• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Turns out Nintendo just took down 379 different games on Gamejolt.

Wow.
Real talk, unless it's art, music, or transformative YT content, I think people are probably just better off not making stuff with Nintendo IP. They're too finnicky and wishy-washy with the protection of their own IP that it's never super clear what they are and are not okay with.

And even then, who knows how long fan art, music, and YT videos will stay safe: They're honest to goodness slowly regressing to the bad place they were with community content back around 2015.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Me: "Man this sucked it took an hour for me to get Discord working properly, nothing could be worse right now."

My American friends who live in a country where terrorists are trying to attempt a ****ing coup while the Defence Department refused to do anything for half an hour only to send a measily 200 men when what's supposed to be the most secure building in the country is being raided by armed terrorists: "Damn girl that sucks"

D

Deleted member

Me: "Man this sucked it took an hour for me to get Discord working properly, nothing could be worse right now."

My American friends who live in a country where terrorists are trying to attempt a ****ing coup while the Defence Department refused to do anything for half an hour only to send a measily 200 men when what's supposed to be the most secure building in the country is being raided by armed terrorists: "Damn girl that sucks"
That's a deep mood.

Whenever I see any of my internet friends having to deal with deep serious stuff like that I feel kinda guilty for not being able to be of complete help with that due to distance.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
That's a deep mood.

Whenever I see any of my internet friends having to deal with deep serious stuff like that I feel kinda guilty for not being able to be of complete help with that due to distance.
A struggle I know all too well, similar to the struggles of accepting that just because others have it worse doesn't mean I don't have any reason to be stressed

Kirby Dragons

Smash Hero
Here is my plan of shows to watch so far:
  • WandaVision (when it comes to Disney+ on the 15th January.)
  • The remaining episodes of Season 7 of the Agents of SHIELD.
WandaVision is one of those shows I want to watch, but don't have the streaming service for. I'll probably be able to get some of the services for myself though. I'll just have to decide which ones.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Hmph! As if they’ll be successful at doing that!
I mean, the police and military are showing an awful lot of restraint, especially compared to peaceful protests last year, there's genuine concern as again, the most secure place in the country, is very unwilling to actually handle this as they're supposed to

D

Deleted member

I mean, the police and military are showing an awful lot of restraint, especially compared to peaceful protests last year, there's genuine concern as again, the most secure place in the country, is very unwilling to actually handle this as they're supposed to
I mean would you randomly fire into a crowd that in all likelihood has lots of guns? These are Trump supporters we’re talking about, the odds that a single individual is armed is probably vastly higher than most other groups.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
I mean would you randomly fire into a crowd that in all likelihood has lots of guns? These are Trump supporters we’re talking about, the odds that a single individual is armed is probably vastly higher than most other groups.
My friends who've been in Washington all tell me that if you get even remotely close that they threaten you ASAP yet these terrorists aren't even being attacked with tear gas, meant to deal with such crowds. They knew they would risk armed terrorists when signing up for the job to protect the ****ing leader of the country, no excuse for slacking off

D

Deleted member

My friends who've been in Washington all tell me that if you get even remotely close that they threaten you ASAP yet these terrorists aren't even being attacked with tear gas, meant to deal with such crowds. They knew they would risk armed terrorists when signing up for the job to protect the ****ing leader of the country, no excuse for slacking off
Again, I imagine their goal here is to de-escalete the situation. If this turns into a shoot-off then doing their jobs becomes that much harder.

All of the senators and workers who were there at the meeting have been evacuated anyway, the guards need to simply prevent them from reaching them. Damage to the building can be fixed, a senator, not so much.

Last edited by a moderator:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Don't worry, RotN becomes really easy once you start getting more abilities and weapons to play around with.
Good to know. This is also my first Metroidvania game so I'm also a noob at playing.

Currently on this boss with a fire sword. Might go back to grab plenty of potions in order to win.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Again, I imagine their goal here is to de-escalete the situation. If this turns into a shoot-off then controlling the mob becomes that much harder.

All of the senators and workers who were there at the meeting have been evacuated anyway, the guards need to simply prevent them from reaching them. Damage to the building can be fixed, a senator, not so much.
Idk man this doesn't look like de-escalating to me, de-escalating doesn't mean letting them inside the gates
There was a problem fetching the tweet

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
after this post is released to the public and someone else comments, I will ask a legit Persona 5 question related to Ann Takamaki
I mean Peter Parker is still the Spiderman (luckily Marvel knows that they need Peter) But the Chances were 50:50 because two new Games (or Game+Dlc)
But thinking about it Normal Miles(in the Comics) is pretty Boring but luckily he is more interesting in Spiderverse/Ps4
Miles actually got improved on in the comics...all it took was for black writers to write him so that he wasn’t stuck being another Peter Parker (that and they were influenced by his Spider-Verse iteration). Both normal and weird how some characters are better worked on by people of the same race or gender instead of just Caucasians (ones who don’t do research or whatever the Internet may assume at the least).

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Idk man this doesn't look like de-escalating to me, de-escalating doesn't mean letting them inside the gates
I'm so glad I don't live in America...Canada **** yeah!

P.S.: Not saying all Americans are like this just to make things clear.

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
One of my favorite animes of all time. Glad to see a fellow fan!
Aw I could talk about it for days as it is so good. Literally every episode made me cry, the music and animation is phenomenal, characters and story. Was my second favourite anime of all time behind Kino's Journey until Re: Zero took it's place after about 32 episodes.

Should rewatch it in the future. It's been two years.

Seeing those scenes reminds me of why I'm kinda glad I am where I live and if we don't like being part of the UK. we just switch to another country if there is a vote allowed. Still hate Boris and his cronies for screwing over my home, seeing empty supermarket shelves because of Brexit already.

Still can't believe it though. Us Europeans are just mind boggled at it all.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
after this post is released to the public and someone else comments, I will ask a legit Persona 5 question related to Ann Takamaki

Miles actually got improved on in the comics...all it took was for black writers to write him so that he wasn’t stuck being another Peter Parker (that and they were influenced by his Spider-Verse iteration). Both normal and weird how some characters are better worked on by people of the same race or gender instead of just Caucasians (ones who don’t do research or whatever the Internet may assume at the least).
Him being more Black in behavior doesnt automaticly make him better (look at Dragon Ball Youtubers most of the good onnes are White [Is maybe just a coincidence] )
Also i think its Weird how (white) is a Race White People look Really diverse and Techinicly Ginger, Blondes, Brown/blue eyes me should be their own Races

dezeray112

Smash Hero
Well, the production of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness which is currently filming in London, in the United Kingdom is being halted due to the rising cases of Covid-19 according to Elizabeth Olsen.

I predict that more films which are due to release within the coming months (and perhaps) will probably be heading on to a streaming service pending if the pandemic still exists. Entertainment venues such as cinemas still remain closed as it is a non-essential here throughout the United Kingdom and I don't see them open anytime soon.

Whilst HBO Max is not available in the UK, I am more likely to get Raya & the Last Dragon on Disney+ Premier Access as I don't have much of a choice if the situation remains this way. I wouldn't be surprised if Black Widow and any other of the 2021 films will go to streaming.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
User was warned for this post
Funny that we Germans have better Police and More Safety seems incombatible (not)
Yeah if your Police had a better Reception they could actually intefere with Terrorists Like the Trump Supporters or The
Black lives Matter Idiots If your one of the nice BLM People i will call you All lives Matter Saying Black lives Matter sorta semms Weird im Asperger and not included in thaT sentence even Though I probably deserve more Minority Points Than Black People or WOMEN!

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Well, the production of Dr. Strange in the Multiverse of Madness which is currently filming in London, in the United Kingdom is being halted due to the rising cases of Covid-19 according to Elizabeth Olsen.

I predict that more films which are due to release within the coming months (and perhaps) will probably be heading on to a streaming service pending if the pandemic still exists. Entertainment venues such as cinemas still remain closed as it is a non-essential here throughout the United Kingdom and I don't see them open anytime soon.

Whilst HBO Max is not available in the UK, I am more likely to get Raya & the Last Dragon on Disney+ Premier Access as I don't have much of a choice if the situation remains this way. I wouldn't be surprised if Black Widow and any other of the 2021 films will go to streaming.
Let's hope all the vaccines go as expected. The sooner things can get back to normal.

Hope everyone around the world continues to stay safe until then including you guys my fellow SmashBoarders.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Funny that we Germans have better Police and More Safety seems incombatible (not)
Yeah if your Police had a better Reception they could actually intefere with Terrorists Like the Trump Supporters or The
Black lives Matter Idiots If your one of the nice BLM People i will call you All lives Matter Saying Black lives Matter sorta semms Weird im Asperger and not included in thaT sentence even Though I probably deserve more Minority Points Than Black People or WOMEN!
You’re kidding around, right? Like on the minority points and other things?

D

Deleted member

I feel mentally drained just from following all this news, think I’m gonna just sign off and wait it out until it’s all over

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Tfw you hear about a series called Baten Kaitos and start getting curious about it... But then you find out It seems to be Gamecube exclusive.

I wish Gamecube games weren't so rare where I live.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
You’re kidding around, right? Like on the minority points and other things?
Sorta im just fed up with Blm-Terrorists being Called Heroes when they Burn Down Random Buildings of Nice People
But really why do so many People in 2020 care more about Skin color or Sex than me being regarded as Wrong and Broken being Autistic is Basicly Live in Hard Mode and no one seems to Care (i mean i still get help by the state i still am Hated by Most People i know even when im Nice)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom