• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
I'm not sure about playing Steve tonight, just because a couple days ago I accidentally dropped my Switch on the carpet and since then the fan's been rattling.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

I am playing Minecraft while waiting for Steve right now, funnily enough.

My hardcore run has been going quite well so far!

Netherite armor is really good. Right now, I am trying to build a nether wart farm. Also, I have over sixty five experience levels, and I have not even killed the Ender Dragon yet.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I shoot my arrows up in the air sometimes, saying AYOOOOOOO, Creepers KO'd!

Loot his remains and now his sulfer's mine! Singing AYOOOOOOO, not today-oh!

(PSA: You're not a Minecraft veteran if you neither know nor remember this song).
~I know you’re looking at that cave, and you’re feeling kinda brave. Go to bed you’ll be alright!~
(Don’t mine at night!)

~There’s nothing that is gonna change if you just wait until the day, zombies wanna way your brains!~
(Don’t mine night!)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
On an unrelated note, having been playing a lot of Pokemon lately, here are my Pokemon takeaways of the day:

-Hop is literally the best rival character.

-Opal is the most badass Gym Leader.

-Bea and Allister are siblings and you can't change my mind.

D

Deleted member

Here is my question.

I want to take a nap.

My plan is to have my alarm wake me up at 8:45 PM.

Is Steve most likely releasing at 9 PM, or should I not risk napping, as I could be late?

Last edited by a moderator:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend

Last edited:

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
~I know you’re looking at that cave, and you’re feeling kinda brave. Go to bed you’ll be alright!~
(Don’t mine at night!)

~There’s nothing that is gonna change if you just wait until the day, zombies wanna way your brains!~
(Don’t mine night!)
I gaze off into the boundless skyline, noteblock choirs playing in the sunshine. Turn 'round pick up my sword and wield the blade that once forced evil mobs to yield.

If this battle should leave me slain, I know that Herobrine will call my name,. Better to take a stand... And that was when I ruled the land...

God, who here grew up with Minecraft and didn't watch and listen those fanmade music videos and songs all the time?

D

Deleted member

Here is my question.

I want to take a nap.

My plan is to have my alarm wake me up at 8:45 PM.

Is Steve most likely releasing at 9 PM, or should I not risk napping, as I could be late?
Did anyone see my post? Are we sure Steve is revealing at 9 PM?

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
I mean, he actually has a character arc and development that you see, so he's easily in the upper half of the rivals.

Now want an even hotter take? Marnie is the worst rival of the three, and is easily in the bottom half. Piers is cool though.
Hop's character arc in a nutshell:
"I'm gonna be the best and even beat my brother!"

continually lacks confidence cuz he keeps losing

"I think I'd rather be a professor"
That's pretty crappy development imo...As far as actual "RIVALS" go he's probably one of the worst, not because he's a bad character but because as a RIVAL he literally is just there to lose and make you feel better on your journey rather than actually be a challenge to you as a trainer, which is what rivals are supposed to be. There's no satisfaction with beating down someone who's continually lacking in his own confidence only for them to basically change their career paths because they can't beat you. It's something Pokemon needs to start fixing with their rivals because this has been a running theme for a while now, but with Hop it's just becoming more obvious.

Marnie has a cool design and a cool theme other than that she's nothing special. Piers has bonus points for being the first Dark Type Gym Leader.

Bede was wasted potential.

Evanosha

Smash Rookie
To pass time for the next hour, what games are you all looking forward to from this point to the near future? (2020 to beyond)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hop's character arc in a nutshell:
"I'm gonna be the best and even beat my brother!"

continually lacks confidence cuz he keeps losing

"I think I'd rather be a professor"
That's pretty crappy development imo...As far as actual "RIVALS" go he's probably one of the worst, not because he's a bad character but because as a RIVAL he literally is just there to lose and make you feel better on your journey rather than actually be a challenge to you as a trainer, which is what rivals are supposed to be. There's no satisfaction with beating down someone who's continually lacking in his own confidence only for them to basically change their career paths because they can't beat you. It's something Pokemon needs to start fixing with their rivals because this has been a running theme for a while now, but with Hop it's just becoming more obvious.

Marnie has a cool design and a cool theme other than that she's nothing special. Piers has bonus points for being the first Dark Type Gym Leader.

Bede was wasted potential.
Eh, to each their own I guess. Truthfully, rivals haven't really been the series strong suit, as majority of them are either just ***** to be *****, or inconsequental to the point where they just show up for the sake of showing up, and that's been an issue since Gen 1. Really, the only ome that broke the mold with all their rivals was B&W, because they actually are active characters rather than just roadblocks that just teleport to you somehow.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
To pass time for the next hour, what games are you all looking forward to from this point to the near future? (2020 to beyond)
Age of Calamity
Breath of the Wild 2
Metroid Prime 4
Subnautica/Below Zero
Monster Hunter Rise
New Pokemon Snap

Metroid 5 if it exists
Metroid Prime Trilogy if it exists

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Between now and the end of the year.

Ghostrunner
Trails of Cold Steel IV
Pikmin 3 Deluxe
Cyberpunk 2077
Yakuza 7

A nice variety, not to mention the games I'm still interested in that have came out this year. (Persona 5 Royal, Granblue Fantasy Versus, The Wonderful 101 Remastered etc)

Beyond? God of War Ragnarok and Final Fantasy XVI. Bunch of others as well but those two are the big ones.

Spider-Man: Miles Morales, Devil May Cry 5: Special Edition, Monster Hunter Rise, and Bravely Default 2.
To Ridley now my friend? Looks pretty cool. I'm gonna stick to Gabriel from Gabriel Dropout for now I think.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom