• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
So basically... there's a Telegraph Line running through everyone?

I knew that Schoolhouse Rock song wasn't lying to me.
Ah yes Schoolhouse Rock, the source of my very first existential crisis. I never saw the world the same way again after this song.
Existential crises are a lot more fun when they're in the form of cute educational musical numbers.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Zavok is the most basic interpretation of Bowser (big bad fire breathing monster) with nothing of what makes Bowser funny or likable.
Well, Zavok does seem more intelligent than Bowser, but that is about it, and that only does so much.

D

Deleted member

Zavok is the most basic interpretation of Bowser (big bad fire breathing monster) with nothing of what makes Bowser funny or likable.
I think he looks way too ugly personally. At least Bowser looks good, being an anthro fire breathing turtle with a good color palette. But this?
images (12).jpeg

actually hurts my eye looking at it

Last edited by a moderator:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
It's funny to, because Nintendo took a huge risk with Bowser from making him a generic Big Bad Villian to a lovable and goofy yet badass father since Sunshine and Bowser Jr's introduction.

Zavok is what happens when they think Bowser's best portrayal was in Mario 64 where all he did was roar, breathe fire and say generic "You can't stop me!" one liners

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
The Deadly Six are, in my humble opinion, completely unnecessary and pretty much unlikable. Like...None of them really have anything going for them outside of a single overplayed trope defining each one's personality.

Plus, from what I've seen, no one seems to like them. Nobody. They don't even have small niche fanbases: Pretty much everyone universally agrees the Deadly Six are boring. It's one of the few things Sonic fans agree on, lol.

And this is coming from someone who doesn't mind Lost World and liked a good chunk of it. :drshrug:

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I wonder what Sonic Team were thinking when they made Zavok? They sure thought too much on copying Nintendo needlessly there.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I am curious, what would make Zavok more interesting or likable?
The things that made Bowser likable were mostly taken from the RPGs. When it was revealed his tough persona is really a cover up for his insecurities. That kinda thing humanizes a character, makes them more relatable. It doesn’t hurt that he’s frequently very funny whenever he’s given written dialogue.

I wouldn’t give Zavok the same treatment, as he’s a different character. I’ve noticed in the comics that he does seem to care for his team, so maybe if they exaggerated that? What if he acted like a kindly, supportive parental figure with the other Zeti, but a heartless warlord towards Sonic and friends? It’s not only funny, but also humanizing. You wouldn’t have to use this idea exactly, it’s just an example of giving the character more dimension and humor.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Well, I bet if Zavok or the other five had potential, I say anyone other than Sonic Team can make them interesting.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I hate that stuff.

They could’ve at least given her a distinct generic one-note personality trait. Like “the nerd” or “the jock”. Instead her character is defined with what’s in her pants.
I mean, they have to let the audience know that she likes makeup and doing her nails, as she flips her hair and walks out the scene in a provocative pose, because how else is the audience gonna tell that she's a girl?

D

Deleted member

I got the vampire role in coven all any but died n2 -_-

I wanted to make a dio joke

Last edited by a moderator:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Just my own thoughts, honestly. If it were up to me, I'd ditch 'em and just focus on fleshing out more obscure favorites.

Like Honey.

Everybody wins this way.
I’d love to see Honey be used!

Still, I thought I saw at least one person say the Six were better in IDW.

I’d say the way they are is Sonic Team’s fault. They did not seem to know well how to make them good from the start.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Just my own thoughts, honestly. If it were up to me, I'd ditch 'em and just focus on fleshing out more obscure favorites.

Like Honey.

Everybody wins this way.
Definitely wanted to work her into my story mode as well, just trying to figure out some ideas

Will

apustaja
Switch FC
SW-7573-2962-2407
I feel like since SA2 Sonic has always attached to the new characters like a ****ing leech. Sonic Forces broke the straw on the camel's back for me, literal OC and Infinite just made me feel apathetic.

Sonic Team needs to get flushed down, man, I don't think they know what they're doing. :214:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom