• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
My only issue with Elise isn't the romance, but she's a major princess stereotype. They're all sapient creatures, so the interspecies romance never once bothered me.

Still makes it poor-ass writing the way they did it, though.

Like, even Zelda(who gets kidnapped almost every game) is better, but that's due to not just taking action, but they started to slowly get her going as a proper character. Sure, that's over multiple games, but she was also not introduced in a super story heavy game like Elise. Regardless, that's what needs rewriting a lot. They did at least make the romance have some plot relevance(as it's how Mephiles awoke Iblis properly, etc.), but it definitely feels weird. Especially as it's literally how Amy acted in Sonic CD, and that should be avoided at all costs.
Her being Princess Peach lite doesn’t help. Apologies if this sounds repetitive, I’ve pulled this over the times I’ve talked about her in the past. My biggest issue with it is that there isn’t enough material or time to justify the romantic elements.
Despite all the time travel shenanigans, she’s only known Sonic for TWO DAYS and more of that time she’s captured and Sonic is spending that time saving her ass with a few forced bonding moments here and there. Like there was little to no natural chemistry and I did not see any real reason for Sonic to be as invested in her as much the story is suggesting.
It’s a terrible setup for a relationship regardless of the whole anthro debate and Elise is a pretty weak character overall as well.Also, Elise mostly just kept Sonic out of the actual plot of the game, Shadow and Silver actually got stuff done while the only major thing Sonic contributed to the story was getting killed by Mephiles. At least when Amy gave her spiel about choosing Sonic over the world it’s implied that she’s known him for years and has a lot less responsibility to deal with. Elise LITERALLY has the fate of the world in her hands and yet despite only knowing Sonic for a few days, says she doesn’t care about what happens to the world if she doesn’t know Sonic. What a load.

Last edited:

RetrogamerMax

Smash Legend
NNID
RetrogamerMax2
You cannot upload videos to youtube directly from the Switch. I've never done it myself but either

A) you can upload the video to twitter and download the file from there. It will be slighly compressed though
or
B) take an SD card and save it to the card using Ultimates build in-replay maker thing. It's slightly harder to do than A but results in the raw file, audio and all.
One more question: Do I have to put my social media account information on my Switch before I can legally upload Smash videos? I ask because after I beat the Sephiroth Challenge and went to the bottom of the screen to click on information regarding my security it said "Your connection to this page is encrypted." so can you give me anwser?

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Her being Princess Peach lite doesn’t help. Apologies if this sounds repetitive, I’ve pulled this over the times I’ve talked about her in the past. My biggest issue with it is that there isn’t enough material or time to justify the romantic elements.
Despite all the time travel shenanigans, she’s only known Sonic for TWO DAYS and more of that time she’s captured and Sonic is spending that time saving her ass with a few forced bonding moments here and there. Like there was little to no natural chemistry and I did not see any real reason for Sonic to be as invested in her as much the story is suggesting.
It’s a terrible setup for a relationship regardless of the whole anthro debate and Elise is a pretty weak character overall as well.Also, Elise mostly just kept Sonic out of the actual plot of the game, Shadow and Silver actually got stuff done while the only major thing Sonic contributed to the story was getting killed by Mephiles. At least when Amy gave her spiel about choosing Sonic over the world it’s implied that she’s known him for years and has a lot less responsibility to deal with. Elise LITERALLY has the fate of the world in her hands and yet despite only knowing Sonic for a few days, says she doesn’t care about what happens to the world if she doesn’t know Sonic. What a load.
That's exactly what I mean by poor-ass writing.

Interspecies romance in itself is not an issue to me. The fact it is just suddenly there(romance) is bad writing. It was bad writing when it happened to Amy, and it's bad writing here too. Hell, Princess Peach wasn't simply there just to be in love with Mario. On the other hand, she had like no personality in the games yet either. So Elise did have real personality from the getgo, whilch I'll give some credit to.

Yeah, exactly. It's handled so poorly. About the only thing it did was show a far more mature Amy in return, and was it really worth such a terrible character design? Amy already was on her way since Shadow and broke free in Unleashed from her massive lovesickness. If they can rewrite the game better, it'd be nice. That's also why I really like Silver and Shadow in the story. They're far more plot relevant. I mean, Elise is too, but Sonic's relevance was "killed in action to make Elise cry". Oy vey.

The music is pretty kickass, though. But yeah.

Last edited:

Oracle Link

Smash Master
That's exactly what I mean by poor-ass writing.

Interspecies romance in itself is not an issue to me. The fact it is just suddenly there(romance) is bad writing. It was bad writing when it happened to Amy, and it's bad writing here too. Hell, Princess Peach wasn't simply there just to be in love with Mario. On the other hand, she had like no personality in the games yet either. So Elise did have real personality from the getgo, whilch I'll give some credit to.

Yeah, exactly. It's handled so poorly. About the only thing it did was show a far more mature Amy in return, and was it really worth such a terrible character design? Amy already was on her way since Shadow and broke free in Unleashed from her massive lovesickness. If they can rewrite the game better, it'd be nice. That's also why I really like Silver and Shadow in the story. They're far more plot relevant. I mean, Elise is too, but Sonic's relevance was "killed in action to make Elise cry". Oy vey.

The music is pretty kickass, though. But yeah.
i agree especialy when Human and Animal are both Cartoony it should work perfectly!

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
i agree especialy when Human and Animal are both Cartoony it should work perfectly!
It's not just that, but they're literally sapient living beings.

I've seen significantly worse fanfiction/etc. too. This is like "eh? The writing's poor, but not cause of the creature types used". I'd argue I have worse pairings for my fanfiction, anyway. XD

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Hooooo boy, 06 talk.

My thoughts on 06 are thus:

I think the game is not good, personally. However, I enjoy it ironically like I would an MST3K movie.

It had good level design that with the right polish would've made it a pretty decent game, story aside.

Simply put?

Please play Project 06:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
My thoughts, Sonic 06 was passable, but still not that great. I did enjoy it some. Still, I don't know why people are upset with the kiss thing to the point of calling it beastilaity or whatever it is called. I don't want to get in trouble with the details, but it was not that. It was just a kiss. The beastiality thing is much more than that.

Last edited:

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
Why is it so hard to find a romance writer?

Someone could have written the script to make it more romantic but I guess crunch does that to you.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
My thoughts, Sonic 06 was passable, but still not that great. I did enjoy it some. Still, I don't know why people are upset with the kiss thing to the point of calling it beastilaity or whatever it is called. I don't want to get in trouble with the details, but it was not that. It was just a kiss. The beastiality thing is much more than that.
Because they aren't use to it, also the game being a complete glitchfest didn't help.
With Family Guy we are so use to Brian dating humans that we grown desensitized to it.

Sonic its a different story because this was a new thing to people at the time. Now lets say 2006 was actually great Elise and all. People wouldn't be complaining about it much.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I know its a bit early to ask but what's everyone's plans for Christmas and New Years?

As I imagine it'll be a quiet one for everyone including myself this year but I'm just gonna go to my dad's spend Christmas with him sleeping there on Christmas Eve, we'll probably also call my brother and sister, as well as myself, calling my mom and other members of my family.

New Years, dad and I (Maybe my cousin as well depending on his schedule) are gonna have a Guardians marathon with pizza.

Alicorn

Cyber Bunny
I know its a bit early to ask but what's everyone's plans for Christmas and New Years?

As I imagine it'll be a quiet one for everyone including myself this year but I'm just gonna go to my dad's spend Christmas with him sleeping there on Christmas Eve, we'll probably also call my brother and sister, as well as myself, calling my mom and other members of my family.

New Years, dad and I (Maybe my cousin as well depending on his schedule) are gonna have a Guardians marathon with pizza.
Learn Japanese, that's all I got planned on Christmas day.

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
Lol.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Because they aren't use to it, also the game being a complete glitchfest didn't help.
With Family Guy we are so use to Brian dating humans that we grown desensitized to it.

Sonic its a different story because this was a new thing to people at the time. Now lets say 2006 was actually great Elise and all. People wouldn't be complaining about it much.
Perhaps so, but I still find the term and its definition not fitting with the situation in the game. Still, like you said, it is new, and people weren't that familiar with the term by the time of that sense.

Still, it wasn't even doing it, and you know what I mean. People can be rather ignorant about things, if you ask me. No offense to anyone here.

D

Deleted member

wait no I opened my stupid mouth too early

Last edited by a moderator:

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

you know who that is right?

Edit i know it
Funnily enough, I’ve been thinking of ideas for a new Sonic animated series in a similar approach to Rise of the TMNT and I wanted to reimagine Madonna as a human teenage friend of Sonic and the gang taking like an April O’Neil type of role.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Funnily enough, I’ve been thinking of ideas for a new Sonic animated series in a similar approach to Rise of the TMNT and I wanted to reimagine Madonna as a human teenage friend of Sonic and the gang taking like an April O’Neil type of role.
That does sound rather interesting, if you ask me.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
That does sound rather interesting, if you ask me.
I’ll call her Donna for short. I think it’d be nice to see Sonic having a relationship with a human/girl his age that isn’t inherently romantic and is considerably more useful than Chris or Elise. So I’m still trying to figure out ideas for her.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Lol.

Game theory right now:
1608415995028.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom