• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member

So, I got hit by a strike of luck and Crunchyroll had the first episode of Laid-back Camp uploaded onto YouTube.

Really comfy and calm stuff, could see me watching this anime whenever I feel stressed to relax.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
me when i heard about that fifteen dollar minimum wage bidens putting in that covid relief package

View attachment 299638
Doing some quick conversions, that's comparable to what we have in Australia now.

Which begs me to ask why was the US minimum wage so **** before (or well, so **** currently)?

Last edited:

BlondeLombax

Smash Master
There is meme appeal. But for me, I haven't used twitter in ages. It's not the kind of site for me.
I’m scared to hop on Twitter because of the rampant “My opinion is fact, and anybody who disagrees is pure evil and must be cyberbullied to death” phenomenon going on. I’m perfectly fine in smaller circles like this.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Doing some quick conversions, that's comparable to what we have in Australia now.

Which begs me to ask why was the US minimum wage so **** before?
Never adjusted to inflation since the 80s iirc.

Some states did increase it however. In my state of IL, they raised it to $10/hour that will be in effect in July, and will be $15 in 2025. Cali, on the other hand, as it at $12 an hour.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Never adjusted to inflation since the 80s iirc.

Some states did increase it however. In my state of IL, they raised it to $10/hour that will be in effect in July, and will be $15 in 2025. Cali, on the other hand, as it at $12 an hour.
Last time I checked, Min wage over here in KY was $7.25 :drsad:

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I’m scared to hop on Twitter because of the rampant “My opinion is fact, and anybody who disagrees is pure evil and must be cyberbullied to death” phenomenon going on. I’m perfectly fine in smaller circles like this.
Aaaah yes, cancel culture/hive mind jank.

Smaller circles are understandably better. The smaller the circle, the less likely you are to encounter toxic people in droves.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Man these next two months are gonna be slow with everything going on. Hope things get better by March at the least.

Summer is still a long way to go...There will be more to do rather then being cooped out in the house most of the time and doing mostly the same thing everyday.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Minimum wage in PA is 7.25. I live really close to New York, which is 12.50, so that's something. What that something is i don't know, as my train of thought is long gone

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
There is meme appeal. But for me, I haven't used twitter in ages. It's not the kind of site for me.

I also would delete facebook if I didn't use it for work and contacts so frequently.
I use it to check Twitters of content creators I like and to dump my art on there. Otherwise, nah, forget Twitter: Place is a miserable landfill, lol.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Man these next two months are gonna be slow with everything going on. Hope things get better by March at the least.

Summer is still a long way to go...There will be more to do rather then being cooped out in the house most of the time and doing mostly the same thing everyday.
With a supposed new strand of COVID estimated to spike around March, I'm doubtful that the situation will change anytime soon.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Im gonna move my posts to the unhappy thread there. Honestly I shouldn't put my issues I'm going through on you guys here and for that I'm sorry.

Last edited:

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I finally had an opportunity to watch Zootropolis (which is called Zootopia in the US) on Disney+. Having seen the film for the first time, I admit I'm really impressed mainly because of how well done the plot was done plus Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps had shown great character development as the film progressed.

I'm pretty much looking forward to seeing their spinoff shows on Disney+.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
I'm proud of you man. Come and join Secret Society BLANKET!

Wait, you watch Laid Back Camp too?

Chiaki is one of my favorites.
Probably the third best character behind my favourite duo. And she becomes pretty funny in Season 2.

So, I got hit by a strike of luck and Crunchyroll had the first episode of Laid-back Camp uploaded onto YouTube.

Really comfy and calm stuff, could see me watching this anime whenever I feel stressed to relax.
Pretty much why I would recommend it to anyone, it's an anime literally meant to relax you. Plus you get to see some great characters. nice food and locales not to mention the great music.

Would recommend that kind of anime to anyone.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
I finally had an opportunity to watch Zootropolis (which is called Zootopia in the US) on Disney+. Having seen the film for the first time, I admit I'm really impressed mainly because of how well done the plot was done plus Nick Wilde and Judy Hopps had shown great character development as the film progressed.

Nick is my favorite character from the film. I love his growth throughout the story and the complexity of him.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Surprised they havent done a CSI style series yet on that. Feel that has potential.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble

Dutch Raikuna

My siblings a year ago: "You'd only want to go Japan for the maid cafes and games." Bloody hell, eight months since that fight.

Me who has watched stuff like Laid Back Camp and nature documentaries in Japan:
1610924899635.png

No I just want to lie in a big ass field with a view of Mt Fuji and watch the world go by. That's my version of being relaxed.

Same with other people, there's certain terrain you'll never be in like desert or the ice caps or rainforest or even see the sea. I'm pretty fortunate to have been able to see the Atlantic from both sides, been in a swampland yet also peat bogs and been in hot and dry weather not to mention of course, I've seen some great coastal views barely 15 minutes away from my house so I'm glad.

Yet a view like the one in the pic? Really hope one day I get to see something like that. A reminder that hopefully the state I'm in will be a distant memory one day.

Being pretty reflective at the minute but I guess that's what geography does to you.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
Found a desert village in minecraft. Built it up. For some reason the villagers wouldn't reproduce and didn't even have an iron golem. Zombies eventually wiped them all out. So I used creative mode and used eggs. Suddenly they are thriving.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Guys, Bayo 3 might actually exist!
Hopefully we get something concrete (gameplay footage? A trailer? A screenshot?), but at this point, I'm fully expecting them to say "we're still working on it. Look forward to another update in 2022!" (I feel like they announced it way too early - I realize that the coronavirus threw a monkey wrench into things, but it's been over three years since we found out that Bayonetta 3's coming out and since then, we've heard nothing)

D

Deleted member

I feel tomorrow I'm skipping class and instead going for a walk to lose some weight.

Getting away from the classes and taking most of my time by doing stuff I like or checking on people who I care about has done me great in recovering mental health and the only thing which has been getting on my nerves recently have been my stalker and the constant arguments I am having with my father and aunt over wanting to drop out of college for a time.

Just muted every college class WhatsApp chat I have and all, so I don't have to be bothered by constant notifications.

Dutch Raikuna

Trying to think of anything else to say but got nothing except one thing.

Got Gravity Rush 1 and 2 as well as Red Dead Redemption 2 downloading overnight. First two won my next game list and just gonna play Red Dead just to mess around. Just love brawling in that game.

And by the way, Red Dead 2 is a thousand times better than GTA V to me.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Hmm....I'm seeing a couple of "Citizens to defend Spidey" and "I believe Mysterio" posters on the set:

from eveything going on, I'm getting a real Spectacular Spider-Man type of feel. Has identiy exposed and nobody is really sure whether to believe it or not (close connections aside), until a couple coincidental miracles occur to get the public off his back. Tho Strange wiping out the memories is still the top option. Peter is gonna have quite the pain this go around.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The Pikachu sub-forums are kinda dead, so anyone here got any tips for playing Pikachu in Ultimate?

I can pull off combos without much trouble, but I struggle with landing and even setting up finishers.

Hat N' Clogs

John Tavares is a Leaf
3DS FC
1650-2469-6836
Switch FC
SW-3519-9567-9870
The Pikachu sub-forums are kinda dead, so anyone here got any tips for playing Pikachu in Ultimate?

I can pull off combos without much trouble, but I struggle with landing and even setting up finishers.
Have you gone through the tutorials you've seen on youtube? How about joining the Pikachu Ult discord and asking around?

To improve on my characters (notably PM/P+ Ness at the moment), I listen to advice from top players in character discords to help with strategy and improvement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom