• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Ms.Marvel revelation that somehow didn’t get revealed until after the MCU shocker
There was a problem fetching the tweet
8 years later and they got their way

and some of Iman’s words on the subject
Don’t get me wrong I love the inhumans. Black bolt is my father. but I do think the mcu is in a very different place than the comics were and so we were actually able to go this way with Kamala and to be fair the original intent for the comic character WAS to make her a mutant so I am over the moon that this is real and we could make it happen. Sana Amanat and I were freaking out, every single brain cell exploded when we found out we can do this. I was literally refreshing the ep 6 discussion thread on here until someone finallyyyy mentioned it.
more from here
god Marvel mutants are so boring to me. At least with Metahumans and Inhumans you have to tell a story about how their powers were activated, they aren't just born with them and turn on one day, even if they do have the latent genetic potential. They're still activated by outside agents like trauma or lab accidents or magic rock gases. They don't even get the upside of being like from an alien culture or something to bring a new element to their origin. I'm speaking in hypotheticals here, not in practice. But like, look at all the X-Men. How they got their powers is never a part of their origin. What powers they got is never a part of their origin and is mostly completely random, since a kid can have completely different powers from their parents. Why does Iceman have ice powers? Why does Wolverine have a healing factor? I doesn't matter and they could have literally gotten any power and their origin would be the same. It's just so lame to me.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
god Marvel mutants are so boring to me. At least with Metahumans and Inhumans you have to tell a story about how their powers were activated, they aren't just born with them and turn on one day, even if they do have the latent genetic potential. They're still activated by outside agents like trauma or lab accidents or magic rock gases. They don't even get the upside of being like from an alien culture or something to bring a new element to their origin. I'm speaking in hypotheticals here, not in practice. But like, look at all the X-Men. How they got their powers is never a part of their origin. What powers they got is never a part of their origin and is mostly completely random, since a kid can have completely different powers from their parents. Why does Iceman have ice powers? Why does Wolverine have a healing factor? I doesn't matter and they could have literally gotten any power and their origin would be the same. It's just so lame to me.
well…wow…guess the spoiler bar wasn’t needed after all

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Finished episode 1 of The Super Mario Bros. Super Show! I can tell I'm in for a ride.

Also, if I had to see this then so do you:

EDIT: This is flagged as age sensitive?

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
you opened it

u smell
I smell like you what the hell has happened
Sorry mac. Didn't realize it was that big a deal.

Edit: I spoilered my unrelated rant.
yeah the big revelation only happened yesterday morning. Won’t be allowed to drop out all the spoilers until next week, aka the Marvel spoiler lifespan

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
I smell like you what the hell has happened

yeah the big revelation only happened yesterday morning. Won’t be allowed to drop out all the spoilers until next week, aka the Marvel spoiler lifespan
part of it is also that I really don't give a crap about Marvel anyway and thought that my rant about one of their story elements wouldn't need spoiler tagged. But I do see how one could infer the actual spoiler from it.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
part of it is also that I really don't give a crap about Marvel anyway and thought that my rant about one of their story elements wouldn't need spoiler tagged. But I do see how one could infer the actual spoiler from it.
I mean…the main post was about a Ms.Marvel spoiler from the show’s finale, and talking about how that big spoiler is and how it all came to be.

it’s as big of a spoiler as pretty much anything that went down in No Way Home or Loki. Always gotta keep others in mind.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I tried recording some of Big The Cat's dialogue from Sonic IDW. ...Enjoy. 👁
Noipoi Noipoi MooMew64 MooMew64
(Ignore the kinda funky audio quality, my booth is undergoing maintenence)

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Marvel wishes thay could have this much of an audience reaction
also jeez I forgot how big the Jonas Brothers were, and I was a fan of them.

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Urusei Yatsura news
View attachment 356530
Shes adorable
Adorable is one way of putting it...lol

Not the biggest fan of Ran as I think a lot of her stories are hit or miss. It never really felt they knew what direction they wanted to take her character in. She's definitely best when she's a foil to Lum instead of a best frenemy IMO.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just learned of some things from Resident Evil on Netflix…oh god

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Ms.Marvel revelation that somehow didn’t get revealed until after the MCU shocker
There was a problem fetching the tweet
8 years later and they got their way

and some of Iman’s words on the subject
Don’t get me wrong I love the inhumans. Black bolt is my father. but I do think the mcu is in a very different place than the comics were and so we were actually able to go this way with Kamala and to be fair the original intent for the comic character WAS to make her a mutant so I am over the moon that this is real and we could make it happen. Sana Amanat and I were freaking out, every single brain cell exploded when we found out we can do this. I was literally refreshing the ep 6 discussion thread on here until someone finallyyyy mentioned it.
more from here
Honestly when I saw the AMA it didn't even register that this was new information, I thought it had already been confirmed. I had even said something a few days ago to the effect of "If Kamala was created in any other point in Marvel's history, she would have been a Mutant".Kamala was created during the time period where Perlmutter was trying to delete the X-Men and make the Inhumans a big thing. If I'm not mistaken, they were even banned from creating new mutants. Being an Inhuman isn't really a core part of her character, and if I'm not mistaken her first crossover was with Wolverine

Anyways there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to the AMA, like how Iman didn't answer my question. The only logical reason - Secret Wars will culminate in a best of 3 Smash match between Doctor Doom and Kamala, and the reveal of the latter's Smash main would ruin the entire story.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom