• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So after watching again this weeks amazing episode of Laid Back Camp Season 2, just thought I'd post the ED to make a few of you guys relax.

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge @JDCabrera Noipoi Noipoi (don't know if you are an anime fan), Wademan94 Wademan94 and cause he's another anime nerd Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 for something nice to listen to.

Interesting name for the song, Haru no Tonari; Next to Spring. Don't know if it's called that because of the anime taking place in the winter or what.

Still gotta love those smooth vocals, makes you want to go on a journey as well. And have a nice drink as well.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man, in spite of everything going on right now. March is gonna be an awesome month.

We get the next fighter most likely at that point not to mention the release of Godzilla vs. Kong! Hopefully, things start picking up again on that month with the thanks of vaccines.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

If we are gonna talk about awesome months, I so cannot wait for April.

- The World Ends With You: The Animation

- Zombieland Saga Season 2! - By the way, this outside of Laid Back Camp Season 2 is my other most anticipated thing this year.

- Nier Replicant Remake

- New Pokemon Snap

- Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster? Maybe? Please?

- It Takes Two which comes out at the end of March.

Outside of anime, nothing to look forward til then for me except Persona 5 Strikers.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

One thing I'm loving about overDress(yes that's the official spelling) is that the TD...well actually the Start Decks, at least for now, are $4 each. That's pretty cheap and makes getting into the game very easy. No longer am I gonna have to wait 4 weeks of getting my allowance just for one deck.

Last edited by a moderator:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
I see your "You're a kid, you're a squid" and raise you "Hypernova sayonara suckaaaaaaaa"
Okay, as a diehard Kirby fanboy, that actually is extremely awesome. There's nothing quite as energizing as full-on Russian choir about eating your enemies alive by the masses. Might just be me, though, I haven't been watching much commercials since my family mostly streams these days.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Playing some more PMEX Remix and I am very impressed that Brawl modders are able to make characters that debuted in 3DS/Wii U & Ultimate play identically to said games (with a PM flare).

I wonder how easy it is to backport and are there 3DS/Wii U & Ultimate characters that aren't Brawl engine friendly.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Unpopular opinion time: Nothing against Kingdom Hearts or anything but I never understood the popularity it has. It's largely just retelling of Disney stories with the original content it brings, including Sora himself, usually being poorly written notably "Friendship is my power!".

Basically just glorified Disney/Final Fantasy crossover fanfiction in the form of a video game and Sora being an example of a fangirls fanfic gary-stu character.
Not even all the Disney worlds are a retelling of the movies they are based on. Some have wholly original plots and may even act as sequels. They essentially just serve as levels that you visit, solve whatever problems are going on caused by the actual overarching completely original story before moving on to the next world.A bit like chapters in a Paper Mario game.

Don't know what I can say about Sora except most criticism comes from people with hate boners for protagonists that value their friends. Not sure what that says about the fact people being who they are because of others is something to dislike but whatever. Sora very much has to develop throughout the series, undergo training and his most recent attempt to do something that could possibly be considered Gary-stu resulted in severe consequences for him. Also the irony of describing a character who relies on support from as others from fighting opponents to using computers as Mary Sue/Gary Stu is lol.

Also consider the fact that as dense as the story can be for people, they actually enjoy it and like speculating on the twists and turns that come about featuring a mostly original cast. Then the game play is usually very good, with some games arguably having the best combat and boss fights action games and action rpgs have to offer. All of this is then complimented by a stunning soundtrack from Shimomura, some.other comlposers and excellent songs by Utada.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So after watching again this weeks amazing episode of Laid Back Camp Season 2, just thought I'd post the ED to make a few of you guys relax.

Tagging Lamperouge Lamperouge @JDCabrera Noipoi Noipoi (don't know if you are an anime fan), Wademan94 Wademan94 and cause he's another anime nerd Mushroomguy12 Mushroomguy12 for something nice to listen to.

Interesting name for the song, Haru no Tonari; Next to Spring. Don't know if it's called that because of the anime taking place in the winter or what.

Still gotta love those smooth vocals, makes you want to go on a journey as well. And have a nice drink as well.
I'm personally not too big on either of the ending songs but I love the openings, especially the second one. It just makes me feel happy.

D

Deleted member

If we're talking anime openings I have to post this one:
best OP opening IMO: the duality between the cheerful lyrics and the actual imagery is very cool(not to mention the saga this one is in in easily the best OP arc)

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know how there are terms for people who learn better by reading vs doing? There should be a term for people who learn better when the subject been made into an episode of a tv show.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
You know how there are terms for people who learn better by reading vs doing? There should be a term for people who learn better when the subject been made into an episode of a tv show.
Maybe it could be called "learning by watching?" Since you are watching a program that covers what you wish to learn.

Dutch Raikuna

Anime post to be split in two before I go to bed.

Another favourite of mine from Dr Stone that has re-emerged in my mind.

I have criticism about Dr Stone in terms of pacing (something Season 2 has fixed) and feeling a bit lost in it's own plot but holy hell are the OP's amazing. Good Morning World is just amazing and it goes so well with the footage,

Also freaking love Senku as a character.

--------------

Finally figured another type of anime I would watch. Simply put, something like Non Non Biyori or Laid Back Camp but set on a tropical island and with light fantasy elements. Not too cutesy and has a few main male characters though.

Finally clicked in my head again after a while so that I would happily watch.

Dutch Raikuna

Was gonna stay up another hour (it's 3am in Ireland) but well, this is as far as caffeine will allow me.

Oh and forgot to post the ramen I had today which is gonna be a weekly tradition with Laid Back Camp. Seafood flavour was funky.

1611285234906.png

Anyways, Goodnight Smashboards. I shall awake in the morning to do nothing as per the schedule of the next two months cause **** you said Covid and lockdown.

Til tomorrow friends.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Baxter Stockman should be replayed by Phil LaMarr...but a serious Baxter...like the mayor of NYC version IDW has rn
Don't know about you but I would go on to say all originality if not all of it has been used up for a long, long time now.

Execution of how its done is what matters now.
tbf a literal yellow family where a dad chokes his son
If we are gonna talk about awesome months, I so cannot wait for April.

- The World Ends With You: The Animation

- Zombieland Saga Season 2! - By the way, this outside of Laid Back Camp Season 2 is my other most anticipated thing this year.

- Nier Replicant Remake

- New Pokemon Snap

- Mass Effect Trilogy Remaster? Maybe? Please?

- It Takes Two which comes out at the end of March.

Outside of anime, nothing to look forward til then for me except Persona 5 Strikers.
needs more Marvel and DC in your life
most criticism comes from people with hate boners for protagonists that value their friends.
yeah **** friendship
currently thinking about muscular women
how muscular tho?

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Wasn't the latest Dissidia controversial, or something? I know it's Steam reviews are super low...
Online isn’t great. Online in a 3v3 each character is played by a different player online. So you can imagine that doesn’t run well. And the 1v1 gameplay loop just isn’t all that fun. So your best bet is to play offline with 3v3 or a laggy online 3v3. So, yeah that’s the main thing. That’s likely the cause of the review bombing.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom