• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Still feeling the Sephiroth hype so I went ahead and ordered FFVII Remake for $30.

Might play through the original again at some point, too.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Oh my goodness...

There was a problem fetching the tweet

OH. MY. GOODNESS!

wow...Avengers got hella lucky even more than expected
FF7 finally getting it's share of content is such a magical feeling.
that Aerith theme tho...Smash made what would be a sad song into a hopeful fighting banger
How does a game with so much work put into it end up so incredibly buggy and unpolished upon release? Christmas rushed again?
wanting money, only caring for PC, never bothering to show off other versions, Keanu Reeves, etc. This game pulled the opposite of BOTW...disappointing

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
FF7 finally getting it's share of content is such a magical feeling.
I have a few minor nitpicks like Cloud still being stuck with his Ultimate renders for spirits and the exclusions of Jenova Absolute and Birth of a God for music, but what we got still makes me really happy.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Damn he really had to do it this way:

It be so hype if Geno was actually playable.
Sakurai sure loves twisting the knife even more, doesn't he?

(I'm getting flashbacks to that one Rathalos image that people clung to as proof that Isaac from Golden Sun was getting in.)

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I have a few minor nitpicks like Cloud still being stuck with his Ultimate renders for spirits and the exclusions of Jenova Absolute and Birth of a God for music, but what we got still makes me really happy.
Personally i wish we got a remix of Zack's theme, kinda like how Kingdom hearts did it:
But i can live without it

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Sakurai sure loves twisting the knife even more, doesn't he?

(I'm getting flashbacks to that one Rathalos image that people clung to as proof that Isaac from Golden Sun was getting in.)
I don't see how paying homage to Super Mario RPG is twisting any sort of knife.

Its like some people want to be offended over a video game.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
You know... it’s kind of sad that not only does Sonic have a bifurcated fan base, but if they go back to the adventure formula, it’s gonna friggin trifurcate. Because there are always gonna be people like me who really like the boost formula. I love love love how fast you go in those games. But adding a boost into the SA formula wouldn’t work with the more open and exploration based level design. They’re really gonna get to a point where they’re gonna need three concurrent ongoing Sonic platformer series just to keep the fan base happy. Good god what is this franchise.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I don't see how paying homage to Super Mario RPG is twisting any sort of knife.

Its like some people want to be offended over a video game.
Just seeing that Mii Fighter Costume is twisting the knife. Honestly, while I know Ultimate is still going to be an amazing game, Geno not being playable kind of... tainted it in my memory. Because like... no other smash game is gonna bring everyone back unless they’re crazy. So Geno getting in in any future installment, heck, ANY character getting in in any future installments, it will just feel lesser.

Really Really REALLY hope that there ends up being some really significant changing of minds later and he can make it in. Do the joke from Roy’s Smaah4 trailer except it’s the Mii Fighter Costume instead of the Koopaling.

---

がんばってね!
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
I just impulsed bought Fire emblem shadow dragon on the Switch.

I feel like i made a bad business mistake.
If you ever need some tips just let me know. Am probably one of the few people who's played through the game on original hardware multiple times/owns more than one copy.

Personally I think $6 is a steal for it. lol

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Just seeing that Mii Fighter Costume is twisting the knife. Honestly, while I know Ultimate is still going to be an amazing game, Geno not being playable kind of... tainted it in my memory. Because like... no other smash game is gonna bring everyone back unless they’re crazy. So Geno getting in in any future installment, heck, ANY character getting in in any future installments, it will just feel lesser.

Really Really REALLY hope that there ends up being some really significant changing of minds later and he can make it in. Do the joke from Roy’s Smaah4 trailer except it’s the Mii Fighter Costume instead of the Koopaling.
When someone supports a character in Smash they have to accept that no matter how much they support him, no matter how many pieces of fanart they draw or rumors they hear, nothing they do will guarantee it will all pay off to a playable character in the end.

Because at the end of the day when you request a character you're asking a favor. And when you ask someone a favor, no matter how many times you ask, they still have the right to say "no".

And with that said, I doubt Sakurai is deliberately trying to make people angry. It's not like he posted a picture mocking Geno in some way. As I said, it's just a homage to Super Mario RPG. If anything this shows he likes or at least respects the game and its fans, even if Geno still didn't get in for whatever reason. I'm not going to tell people to be satisfied with a mii costume but I will ask them not to take it as an insult when it's so clearly not meant to be one.

osby

Smash Obsessed
When Geno's Mii costume got its own splash screen in Smash 4, a lot of his fans took it as a sign that he'll be playable in the next installment.

I wonder if the relative lack of attention this time was a result of low sales or developers' way of saying "sorry, didn't want to give you a false hope." It's kinda obvious that neither Nintendo nor Square-Enix has any plans to do anything with him in the near future and there's really no nice way to say this.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Attention fellow Undertale fans (if you like alternate universes):

Team Switched’s Underswap demo is finally almost here, with a release trailer coming in just a few days:

Chara will finally get to make friends with Tem(?)
Ooh, good ****. Looking forward to this.

Last edited:

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
When someone supports a character in Smash they have to accept that no matter how much they support him, no matter how many pieces of fanart they draw or rumors they hear, nothing they do will guarantee it will all pay off to a playable character in the end.

Because at the end of the day when you request a character you're asking a favor. And when you ask someone a favor, no matter how many times you ask, they still have the right to say "no".

And with that said, I doubt Sakurai is deliberately trying to make people angry. It's not like he posted a picture mocking Geno in some way. As I said, it's just a homage to Super Mario RPG. If anything this shows he likes or at least respects the game and its fans, even if Geno still didn't get in for whatever reason. I'm not going to tell people to be satisfied with a mii costume but I will ask them not to take it as an insult when it's so clearly not meant to be one.
You make many fair points.

Maybe I’m just dilluded. But I still think non-Mii fighter playable Geno is bound to happen in Ultimate at some point.

osby

Smash Obsessed
You make many fair points.

Maybe I’m just dilluded. But I still think non-Mii fighter playable Geno is bound to happen in Ultimate at some point.
Someone in the newcomer made a point about Geno supporters not being a fanbase that a company would want to milk and I agree with them.

He's already a hard sell due to a lot of reasons, making people purchase him twice as different products doesn't make much sense.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Honestly, I won't consider Cyberpunk release as bad Fallout 76, unless like Fallout 76, they manage to dox their players in some way.

That ****-up, combined with other big ****-up like the bottles affair, make FL 76 a masterpiece of bad decisions & glitchness.
Attention fellow Undertale fans (if you like alternate universes):

Team Switched’s Underswap demo is finally almost here, with a release trailer coming in just a few days:

Chara will finally get to make friends with Tem(?)
Finally some good ****ing content. tho the Loox look like Sr Pelo in the thumbnail.

Also, in the OG Underswap canon, Flowey is swapped with Temmie and vice-versa.

Why? Idk, Underswap isn't a great AU tbh, despite being one if not the first UT AU to ever exist, it's basically a reskin, since the character switch role & personality, but don't do anything different outside of that, there isn't much unique stuff to make you go "woah!" once you see all the character redesign.

TS!Underswap, on the other hand, on top of only switching character role but not personality, is looking to be wayyyyy different than the original game, kinda like Inverted Fate (one of the best AU out here imo) but with it's own ingredient added to the mix. (notably, Sans is a superhero in this game)

Rie Sonomura

fly octo fly
NNID
RieSonomura
Switch FC
SW-4976-7649-4666
Morning my dudes

seems I’m always waking up at this time idk why

Oracle Link

Smash Master
Another day, another character who isn't from Dragon ball.
Yeah this is starting to get really Pathetic i mean why cant we have Pilaf, Tao Pai Pai , Blue or Murasaki, Piccolo Sr, Bulma (maybe not in fighterz but it would still be nice to get to play her), Son-Goku (Kid, Red Ribbon Ark altough he would be even smaller than Gt goku oh), Yamcha (Classic with Puar), Kid Kuririn(Krillin) , Chiaotzu, Yajirobe, or any other DB Character in Fighter Z or Xenoverse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom