• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
My view is simple and I understand about the glasses.

If someone with something like Autism can wear one, then anyone can.

If you have a medical reason to not wear one, then you shouldn't be outside.
I wear a C-Mask every Time im in a Building (tho i may take it of for 1-3secs to breathe if im longer inside >15/30mins) and during Daytime in Mask restriteced Areas but not if only like 3 People are in 200 m Arround me!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Tobey Maguire, Andrew Garfield, and Tom Holland are not the best Spider-Man...Josh Keaton is

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I wear a mask in public. I have to at work. I wore a mask before it was mandatory and remember the people that obsessively scared to go without a mask were making fun of people that wear masks.

My main problem, however, is the sheeple that only wear a mask because authorities told them to. There are so many people that just go along with whatever authorities say without question.

Especially if those authority aren't following what they say. Authority should lead by example. Not view their leadership as control over dirty peasants. If they tell people that they shouldn't have thanksgiving with a large family, they shouldn't be gathering with 3 generations in their house. They aren't above the law.

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Believe me.

My past times at the Newcomer/DLC speculation thread where everyone genuiely ignored all my well thought-out posts about possible DLC but only cared about my existence when I posted something funny really opened my mind.

People secretly think I'm a dumbass and know nothing about anything.
As a regular of the newcomer thread, I can safely say about half of the thread cares less about respectful, well thought-out speculation and more about whoever drops snarky one-liners that **** on the character or fanbase the thread's "cool kids" have collectively agreed is bad and stinky and then proceeds to be hailed as a Respectable Community MemberTM

Most of my favorite people on this site I met in that thread, but it's also got a whole lot of dinguses. So don't beat yourself up over it.

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
Yeah, just today while I was doing some shores I saw two adult persons without masks and even smoking.

What I do during these times, is to spend as much time at home as possible and only go out when I really need It.

Not just because of these assholes, but because at the moment It is a moment in my island where a lot of people normally pass by the streets.

It may not be ideal, but It is the best meassure I can take with so many people being that against taking consideration for others.
It's the same for me, and while I can handle it a little better because I am an introvert, doesn't mean that I don't miss going out but I know it's not prudent in any way to go out when I don't really need to like to go get groceries, medicine or whatever is needed in the house. And even if I go out to accompany a family member, we all take the necessary measures and we try to make things go quickly as possible.

:/ Seriously, keep taking a lot of care, I wish all of my friends and family to be safe, and the end of 2020 to 2021 won't be ANY different until all people that are assholes get their **** together and start following the current set of rules.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

the fact there's like always 30-50 people watching that thread is really unnerving?
Because Creepy Eye Decadron
... I got the creepy part but I'd say that joke fell pretty flat. there's not really a punchline

Last edited by a moderator:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Batman and Robin is the greatest live action Batman film that involved Batgirl in history

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My main problem, however, is the sheeple that only wear a mask because authorities told them to. There are so many people that just go along with whatever authorities say without question.
I value independent thought as much as the next guy but as long as people are wearing masks does it really matter why they're doing it? Just as long as the end result is that it slows the spread of Covid.
Especially if those authority aren't following what they say. Authority should lead by example. Not view their leadership as control over dirty peasants. If they tell people that they shouldn't have thanksgiving with a large family, they shouldn't be gathering with 3 generations in their house. They aren't above the law.
Well, yeah. Authorities should follow their own rules, especially important ones like wearing mask or avoiding large gatherings. Some politicians are worse about this then others. However just because they're being stupid hypocrites doesn't give anyone else a pass to. Wearing a mask is just the right thing to do right now and as long as people are doing it, I won't question or look down on their reasons.

PsychoIncarnate

The Eternal Will of the Swarm
NNID
PsychoIncarnate
3DS FC
4554-0155-5885
I value independent thought as much as the next guy but as long as people are wearing masks does it really matter why they're doing it? Just as long as the end result is that it slows the spread of Covid.
Well, yeah. Authorities should follow their own rules, especially important ones like wearing mask or avoiding large gatherings. Some politicians are worse about this then others. However just because they're being stupid hypocrites doesn't give anyone else a pass to. Wearing a mask is just the right thing to do right now and as long as people are doing it, I won't question or look down on their reasons.
Dictators always gain power through crisis. Give an authorian government an inch, not only will they never give it up, they'll demand more. There will always be more reason for them to say the crisis continues. Another strain, or as in 1984 "the war between oceania and eurasia".

I think in the future well have to remind the elite that the government serves the people. The people don't serve the government.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Shower thought.

Isn't it funny how we could probably blame Watch Dogs for all the "this may not represent the final product" text in game trailers now?

Man that was a crazy time seeing that uproar. Shame as I actually liked the game somewhat.

KillerCage

Smash Master
In other news. I just finished playing Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night like a half-hour ago.

I'm loving the game. Miriam is such a beauty, I found another waifu!

Gonna have to check if the Nintendo eShop has the original Castlevania games. If I enjoyed this game, I certainly will enjoy the games that probably inspired this.
There's is the Castlevania Collection that has the three NES titles, the first two Game Boy titles, Super Castlevania 4, Bloodines, and the NES version of Kid Dracula which was never localized until its inclusion in the collection.

AndreaAC

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
I don't know I find it quite amusing seeing the dancing Eggman in your signature while I was listening to this:
Obviously, it was DESTINY that you listen to this music while seeing my funky Eggman sprite I made some years ago.

That, and Eggman can dance quite well when he want to.

So it all check out.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Noticed I got the wrong plugin for Paint.net as it doesn't have the exact feature as I had on my previous laptop.

Gotta fix dat.

AndreaAC

Obviously, it was DESTINY that you listen to this music while seeing my funky Eggman sprite I made some years ago.

That, and Eggman can dance quite well when he want to.

So it all check out.
:joyful: Oh my God, this one also goes so well with the freaking music! Eggman is quite something, he might not be my favorite videogame villain but he's so funny that I cannot help but to like him!

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
:joyful: Oh my God, this one also goes so well with the freaking music! Eggman is quite something, he might not be my favorite videogame villain but he's so funny that I cannot help but to like him!
Indeed, Eggman is just a very fun vilain all around, yet that doesn't stop him to be threatening on occassion, he is a very flexible character you could say.

He is one of my favourite vilains that's for sure, and hey, if the stars cross juuuuuuuuuust right, maybe he be a DLC character for Ultimate??? Not very likely, but I be cool being proven wrong here.

AndreaAC

Indeed, Eggman is just a very fun vilain all around, yet that doesn't stop him to be threatening on occassion, he is a very flexible character you could say.
xD I feel like this is why I if I had to say, I like him more than Bowser. While Bowser can be pretty funny too, I think there are times I cannot take him seriously at any point...but with Eggman, I can quite do that while still enjoying his hilarious personality. Also, after seeing the end of Sonic X, and hearing him try to talk sense into Tails made me appreciate him more.

He is one of my favourite vilains that's for sure, and hey, if the stars cross juuuuuuuuuust right, maybe he be a DLC character for Ultimate??? Not very likely, but I be cool being proven wrong here.
I might not care about Smash anymore, but, eh, I guess he would be pretty fun! I am already imagining him running at top speed like this:

x'P Classic Eggman should be an alt.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
xD I feel like this is why I if I had to say, I like him more than Bowser. While Bowser can be pretty funny too, I think there are times I cannot take him seriously at any point...but with Eggman, I can quite do that while still enjoying his hilarious personality. Also, after seeing the end of Sonic X, and hearing him try to talk sense into Tails made me appreciate him more.

I might not care about Smash anymore, but, eh, I guess he would be pretty fun! I am already imagining him running at top speed like this:

x'P Classic Eggman should be an alt.
Bowser can vary alot more I agree, but some games make him quite threatening, like Dream Team or Galaxy 1.

Eggman does have less of this image of being cool with his archenemesis tho, that's for sure, but both are still quite likeable and you bet your coins & rings that I love to see them interact whenever it happen in official product or not.

For Smash, I'm not sure what moveset he would have, since there's alot you could do with him, but it be definitly cool if he had a classic alt, if it doesn't cause too much problems for the dev team. (since it's getting smaller & smaller as time passes by apparantly)

That, and it would make this video canon, which is a plus imo.
The biggest baddies of all video games playable in 1 game, that print money for sure.

AndreaAC

Bowser can vary alot more I agree, but some games make him quite threatening, like Dream Team or Galaxy 1.

Eggman does have less of this image of being cool with his archenemesis tho, that's for sure, but both are still quite likeable and you bet your coins & rings that I love to see them interact whenever it happen in official product or not.

For Smash, I'm not sure what moveset he would have, since there's alot you could do with him, but it be definitly cool if he had a classic alt, if it doesn't cause too much problems for the dev team. (since it's getting smaller & smaller as time passes by apparantly)

That, and it would make this video canon, which is a plus imo.
The biggest baddies of all video games playable in 1 game, that print money for sure.
...What the heck was that video and why does Bowser look so weird? x'D

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I wish Minecraft had the same quality mods as Terraria.
There's a lot of quality Minecraft mods imo, such as Quark, Tinkers Construct, Buildcraft, etc. (a lot are unfortunately outdated now, but there's still a lot for the latest version including Quark), unless you mean mods that add more bosses and stuff, in which case yeah it seems to lack those. Aether and OreSpawn add cool stuff though (OreSpawn feels random though tbh but still fun even if some of the stuff you can get is very overpowered).

Thaumcraft is also cool; Metamorph, Chisels and Bits, Origins, Industrial Craft, OpenBlocks, Biomes O' Plenty, Biomes You'll Go, Applied Energistics 2, ProjectE, Extra Utilities, Galacticraft, Portal Gun, Double Slabs, Ender Storage, Spider Queen...

Man, I wish Zipline was still around, it was never updated beyond Minecraft 1.2.5 or so. I think that was a good quality mod; nice, simple and fits vanilla somewhat. You Are The Creeper and some other "you are the mob" mods, too...wish there was a Creeper player model mod even if it doesn't have YATC's features...

Last edited:

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
There's a lot of quality Minecraft mods imo, such as Quark, Tinkers Construct, Buildcraft, etc. (a lot are unfortunately outdated now, but there's still a lot for the latest version including Quark), unless you mean mods that add more bosses and stuff, in which case yeah it seems to lack those. Aether and OreSpawn add cool stuff though (OreSpawn feels random though tbh but still fun even if some of the stuff you can get is very overpowered).

Thaumcraft is also cool; Metamorph, Chisels & Bits, Origins, Industrial Craft, OpenBlocks, Biomes O' Plenty, Biomes You'll Go, Applied Energistics 2, ProjectE, Galacticraft, Portal Gun, Double Slabs, Spider Queen...

Man, I wish Zipline was still around, it was never updated beyond Minecraft 1.2.5 or so. I think that was a good quality mod; nice, simple and fits vanilla somewhat. You Are The Creeper and some other "you are the mob" mods, too...wish there was a Creeper player model mod even if it doesn't have YATC's features...
Look up Terraria Calamity Mod.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Look up Terraria Calamity Mod.
I know about that mod; doesn't it just add more bosses and items and stuff? Seems very challenging, too.

I feel Aether 2 could be of a good quality like that once it's finished; I guess you do need to pack a lot of mods together in Minecraft for something like that, though I still think some mods like Quark are of a good quality even if on their own, just for different reasons than Calamity.

Last edited:

AndreaAC

I know this might seem out of nowhere, but I am currently available to take art commissions...as I really need to save for "hard January" or how we call in Spanish, La Cuesta de Enero (it's something like January's slope) and whatnot. So, if anyone is interesting, please let me know, and if it's not possible, I completely understand! :3

So...

Ridley64

Smash Journeyman
I know about that mod; doesn't it just add more bosses and items and stuff? Seems very challenging, too.

I feel Aether 2 could be of a good quality like that once it's finished; I guess you do need to pack a lot of mods together in Minecraft for something like that, though I still think some mods like Quark are of a good quality even if on their own, just for different reasons than Calamity.
Unique bosses, a lot more items, lore, 5 new biomes, yes it can be difficult, but it depends on how good you are at your setup and your strategy. The music is tied with Undertale for my favorite.

D

Deleted member

Currently thinking about how today I saw both the original disc for Final Fantasy VII on the PS1 at a store and a newly sealed copy of Hyrule Warriors Age Of Calamity at 43€.

Not gonna spoil it, but it starts slow but picks up a lot of steam shortly after the first major fight.
Will keep in mind for when I get to watch It.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom