• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Yeah, I feel ya.

I wish I could dress in any way I wanted... But my father is too much of a jerk to me that I fear the day he knows I'm bisexual or sees me with any kind of clothing he doesn't approve.

So I have to wait until I live on my own.
My parents dont care what I do as long as its not endagering my health. I wanna dress as the guy in green in my signature but, 1)Money and 2) i need a reason to cosplay and Virginia Beach rarely has any anime cons

D

Deleted member

We literally haven't had our new bird for 3 hours now and my parents are getting
... geez how many more are they gonna impulse buy

D

Deleted member

My parents dont care what I do as long as its not endagering my health. I wanna dress as the guy in green in my signature but, 1)Money and 2) i need a reason to cosplay and Virginia Beach rarely has any anime cons
I wish that when this virus thing is over and the annual manga/comic convention of the island opens back I could go dressed as Tifa or Daphne Blake.

But my father would likely laugh at my existence or something worse if he saw me dressed as any female character.

D

Deleted member

Little thumbnail for an upcoming video. It isn't perfect by any means, and I certainly see some areas where I can improve, mainly with the text, but it's a start.
View attachment 296531
The render was made by my pal @LukaszBorges on Twitter, while the actual thumbnail was made by me.
Actually looks pretty good, although I would personally have the text be OVER the render. It's more of a personal preference thing though because I just like having the text be neatly at the forefront.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I wish that when this virus thing is over and the annual manga/comic convention of the island opens back I could go dressed as Tifa or Daphne Blake.

But my father would likely laugh at my existence or something worse if he saw me dressed as any female character.
Really,all I want is the experence an anime con once befor I die. There are many VAs I wanna meet and ****

D

Deleted member

I know we're not talking about it anymore but one thing I've always wanted to do is make and design a cosplay of one of my precious card game characters. For example...
168724_200w.jpg

would look sick af as a cosplay costume. Course that's an undertaking that's just simply not in the cards(pun not intended) right not, for obvious reasons.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
If I had to choose between dressing as Daphne or Thorn for a comic convention, I would have a hard time choosing.

I would go for the choice of dressing as Daphne in the end doh, because she is my favourite Scooby Doo character.
I would cosplay as Scooby or the og Mystery Incorporated...before they turned heel
Velma for me.
Velma a sarcastic baddie
Do I need to say it?
Futaba Dinkley

D

Deleted member

You're certainly much braver than me for even considering someone like Tifa.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
My sister loves to cosplay. She's always working on custom cosplays or personal "Disneybound" outfits that. She's always trying to get me to cosplay to but since I'm shy and don't like to stand out too much. One year we went to a con as Dipper and Mabel though and that was kind of fun, so I think I'll dress up for future conventions going forward.

This year I was going to buy a Perry the Platypus onsie off the internet and where it to a convention as my "cosplay". Yeah...2020 threw a wrench in that plan. Maybe next year.
This is probably gonna be buried for understandable reasons but just need to vent. Covid and country related.

It's gonna be a busy week. Fun and then hellish. Really looking forward to meeting my best friend IRL and then going to go hiking with my parent another day.

However still super pissed with that six week lockdown. I'm so annoyed by it but you there is a small selfish part of you that is like "just let coronavirus rip through the population so we can get back to normal already" but you know that it needs to be done. My country is also getting doubly screwed over by Brexit on top on the pandemic which is only benefiting the asswipes in London anyways so you feel annoyed and our 100th anniversary of my country's birth next year is going to divide and annoy people even more.

I'm never going to be at the "the coronavirus is a goddamn conspiracy!" level, I'm not an idiot. However I'm without a doubt in the camp that feels tired with this already. It just never ends.

Sorry for ranting on here but just been feeling frustrated.
Ironically, I think it has been playing Persona 5 (Royal) again has made me realise it even further given the themes of it.

Edit: Also yippee new damn Covid strain found on the mainland. That's not anxiety inducing for **** sake.
Here's how I see it. Vaccines were originally prrdicted to show up in early 2021, and now that we're in late 2020 we're starting to see the first few start to get approved. We're on the final lap right now. Now its just about holding out until the vacs get produced and distributed.

D

Deleted member

You're certainly much braver than me for even considering someone like Tifa.
She's my favourite main character from Final Fantasy VII from what I've seen.

She also seems like an easy Cosplay to make.

Well, easy if my father wasn't such a big ass outdated roadblock.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’d like to dress up as Sans, Papyrus and Jevil.

Idk if I or anyone in my family could make a costume though. We’ve made a Wither costume and a custom shirt before, though. (Wither was just paint on a black shirt and painted cardboard boxes, and custom shirt was another painted-on black shirt, so idk if we could do fancy costumes and masks and stuff; maybe I’m just too lazy to think we can. I did paint a cardboard box in Art class back in high school so I could be Mettaton in a play, though :p )

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

She's my favourite main character from Final Fantasy VII from what I've seen.

She also seems like an easy Cosplay to make.

Well, easy if my father wasn't such a big ass outdated roadblock.
Oh yeah, just saying she'd be way too revealing for me, given I'm on the shy side. But hey, good luck for the future and she's definitely on the easier side, given she wears fairly standard clothing. Would definitely work on a smaller budget.

KillerCage

Smash Master
Reminder that I'm still willing to answer your questions.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Here's how I see it. Vaccines were originally prrdicted to show up in early 2021, and now that we're in late 2020 we're starting to see the first few start to get approved. We're on the final lap right now. Now its just about holding out until the vacs get produced and distributed.
The only issue with this is that because the vaccine finished development earlier than it was supposed to, there's still a pretty good chance that there are problems with it. Problems that won't be noticeable until it's way too late to do anything about it.

That's not even taking into account that some countries will want the lockdowns to keep going for their own personal gain, creating falseinformation regarding the virus to justify staying in this worldwide lockdown hell.

So the convention scene probably isn't going back to the way it was before for years, sure they'll still be around but there will be significantly less of them to go around. Would depend on the location.

Oh yeah, just saying she'd be way too revealing for me, given I'm on the shy side. But hey, good luck for the future and she's definitely on the easier side, given she wears fairly standard clothing. Would definitely work on a smaller budget.
Tifa's main design is the best one to cosplay as because it's the less "Anime" look she has. lol

Last edited:

Mushroomguy12

Smash Hero
New interview of Miyamoto.

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord

Someone on one of the discord servers im at said:

"Jesus [BLEEP] this thing has escalated so quickly and it's so dumb. Blown way out of the water."

Blown way out of water? That is extremely debatable sir.

D

Deleted member

I guess I might as well mention my cosplay choices, while already on the matter of that, in order of most to least wanted:
Taiga (Toradora), for more persona reasons
Futaba (Persona 5), favorite character from one of my favorite games
Alice, might be funny due to being my name and blue dresses aren't that hard to find
Yui (K-On), this one's a maybe, but I have the same guitar, so it would be entertaining if I learned one or two of the anime's songs

That's it from the top of my head.

D

Deleted member

Who would I cosplay as? Well...

• My girl :ultbayonetta1: - Y'all should of known I would say that.
  • Ling Xiaoyu (her primary outfit from Tekken 5)
  • Alisa Bosconovitch (Tekken 6)
  • Jun Kazama (her outfit from Tekken Tag Tournament 2)
  • Taki (her outfit design from Soulcalibur VI)
  • Ivy - Yes, Soulcalibur's Ivy. I would cosplay her P2 costume from SC5, of course.
  • Setsuka - I mean both her outfits in SC3 as well as her new one in SC6

I may be getting quite close to being in my sixties, but an old lady like me can have some fun with this. :kirby:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The only issue with this is that because the vaccine finished development earlier than it was supposed to, there's still a pretty good chance that there are problems with it. Problems that won't be noticeable until it's way too late to do anything about it.

That's not even taking into account that some countries will want the lockdowns to keep going for their own personal gain, creating falseinformation regarding the virus to justify staying in this worldwide lockdown hell.

So the convention scene probably isn't going back to the way it was before for years, sure they'll still be around but there will be significantly less of them to go around. Would depend on the location.

Tifa's main design is the best one to cosplay as because it's the less "Anime" look she has. lol
Yo I think I speak for everyone here when I say nobody would be upset if you stopped your 'covid is a government hoax' bull****, I have enough of that at work

Noipoi

Howdy!
I had an idea for a Banjo Kazooie Cosplay. It would require two people though.

One person dresses as Banjo, wearing a brown shirt (or going shirtless if they prefer) a shark tooth necklace. Yellow shorts, blue backpack, etc. The other person would wear something red and yellow (I was thinking a flight suit?), With a headband adorned with red feathers.

Now the bottom of the backpack would be open, and in the backpack would be a handmade Kazooie puppet that the designated “Kazooie” would puppeteer. Insulting passerby, pecking the designated “Banjo”, the works.

I think it’s a funny idea. Maybe for a couple, or a pair of buddies who wanna cosplay together.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
@Taigiry vs Wademan94 Wademan94
Winner is the One and Only Futaba Sakura
New interview of Miyamoto.

he needs the Infinity Stones first

Someone on one of the discord servers im at said:

"Jesus [BLEEP] this thing has escalated so quickly and it's so dumb. Blown way out of the water."

Blown way out of water? That is extremely debatable sir.
the fools just don’t understand yet

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I've thought about cosplaying masked characters like Zant or Specter Knight before.

If I have the budget or patience to do an accurate one, I might go through with the idea someday.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I continue to miss John Cena being a full time WWE star...or at least physically being there

D

Deleted member

Out of curiosity, how many of you guys did the Sidon and Mipha quest first?

I'm pretty sure Revali's quest was meant to be first, given the easy boss and quest, but the game tells you to go a place where you're more than likely going to run into Sidon.
Are you talking about the DLC stuff or am I forgetting something obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom