• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Kinda late to the party on this but everyone's talked about their PFPs so now's my turn, I guess. This particular pic comes from the boxart for the original Dreamcast version of Skies of Arcadia:
arcadia_DreamcastBrasil.jpeg

Aside from, generally, Skies of Arcadia being epic and cool and awesome and Vyse being one of my favorite SEGA character designs (which is saying a lot), I have this one in particular because this is probably my favorite piece of Skies artwork. The main trio is drawn in what's prolly the best way they've ever been drawn in ofiicial art IMO, the sky in the background looks gorgeous, and it generally just has a really nice kinda comfy aesthetic and choice of colors to it. It's some good ****, yo

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Michael the Spikester Michael the Spikester @JDCabrera Swamp Sensei Swamp Sensei
Nother creature for today...Tomorrow's topic is sandworm, and with time to kill I decided to go ahead a do one today.

Some appropriate music for today's creature:

Why do Nintendo's sandworms have such epic battle themes? Like seriously...Sandworms themselves are a fairly popular creature type featured in other games like Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, Dark Souls and Xenoblade Chronicles X of course in addition to the Zelda and Metroid series...And in movies such as Beeltejuice, Dune, The Hobbit, and of course Tremors.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
I wonder if people would even recognize me anymore me I switched off of Futaba at this point. Feels like an eternity since I had something else for longer than a day or two.
I'd definitely remember you by your username, but it's hard to forget after you just handed me all those pokemon for my National Dex without asking for anything else in return.

Tbh I do feel a strange twinge of guilt over that. As a kid I was taught not to accept free things from friends since that was "taking advantage of them". Not that I had friends.

D

Deleted member

My new year resolution was to stay with my current pfp for as long as possible and stop changing pfps every single week.

Because my life doesn't seem promising in the coming months, I should at least not be a visual headache for everyone else.

SharkLord

Smash Hero
Finally got around to changing my profile picture. Decided on Dana, seeing as Ys VIII was by far my favorite game that I played last year. I was going to change after I finished Ys VIII, but by then I was still vibing with Klonoa and didn't get around to it.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I change my PFP pretty often. Usually whenever I find a cool piece of fan art.

The one I'm using right now is just because I've been in a Sonic mood lately and Arle is adorable, so I went with this. :p

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Just got around to watching the Godzilla Vs. Kong trailer and...

Like, hot damn this movie looks incredible like that’s a good ass trailer. I’m intrigued and excited for the first time in a while.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Well, I surely would not be opposed to it and nice to see that Harada is open to the idea. Honestly, just make the 2d/3d change optional and I'd buy it in a heartbeat. That was my least favorite part of the original.

I'd definitely remember you by your username, but it's hard to forget after you just handed me all those pokemon for my National Dex without asking for anything else in return.

Tbh I do feel a strange twinge of guilt over that. As a kid I was taught not to accept free things from friends since that was "taking advantage of them". Not that I had friends.
It's fine, really. But I totally get you as I used to be the same. It took me a long time to be able to just accept gifts because I always felt like I had to give something in return even if the other person didn't want anything. So yeah, don't sweat it.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Talking about pfps my current one as mentioned last night is the main character from Wonder Egg Priority.

Usually switch mine once a week.

D

Deleted member

Bit late to the pfp talk but I just change it with my mood and with what I think looks cool/interesting :4yoshi:

D

Deleted member

The return to non-covid life is gonna be big.
good, because I for one just want this to be over with.

We’re still a good few months away(and I imagine we’ll still be under minor restrictions for the whole year) but after having to deal with all the pain of last year I’m glad it’s almost over

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
On todays take of Cryptozoologicon. We'll be tackling the Grootslang.

Given the Grootslang and its elephantine appearance, the ears are quite easy to explain as actually being a hood, similar to the kind seen within Cobras. Similarly, the tusk can be explained as being the creature's fangs, which do not fold back into the mouth like most venomous species'In a unique twist of evolution, the Grootslang had developed an extendable upper 'lip' which bears remarkable similarities to the trunks seen within Elephants (albeit, nowhere near as flexible). The Grootslang utilizes this lip to grab and hold onto far larger prey items than most snakes, and even provide a slightly greater reach to most of its strikes.

[Imagine, if you will, a mashup of the two following images]

In the hypothetical world of Cryptozoologicon. The Grootslang is the world's largest, and most unique, member of the Cobra family. Growing between 10 and 20 feet in length, the Grootslang dwarfs its 2nd largest relative, the King Cobra. Like the other members of the Cobra family, the Grootslang is equipped with a pair of fangs. Unlike them, however, they lack venom and are incapable of being retracted. This has left some scientists to theorize they are utilized primarily for display when attracting potential mates, or to ward off those who would approach their lair. Yet the most distinguishing feature of the Grootslang lies within its elongated upper lip, which is believed to have developed in order to provide the large, and consequently slow, animal with greater reach during its strikes. Such an adaptation allows the animal an even greater margin of error when it comes to ambushing any potential meals.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Smash Ultimate question: Can you play on DLC stages in online's quickplay even if you haven't downloaded the DLC? I wouldn't know as I've bought both passes at launch.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Smash Ultimate question: Can you play on DLC stages in online's quickplay even if you haven't downloaded the DLC? I wouldn't know as I've bought both passes at launch.
You can play on stages you don't own on arenas and quickplay already lets you play against characters you don't own so I'd say it's a safe bet that you can

Idon

Smash Legend
NNID
Miyamoto Iori
Switch FC
SW-4826-9581-3305
You wouldn't really be able to find out easily as quickplay only has settings for Final Destination forms, Battlefield forms, Small Battlefield, Random, and Random Hazardless.

There's no way to force qp to pick a DLC stage and it's really just luck.
In arenas you can play on stages you don't own so it's safe to say it's already downloaded onto your Switch, just unable to be accessed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom