the game and the DLC and what happens? In the main game he's just a jerk that gets tossed out with little fanfare while the DLC botched his backstory to a point that he gets mocked for how poorly it was conveyed. It says a lot when the IDW preview comic is seen as the best part of the character, and it had far less time to work with for him.

And really, that's the big issue right now: For as beloved as these characters are, most of the heavy lifting has been done by other Sonic media rather then the main team. Sonic Boom? Gave us a show with some fun moments and interactions between the main four and Eggman (and Vector for his one episode). The IDW comics? Gives us solid interpretations of all the characters and fun plotlines. Even the movie gave us a good Sonic and Eggman. For some reason Sonic Team is just struggling to find a way to use these characters. It may be because they're skittish after the backlash they've gotten over the years for "Sonic's annoying friends", but instead of making better use of them they'd rather just downplay them or devolve them into their most basic selves. These characters can be good, it's just a matter of getting someone who can handle these characters and give them a plotline and interactions that makes the most of them.

It's a good start.
All of this stems from classic Sonic fans back in the 2000's hating every game Sega did for having multiple playable characters. Not even anything else about the game, just the fact that it had multiple playable characters, so Sega got too afraid to actually use the other characters.

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
All these game breaking bugs, and it's still gonna win GOTY this year
For shame, The Game Awards don't just glorify trashy gaming industry practises while being heavily biased towards Western games in particular! They have integrity, like here when opens book uh oh flips page oh no frantically flips more pages nonononono

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
For shame, The Game Awards don't just glorify trashy gaming industry practises while being heavily biased towards Western games in particular! They have integrity, like here when opens book uh oh flips page oh no frantically flips more pages nonononono
I've had that scenario happen quite a lot lmao

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
And the award for best Studio goes to studio that crunched their employees beyond belief

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
And the award for best Studio goes to studio that crunched their employees beyond belief
Best Direction goes to godawful crunch and multiple tales of exploitation and harassing employees! Best family game has all 5 contenders be games of the same category! Best OST goes to licensed songs and crappy 4 fingered guitar! Best VA only goes to western games with 3 of the 5 being the same game! But Dorito Pope is a haha ecks dee funny man, so it's all good

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Best Direction goes to godawful crunch and multiple tales of exploitation and harassing employees! Best family game has all 5 contenders be games of the same category! Best OST goes to licensed songs and crappy 4 fingered guitar! Best VA only goes to western games with 3 of the 5 being the same game! But Dorito Pope is a haha ecks dee funny man, so it's all good
Oh wow, an indie game is there in all the awards. What's this? Payed vacations and mandatory time off? Wow, cool!

Anyway, best studio goes to Naughty Dog.

TimeJ

Smash Cadet
All I'm saying is that Kojima's playlist is really good

WeirdChillFever

Smash Hero
The lack of Roy love has done me a great concern.
Roy actually won the first year this poll was held, so he, along with the other winners over the years, have been removed from the poll.

Winners so far:
Year 1: Roy, Lucina, Ike, Lyn
Year 2: Celica, Hector, Ephraim, Veronica (FEH OC)
Year 3: Alm, Eliwood, Micaiah, Camilla
Year 4: Lysithea, Dimitri, Edelgard, Claude

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
What is up with American Culture and the obsession with having babies?
For starters, it's part of enforcing heteronormative relationships, second, it's about control as it means that the women are supposed to be babymakers, which also conflicts against abortion and all. Finally, there's a huge eugenics factor into it for 'superior genes of our glorious master race' and that

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
For starters, it's part of enforcing heteronormative relationships, second, it's about control as it means that the women are supposed to be babymakers, which also conflicts against abortion and all. Finally, there's a huge eugenics factor into it for 'superior genes of our glorious master race' and that
True, but like, this culture is trying to push womens rights and stuff, as well as a big push for people to practice safe sex and take their time until they're ready, and then they turn around and get mad when there's not much children being born.

Like, you can't have cake and eat it too.

In fact, I just saw an article complaining that people weren't having kids in the pandemic like ???

osby

Smash Obsessed
True, but like, this culture is trying to push womens rights and stuff, as well as a big push for people to practice safe sex and take their time until they're ready, and then they turn around and get mad when there's not much children being born.

Like, you can't have cake and eat it too.

In fact, I just saw an article complaining that people weren't having kids in the pandemic like ???
I feel like those two movements are lead by very different mindsets.

Ivander

Smash Legend
At least now we know who will be our second Three Houses representative in Smash.

Also, nice to see male Robin and Byleth so high. Maybe people will stop acting like only their female counterparts are popular now (probably not).
looks at Corrin
TawVIL0.png

Roy won the first one, so he can't be voted again.

D

Deleted member

I'm currently watching 101 Dalmatians as apparently It is the 60th anniversary of the movie. Worth to note that I'm watching It on American Spanish as I like to watch old Disney movies with that dub as that was how Disney movies were released in Spain back then and has a lot of charm.

It is a fun movie, and I forgot how hilarious and great the Cruella De Vile song was in american spanish, as most Disney songs in said dubs.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
For his neutral special...
I wouldn't mind Akechi being a fighter in Smash down the road if all he did was gun (but after Makoto "the best girl" Niijima gets in to destroy them all)
Roy probably wishing he could win another one

BOI
CP77...most anticipated game of 2020...y'all should've been hyped for Spongebob
you two reminding me of how perfect the 2017 Game Awards was...thanks Nintendo Switch mostly
Roy actually won the first year this poll was held, so he, along with the other winners over the years, have been removed from the poll.

Winners so far:
2021 really could end up being Marth, Eirika, Fyleth...and the GOAT Gatekeeper-Kun...Chrom gets blocked once more

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
At least now we know who will be our second Three Houses representative in Smash.

Also, nice to see male Robin and Byleth so high. Maybe people will stop acting like only their female counterparts are popular now (probably not).
I've always considered Male Robin/Mobin as the more popular Robin compared to Female Robin/Fobin

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Same. I didn't think the female one was as popular.

Now Corrin on the other hand
Forrin out here being in the top 10 while Morrin...rip...wherever the hell he ended up being.

and I suppose the anger/savagery of Fobin made people love her enough to reach an even status with her male counterpart

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
For lunch attempted to put avocado into my eggs like how my dad does it at times. Didn't go as I expected...

I had actual green eggs with toast. Closest to green eggs and ham!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, I woke up this morning for entirely the wrong class, which is much, much later in the day. What a way to start off the semester.

How are y’all doing?
Much better than Wednesday and Thursday that's for sure.

Overall just chilling. Despite it being cold, gonna get around to playing with and walking the dogs soon as to help with my mentality.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870

Winners so far:
This is helpful; thx

D

Deleted member

Just finished watching the original 101 Dalmatians movie.

There was a lot of stuff I liked (such as the music and the dynamics between characters), a few stuff which shows the age of the movie and a lot of entertaining moments.

While Cruella De Vile still isn't in my list of 10 biggest Disney villains, she does still show a lot of danger and tension in the movie, with her insane obsession of wanting to literally murder puppies for her clothing (I was genuiely impressed to see a movie made in mind for kids dropping conversations between the antagonists about how they would smash the heads, rip apart or even beat up the puppies, not many movies of the style would go that far with the villains).

The animation can also get really charming. The highlights for me were the scene where all the Dogs of London communicate towards each other and the final runaway scene from Cruella De Vile.

And the American spanish dub is as classic as an american spanish Disney dub gets: really memorable voices, intensenly catchy and great songs and a lot of well pacing. These dubs never dissapoint.

All in all, I had a good time with the movie despiste a few of the aged elements It has. I can see why people back in the day really enjoyed the movie and It is absolutely one of Disney's classics.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Just finished watching the original 101 Dalmatians movie.

There was a lot of stuff I liked (such as the music and the dynamics between characters), a few stuff which shows the age of the movie and a lot of entertaining moments.

While Cruella De Vile still isn't in my list of 10 biggest Disney villains, she does still show a lot of danger and tension in the movie, with her insane obsession of wanting to literally murder puppies for her clothing (I was genuiely impressed to see a movie made in mind for kids dropping conversations between the antagonists about how they would smash the heads, rip apart or even beat up the puppies, not many movies of the style would go that far with the villains).

The animation can also get really charming. The highlights for me were the scene where all the Dogs of London communicate towards each other and the final runaway scene from Cruella De Vile.

And the American spanish dub is as classic as an american spanish Disney dub gets: really memorable voices, intensenly catchy and great songs and a lot of well pacing. These dubs never dissapoint.

All in all, I had a good time with the movie despiste a few of the aged elements It has. I can see why people back in the day really enjoyed the movie and It is absolutely one of Disney's classics.
I probably will need to watch the animated version of 101 Dalmations as I had watched the live action version a long time ago when Glenn Close was Cruella de Vil. I'm eager to see how well Emma Stone handles the role of Cruella when her live action adaption hopefully comes out this year.

Anyways, I recently found this whilst browsing around Reddit and found something rather interesting in regards to WandaVision:

In addition, I predict at the beginning of Episode 4 we'll probably see what really happened between the confrontation of "Geraldine" and Wanda before she was blasted out of Westview.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Yeah I know I shouldn't wish ill on others but these people certainly deserve to catch COVID (Donald Trump and the trump****s notably). See who'll be laughing now and shouldn't come crying when they catch it. I won't feel bad for them.

What they should get for putting others at risk.

Selfish *****. This is really bringing out the worst in humanity.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
You ever feel like you want to talk about something but don't know what?

I should really use my laptop for something other the Internet.

Yeah I know I shouldn't wish ill on others but these people certainly deserve to catch COVID (Donald Trump and the trump****s notably). See who'll be laughing now and shouldn't come crying when they catch it.

What they should get for putting others at risk.

Selfish *****.
I've seen people riot for worse. I'll admit it's understandable for people to feel tired about Covid and stuff (it has really impacted my mental health and combined with my need to go out, has hurt relationships) but then I realise it could be much worse.

It's **** but that's the hand fate has given humanity.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom