• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
imagine if the next Sega rep in Smash...or the next Smash game with Sega content...continues the weird lack of musical content of Sonic (Bayo gets a pass for now...cause I want Bayo 3 music in the next game if it actually releases beforehand). Persona gonna end up carrying the Sega representation the most tbh

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
SSJ4 GOGETA CONFIRMED FOR FIGHTERZ LET'S GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

...Why though?

I haven't bought any DLC after #17 and Cooler so I may be wrong on this, but wasn't Gogeta Blue already a hodge podge of his Z, Super, and GT appearances in terms of moveset?

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
You know, I think Greek would be pretty cool for a Pokemon region.

There's so much to do with the many monsters and Greek gods, the amazing architecture with those old ancient temples and buildings, the stories of the many myths... lots of ideas and things to come up with!
  • Hydra (Giant serpent that can regrow it's heads.)
  • Chimera (a lion/goat/snake hybrid)
  • Minotaur (Half man half bull guy)
  • Medusa herself (the next waifu pokemon just like Gardevoir)
  • Cerberus (Giant dog with 3 heads)
  • Cyclops (Bonus points if it's mixed with an elephant cause their skulls were mistaken for cyclops)
  • Griffin (Giant bird/lion thing.)
  • Hippocampus (A horse with the body of a fish)
  • The Trojan Horse (bonus points again if it's a giant robot)
  • Ouroboros (snake eating its own tail)
  • Pegasus (Flying horse, maybe as a regional Rapidash?)
  • The 12 Zodiac signs as well Ophiuchus, the 13th (Those would be legendary Pokemon)
  • Also a dolphin cause we want one (How it's not a Pokemon baffles us)
And I think there would be 12 gym leaders based on the 12 main gods of Mt. Olympus with the Champion being like Zeus himself.

What do you think?

Last edited:

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Anyone else at the point where they are experiencing so much Covid fatigue that a part of them has just stopped caring anymore?

Going through that right now with the six week lockdown beginning in a few days where I am.

Also on a good note: Started watching Assassination Classroom again.

Last edited:

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
You know, I think Greek would be pretty cool for a Pokemon region.

There's so much to do with the many monsters and Greek gods, the amazing architecture with those old ancient temples and buildings, the stories of the many myths... lots of ideas and things to come up with!
  • Hydra (Giant serpent that can regrow it's heads.)
  • Chimera (a lion/goat/snake hybrid)
  • Minotaur (Half man half bull guy)
  • Medusa herself (the next waifu pokemon just like Gardevoir)
  • Cerberus (Giant dog with 3 heads)
  • Cyclops (Bonus points if it's mixed with an elephant cause their skulls were mistaken for cyclops)
  • Griffin (Giant bird/lion thing.)
  • Hippocampus (A horse with the body of a fish)
  • The Trojan Horse (bonus points again if it's a giant robot)
  • Ouroboros (snake eating its own tail)
  • Pegasus (Flying horse, maybe as a regional Rapidash?)
  • The 12 Zodiac signs as well Ophiuchus, the 13th (Those would be legendary Pokemon)
  • Also a dolphin cause we want one (How it's not a Pokemon baffles us)
And I think there would be 12 gym leaders based on the 12 main gods of Mt. Olympus with the Champion being like Zeus himself.

What do you think?
We already have the Hydra (Hydreigon) and Cyclops (Dusclops) but I agree with the others. I've waited for a proper Griffin for ages!

Sari

Editing Staff
Writing Team
NNID
Villager49
Switch FC
SW-2215-0173-2152
...Why though?

I haven't bought any DLC after #17 and Cooler so I may be wrong on this, but wasn't Gogeta Blue already a hodge podge of his Z, Super, and GT appearances in terms of moveset?
For the most part yeah but SSJ4 Gogeta is my favorite DB character so I'm hyped regardless.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Yes! After a while I have another idea for a Lost Tapes episodes.

Don't have the full details yet but I'm already coming up with plot and premise. It'll also be an Enigma Corporation episode.

It'll be on the Bake-Kujira, an undead skeletal-ghost whale.

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Yes! After a while I have another idea for a Lost Tapes episodes.

Don't have the full details yet but I'm already coming up with plot and premise. It'll also be an Enigma Corporation episode.

It'll be on the Bake-Kujira, an undead skeletal-ghost whale.
Cool, I'm doing one about the Devouring Gourd, a giant gourd that can eat anything in it's path.
(It's coming soon.)

Dutch Raikuna

This is probably gonna be buried for understandable reasons but just need to vent. Covid and country related.

It's gonna be a busy week. Fun and then hellish. Really looking forward to meeting my best friend IRL and then going to go hiking with my parent another day.

However still super pissed with that six week lockdown. I'm so annoyed by it but you there is a small selfish part of you that is like "just let coronavirus rip through the population so we can get back to normal already" but you know that it needs to be done. My country is also getting doubly screwed over by Brexit on top on the pandemic which is only benefiting the asswipes in London anyways so you feel annoyed and our 100th anniversary of my country's birth next year is going to divide and annoy people even more.

I'm never going to be at the "the coronavirus is a goddamn conspiracy!" level, I'm not an idiot. However I'm without a doubt in the camp that feels tired with this already. It just never ends.

Sorry for ranting on here but just been feeling frustrated.
Ironically, I think it has been playing Persona 5 (Royal) again has made me realise it even further given the themes of it.

Edit: Also yippee new damn Covid strain found on the mainland. That's not anxiety inducing for **** sake.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Miyamoto: “A delayed game is eventually good but a rushed game is forever bad.”
Mighty No. 9, Duke Nukem Forever & Cyberpunk 2077:
View attachment 296509
Cyberpunk is one'a those delayed, rushed games.

It's also one of those over ambitious games where it seems from what little I've heard about what happened, they let dollar signs get in the way of skillful and thoughtful development. :drshrug:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
Cyberpunk is one'a those delayed, rushed games.

It's also one of those over ambitious games where it seems from what little I've heard about what happened, they let dollar signs get in the way of skillful and thoughtful development. :drshrug:
From what I've heard, getting Keanu Reeves in really screwed with the production of the game. Was it really worth it to be called breathtaking?

Oracle Link

Smash Master
This is probably gonna be buried for understandable reasons but just need to vent.

It's gonna be a busy week. Fun and then hellish. Really looking forward to meeting my best friend IRL and then going to go hiking with my parent another day.

However still super pissed with that six week lockdown. I'm so annoyed by it but you there is a small selfish part of you that is like "just let coronavirus rip through the population so we can get back to normal already" but you know that it needs to be done. My country is also getting doubly screwed over by Brexit on top on the pandemic which is only benefiting the asswipes in London anyways so you feel annoyed and our 100th anniversary of my country's birth next year is going to divide and annoy people even more.

I'm never going to be at the "the coronavirus is a goddamn conspiracy!" level, I'm not an idiot. However I'm without a doubt in the camp that feels tired with this already. It just never ends.

Ironically, I think it has been playing Persona 5 (Royal) again has made me realise it even further given the themes of it.

Edit: Also yippee new damn Covid strain found on the mainland. That's not anxiety inducing for **** sake.
im not going out much but i cant continue reading Naruto because i cant by new Books!

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
This is probably gonna be buried for understandable reasons but just need to vent.

Sorry you’ve been going through all this. If there’s anything I can do to help you get your mind off this, let me know.

Dutch Raikuna

Sorry you’ve been going through all this. If there’s anything I can do to help you get your mind off this, let me know.
It's fine man.

It's probably different for you Americans but until this year I've never really "felt" the government's interference in my life if that makes sense. You see the flags and stuff but that's it.
Then 2020 and Brexit and the pandemic has fully happened. You then realise yep you are actually part of a country and its systems so it really sinks in. We don't live in a place where you have to do "I pledge allegiance to the flag" or any "patriotic duty" at all unless you want to kick off and start ****. Living in a 2-in-1 country gives you a very different world view as you are given a unique melting pot to be raised in.
This year it makes you really sink it in for the worse.

The pandemic has made realise it all. So probably venting a bit.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Now that double sleeving is allowed in Yugioh(and KMC mini inners are no longer like $14, jesus christ I never thought I would see the day that ****ing sleeves spiked in price) I'm thinking I might build a new yugioh deck. hmmm.... but which one?

D

Deleted member

Today was a **** day, and this is the summary of It:

20201220_175155.jpg

And let's see how I deal with the college stuff for tomorrow, because I still have classes until the 24th.

Metal Shop X

CHAINSAW POWEEEEEEEER
NNID
Mao644
3DS FC
4339-3012-0905
Switch FC
SW-2905-0652-6700
Today was a **** day, and this is the summary of It:

And let's see how I deal with the college stuff for tomorrow, because I still have classes until the 24th.
Bro, you ain't even a quarter as bad as memoryman3.

This dude as done things so bad, that it would take ALOT to replicate.

Don't you compare yourself to him, please, I mean it.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Need to talk about it? Been having a crap day as well.

And also, who is this memoryman?
Bro, you ain't even a quarter as bad as memoryman3.

This dude as done things so bad that would take ALOT to replicate.

Don't you compare yourself to him, please, I mean it.
I just had to leave a Discord server I just joined because someone from an old server I used to be in recognized my username and genuiely thought I was a threat to the server.

And my family has been reminding me all day about stuff I did years ago and making me feel even worse about It.

I legit feel I'm on a downward spiral I want to get out of but don't know how.

Dutch Raikuna

Oh damn. The Cyberpunk show never ends. Now a lawsuit.

Wouldn't even rule out the Polish government getting involved since it has grown to be one of their biggest media companies.

I just had to leave a Discord server I just joined because someone from an old server I used to be in recognized my username and genuiely thought I was a threat to the server.

And my family has been reminding me all day about stuff I did years ago and making me feel even worse about It.

I legit feel I'm on a downward spiral I want to get out of but don't know how.
Still keeping on my own promise to you to not be as forceful but if you need to vent like I did earlier (feeling very annoyed about the pandemic and how everything feels like it won't stop blocking my path to getting better) then it's ok.

You know where the good crowd is and we here don't see you as bad and I doubt most do in general.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom