• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Isn't it still crazy such a game like Ultimate actually exists?

Same game where a cartoony bear and bird:ultbanjokazooie:can fight a genocidal sadistic alien dragon:ultridley:and an enhanced soldier:ultsephiroth:that slaughtered an entire village because he thought it was his destiny.

Never thought such a thing would exist. Its so crazy I love it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Is that a remake of the Stratoforce Megazord(Super Sentai counterpart) I see? I forget its name, to be fair. Gingaphoenix, I think? Though I don't know if it had a proper mecha name change. Lost Galaxy is my favorite season. I recognize the classic Megazord(and I don't remember its Japanese name). Now I want to see it dubbed, since it's bound to be better than Operation Overdrive.

D

Deleted member

I'm honestly pretty curious about what Nintendo's goal is by doing all this crap. Like, with the whole Melee stuff, yknow it's pretty obvious: they want to crack down on piracy. But what does taking down a college tournament do for Nintendo; and more importantly, why did they do it?

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Wademan94 Wademan94 read your Sonic fighting game concept (Sorry again about how long it took me to get back to you!) and it was great stuff! Reminded me a lot of Sonic Battle, which is probably my favorite Sonic spin-off.

Everyone's characterization was spot on to how I would want the modern cast to be, and including Gamma is an easy way to make any Sonic story 10/10 in my book.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
It's time for our schedueled program, 'Gwen talks about toku'

View attachment 296324
The 45th Super Sentai anniversary season showed up and jesus christ this is so goddamn weird because holy ****, the Rangers are going to be ****ing Megazords
I thought this was Kamen rider.

Red seems based on the might morphing megazord, probably intentional in case this gets used for Power rangers.

Last edited:

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Wademan94 Wademan94 read your Sonic fighting game concept (Sorry again about how long it took me to get back to you!) and it was great stuff! Reminded me a lot of Sonic Battle, which is probably my favorite Sonic spin-off.

Everyone's characterization was spot on to how I would want the modern cast to be, and including Gamma is an easy way to make any Sonic story 10/10 in my book.
Sonic Battle is a great game. Except for Amy. She's fun to use, but my lord, her characterization is only barely better than Heroes. Thankfully she's way better in Adventure 2, Shadow, and 06(and then the later games keep her nice and good).

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493

Thank you! I really appreciate your thoughts on it! I’ll be sure to share any more progress I make on this story. If you want, you can check my thread on Sonic Clash if you want more context on my plans for it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth if you’re interested, been working on ideas for a new Sonic fighting game and have been writing out the potential story mode, here’s my progress on it:

Certainly! I’m almost finished with Sonic’s part here, I just need to figure out how and by who exactly the engine gets damaged here, like what result could lead to the most conflict for the remaining story.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Shiny gonna be revealed for Smash Ultimate...as a spirit

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
I've come to make an announcement: Shadow the Hedgehog's a bitchass ************. He pissed o-

I'm not posting the rest of this
I'VE COME TO MAKE AN ANNOUNCMENT. SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG IS A ***** ASS MOTHER ******. HE PISSED ON MY *ING WIFE. THAT'S RIGHT. HE TOOK HIS HEDGEHOG ****IN' QUILLY * OUT, AND HE PISSED ON MY *ING WIFE, AND HE SAID HIS * WAS "this big" AND I SAID THAT'S DISGUSTING. SO I'M MAKING A CALLOUT POST ON MY TWITTER DOT COM. SHADOW THE HEDGEHOG, YOU GOT A SMALL *. IT'S THE SIZE OF THIS WALNUT EXCEPT WAY SMALLER, AND GUESS WHAT. HERE'S WHAT MY DONG LOOKS LIKE. [PFFFSSHHHHHHHH] THAT'S RIGHT, BABY . TALL POINTS, NO QUILLS, NO PILLOWS, LOOK AT THAT IT LOOKS LIKE TWO BALLS AND A BONG. HE ****ED MY WIFE, SO GUESS WHAT. I'M GONNA * THE EARTH. THAT'S RIGHT, THIS IS WHAT YOU GET! MY SUPER LASER PISS!!! EXCEPT I'M NOT GONNA PISS ON THE EARTH. I'M GONNA GO HIGHER. I'M PISSING ON THE MOON!!! HOW DO YOU LIKE THAT OBAMA!? I PISSED ON THE MOON, YOU IDIOT!!! YOU HAVE 23 HOURS BEFORE THE PISS DROPLETS HIT THE ****ING EARTH, NOW GET OUT OF MY ****ING SIGHT BEFORE I PISS ON YOU TOO.

D

Deleted member

Oh Nintendo, it never stops, does it. Are they trying to see how much more bad press they can get before 2020 is over? And yet people are still defending them.
I think we haven't reaching the breaking point just yet. But if they keep this up... 2021 is not gonna be a pretty year.

Last edited by a moderator:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Just imagine, next year, a dedicated Sonic 30th Anniversary presentation. A SEGA Direct. Announcements include a sequel to mania, HD ports of games like Colors, Lost World, and Unleashed; Sonic 3 & Knickles being added to the SEGA AGES lineup, as well as Sonic CD; a new Sonic RPG that's not Sonic Chronicles (and fills the void left by modern Paper Mario); a Sonic Rhythm Game, and the Sonic Adventure Trilogy (HD remakes of Adventure 1, Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes).

D

Deleted member

Since everyone is here, I will present you my announcement.

Opa-Opa is CP9

So, I'm going to be taking a break from SmashBoards entirely, until the 30th. I'll try all of online, but that isn't easy. I really need this break, because I just worry so much about what others think of me. Like, I get into some slight breakdowns in my head over people blocking me, and it sounds pretty childish, especially when I have been doing this for years. And yes, I'm seeking therapy again. If you want some more positive news, well... Sephiroth is amazing, I got a bunch of nice new games to try out, and my dieting has been very succesful. I'll try working towards my goals, like reading, and studying a new language, but we will see where that goes...

This will be my last post in this website, until I return at the 30th.

I wish everyone in here the best! If you want to talk to me, my Discord is ShinyLegendary BLM💖#3700 . See you Smashers at the 30th! Have fun!

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
and the Sonic Adventure Trilogy (HD remakes of Adventure 1, Adventure 2, and Sonic Heroes).
Why group Heroes together with the Adventure games? It barely resembles them in terms of mechanics and any story connections to the Adventure games are almost nonexistent outside of Team Dark.

Quality of the game aside, Sonic 06 is much closer to being SA3 than Heroes.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791
Thank you! I really appreciate your thoughts on it! I’ll be sure to share any more progress I make on this story. If you want, you can check my thread on Sonic Clash if you want more context on my plans for it.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth Verde Coeden Scalesworth if you’re interested, been working on ideas for a new Sonic fighting game and have been writing out the potential story mode, here’s my progress on it:
Do you plan to do a hack or whatever and have the game made? I enjoy stories the most via that way.

That said, I'd be interested in seeing who is all in it(via a spoiler coding, of course).

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Why group Heroes together with the Adventure games? It barely resembles them in terms of mechanics and any story connections to the Adventure games are almost nonexistent outside of Team Dark.

Because I wanted it to be a trilogy, 06 is crap, and Hero’s has never been re-released on modern platforms.

Verde Coeden Scalesworth

Flap and Swish~
Premium
NNID
Irene4
3DS FC
1203-9265-8784
Switch FC
SW-7567-8572-3791

Adventure 1, Adventure 2, Heroes, Shadow, and Sonic 06 are the Dreamcast saga. That's why. They're literally part of the same overall storyline.

Also, same with the Advance Trilogy and Battle. Heroes is a poorly written mess either way. Though I won't deny it massively improved Big the Cat. But they took Amy and slaughtered her characterization to the point of making me gag. Like, really? She was breaking out as a good person who had more than Sonic on her mind. Shadow didn't overdo that, and you can still see her true cheerful and loving self. And 06 continued that, while having her mature enough to not go crazy on Elise due to the plot-relevant kiss earlier. It's an awkward moment, but she truly matured and knew what was more important. Also, the game allows you to choose Elise, meaning they actually wrote her in a mature enough manner so that she could accept Sonic overall wasn't going to be hers. I liked that. The timey-wimey ball, and Elise being kidnapped multiple times was dumb, though. But Silver and Shadow being memetic was nice, and Mephiles is a pretty neat character.

Though you are right, 06 is pretty much Sonic Adventure 3. It does everything the same way, it just lacks a Chao Garden, and clearly needed more time in the oven. I like the game and all, but it obviously has its issues.

Heroes really doesn't resemble the games beyond having the characters and some of the abilities. It's honestly closer to Advance 3 in terms of combo characters. In a twist, Adventure 2 was only going to have 3 characters anyway, so that's kind of a silly coincidence(the 3 character focus per team), though it's still pretty different even then. It was Racing, Treasure Hunting, and Shooting. We lack Shooting, but the Power Characters do resemble Treasure Hunting somewhat. Rouge and Knuckles being different specific roles in Heroes is a funny case, and only Omega does "shooting" as an attack.

Though that's what's interesting on 06. It has Treasure Hunting back, though it doesn't really have Shooting either(Silver might be the closest? Omega definitely is not about Shooting), but certainly keeps the unique roles like Adventure 1 does. Amy finally brings back her magic from the first Sonic CD game. Going invisible was neat, and I honestly liked her gameplay a lot. Shadow felt like a great mix of his old Racing style from Adventure 2, but combined his weapons in Shadow with more polished vehicle gameplay overall. And still had his Chaos powers. Now if only it was more polished(though honestly, the only thing buggy I've found of him is his Homing Attack at best, which can go too fast or too slow, easily losing a life).

I could go on about the bits and pieces, but eh. Few want to talk about the game in any good way, and I get it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom