• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I don't think he's having much fun

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Foul race:

1657895760966.png

“…I’m Foul Inferno. …it hurts …please put it out …PUT IT OUT!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Christian mythology. Inferno is the Italian word for “hell”. In religious contexts, it specifically refers to Gehenna in the New Testament where an unquenchable fire destroyed the bodies and spirits of the sinners. Due to Christians' association of the underworld punishment with destructive flames, inferno is now also used to refer to a large uncontrolled fire. As the term suggests, a spirit coming from Inferno will continue to burn for an eternity.

Skills: Fire Breath, Agilao, Fire Block, Heat Wave

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Avian race.

SMT outright admits that this demon is only named after Inferno and it is not necessarily related to Christian hell but it’s hard to define demons when they have no clearly defined real-life counterpart. Devil Summoner makes things even more confusing by giving Inferno a Buddhist priest-like design. Other than the eerie appearance, Inferno is highly straightforward: focused on fire skills and pretty much nothing else.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Honestly when I saw the AMA it didn't even register that this was new information, I thought it had already been confirmed. I had even said something a few days ago to the effect of "If Kamala was created in any other point in Marvel's history, she would have been a Mutant".Kamala was created during the time period where Perlmutter was trying to delete the X-Men and make the Inhumans a big thing. If I'm not mistaken, they were even banned from creating new mutants. Being an Inhuman isn't really a core part of her character, and if I'm not mistaken her first crossover was with Wolverine

Anyways there are bigger fish to fry when it comes to the AMA, like how Iman didn't answer my question. The only logical reason - Secret Wars will culminate in a best of 3 Smash match between Doctor Doom and Kamala, and the reveal of the latter's Smash main would ruin the entire story.
yeah that whole Perlmutter era was why Kamala was made to be an inhuman (and by default the most popular on. Man really thought he could outshine the mutants only to crumble and fail, then ruined their reputation. And yeah Wolverine was her first crossover, even used him to tease her being a mutant for awhile before the whole “**** mutants” thing had to kick in.

also Doom is the same guy who legit started to think David Bowie was a mutant because of Spider-Man saying so…yeah he wouldn’t stand a chance against Kamala in Smash

Mamboo07

Smash Hero
Evolution be like:
"Okay, what if this weird rat dog thing became the biggest blubber submarines who scream for navigation?"
images (18) (21).jpeg

Imagine your ancestors going out of water, then millions of years pass by only for them to do it backwards.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I don't think he's having much fun

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Foul race:

View attachment 356574

“…I’m Foul Inferno. …it hurts …please put it out …PUT IT OUT!”

Alignment: Dark-Chaos

Origin: Christian mythology. Inferno is the Italian word for “hell”. In religious contexts, it specifically refers to Gehenna in the New Testament where an unquenchable fire destroyed the bodies and spirits of the sinners. Due to Christians' association of the underworld punishment with destructive flames, inferno is now also used to refer to a large uncontrolled fire. As the term suggests, a spirit coming from Inferno will continue to burn for an eternity.

Skills: Fire Breath, Agilao, Fire Block, Heat Wave

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Avian race.

SMT outright admits that this demon is only named after Inferno and it is not necessarily related to Christian hell but it’s hard to define demons when they have no clearly defined real-life counterpart. Devil Summoner makes things even more confusing by giving Inferno a Buddhist priest-like design. Other than the eerie appearance, Inferno is highly straightforward: focused on fire skills and pretty much nothing else.
Pheonix (X-Men)

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Sprigatito's final evo seems to have leaked

It's a full on biped ""waifumon"" too, lol.

Not gonna post it for now, but needless to say a bunch of people probably won't be happy, haha

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sprigatito's final evo seems to have leaked

It's a full on biped ""waifumon"" too, lol.

Not gonna post it for now, but needless to say a bunch of people probably won't be happy, haha
Grass Delphox

Do note it can still be fake as ****

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Evolution be like:
"Okay, what if this weird rat dog thing became the biggest blubber submarines who scream for navigation?"
View attachment 356575

Imagine your ancestors going out of water, then millions of years pass by only for them to do it backwards.
The ancient whales.

Especially love ambulocetus, it was basically a mammalian crocodile.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Man if that sprigattio evolution is real, I feel bad for it’s fans. I ruins that line tbh imo, and there were so many better concepts.

i kinda doubt it’s real though. Although the fact it has full fledged movement and attack animations in that clip is pretty convincing.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
maybe those other people need to get the stick out their ass because it looks kickass
My biggest problem is it’s a literally carbon copy of another starter and it looks really jarring because of it.

it does sort of align with the theory about the pictures in your house hunting at the evolutions though. So that makes me go back and forth on if legitimate or not.

I think it’s still gonna get a lot of people hating though.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Man if that sprigattio evolution is real, I feel bad for it’s fans. I ruins that line tbh imo, and there were so many better concepts.

i kinda doubt it’s real though. Although the fact it has full fledged movement and attack animations in that clip is pretty convincing.
Oop, I didn't see that. Can ya link me?

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
This art is badass, but what does it have to do with AOE?
Because this artwork and another Blu Ray cover where the three of them race towards "the tree on that hill" suggests that the final chapters will be faithfully adapted.

That and I'm pessimistic lol.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I think it’s still gonna get a lot of people hating though.
Yeah, because a lot of people are big babies
I hope that leak about Sprigatito is real because I hate Pokemon fans.
See, This man gets it
Anything that makes me happy but the fandom mad is a win in my book

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom