• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
he got another dub
Looks like those enemies got. the point.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
But its just going to get worse, its not going to get any better
It's probably best to seek professional help.

Edit: Ok, so I was tired writing this, but I have more to say:
You are more important to thisbworld than you think you are. You have friends, parents, and a gf that all love and care for you. I'm gonna use your father here (because that's the one you bring up the most), but from what I can tell, you mean a lot to him. He seems to be always worried about you, about your health, about your safety even at his old age, and as someone with an 80+ year old relative, just being around them can make their day. From what I can tell, you mean the absolute world to him. And trust me, I don't think he's the only one what feels that way. I know you feel like this world doesn't want you, but to many others, you are that world. That's why you were put here on this planet.

So please, speak to someone, father, friends, therapist, but please don't do something you're gonna regret.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
But its just going to get worse, its not going to get any better
But it's never going to get better if you throw it all away now.

Some people don't gain a semblance of a healthy life until they're in their 30s and 40s, sometimes even later. I know it sucks having to endure the lifestyle that's making you unhappy now, but you need to stay on that horse and keep making an effort to better yourself, even if it may seem fruitless at the moment. Things will work out in time.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So now the rumor seems to be a direct for Tuesday focused on third party games.

I could see it. I still think we will get a Pokémon trailer with or without it. I’d say Donkey Kong is still on the table, Odyssey Two feels like a decent shot at closing to.

We definitely getting Bayo 3, and it’s about time they give us the BOTW 2’s title.

Outside of that who knows. Although I really hope we finally see something from Prime 4, it’s been long enough.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
So now the rumor seems to be a direct for Tuesday focused on third party games.

I could see it. I still think we will get a Pokémon trailer with or without it. I’d say Donkey Kong is still on the table, Odyssey Two feels like a decent shot at closing to.

We definitely getting Bayo 3, and it’s about time they give us the BOTW 2’s title.

Outside of that who knows. Although I really hope we finally see something from Prime 4, it’s been long enough.
God, I'm not ready to deal with Nintendo fans if we see a third party direct.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I have to say, it's really weird to hear you guys talk about Nintendo fans whining but having nothing to show for it

Like I'm sure you're not exaggerating but since I'm basically completely disconnected from social media I rarely see any of it

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just found out there’s finally a FE support the world has been waiting for thanks to Three Hopes
There was a problem fetching the tweet

osby

Smash Obsessed
You know how it is with spaghetti

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Lady race:

1656168752120.png

“I’m Lady Sekhmet. Watch, sweetie. I’ll get intoxicated in the blood of any who stands in our way!”

Alignment: Light-Chaos

Origin: Egyptian mythology. A goddess of war and healing who leads pharaohs to battle and guards them in the afterlife. She is an avatar of Hathor and is usually depicted as a woman with a lion’s head. When some humans stopped worshiping Ra, Sekhmet’s father, sent her to kill the unfaithful. However, when she got addicted to human blood and started killing everyone, Ra had to stop her by getting her drunk with a potion disguised as blood.

Skills: Maragilao, Dormina, Makarakarn, Dekunda

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Night race.

Fun fact: Sekhmet and Selket are actually compared together a lot, as they are both magician goddesses who punish those who violate divine laws. Anyway, her design is a lot more faithful to her lore and even features a snake on her crown. I like her skillset, too: It has both offensive and supporting skills. She can breathe fire in legends, hence the fire skills. Sekhmet used to be one of my favorite mythological figures as a kid so I’m happy to see her done justice in here… too bad she only ever was playable in a single game...

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I have to say, it's really weird to hear you guys talk about Nintendo fans whining but having nothing to show for it

Like I'm sure you're not exaggerating but since I'm basically completely disconnected from social media I rarely see any of it
It's usally big Nintendo heads (Youtubers, popular accounts, 90s kids) that say the dumbest **** about Non-Nintendo games but yeah not all are like that and the stranglehold is loosening.

But making fun of Nintendo fans is A-OK

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
God, I'm not ready to deal with Nintendo fans if we see a third party direct.
The article saying it’s Tuesday says it’s a partner showcase.

Woo boy if they somehow happens, people will be pissed.

I can’t see the partner showcase ever coming back with how badly received they were though. I thinks it’s gonna be a general direct.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I keep telling my dad that im graying and literallly pulling my hair out from stress but he never believes me but then complains when he sees clumps of hair from my pic that accidently fall on the floor and the fact i have many grays showing up at just age 26, 27 next month

Last edited:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
The article saying it’s Tuesday says it’s a partner showcase.

Woo boy if they somehow happens, people will be pissed.

I can’t see the partner showcase ever coming back with how badly received they were though. I thinks it’s gonna be a general direct.
Eh, Nintendo are well known for being out of touch. I reckon they would try partner showcases again tbh.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
All the talk about Three Hopes is making me wanna go back and finish the Blue Lions and and Black Eagle campains in the original Three Houses but man, the monestery is such a slog.

Three Houses would probably be my favorite FE if so much of the gameplay didn't feel like a chore.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

As Mighty said, it mostly comes from content creators. Nintendo content creators are like Sonic content creators: They played a whole lotta these games, so that translates to being the objective authority on 'em, yeah? Shoutouts to all of the current Mario Strikers discourse in particular, you love to see 90s kids sit back in their armchairs and totally own the devs at Nintendo.

Also, these types tend to get mobs that flock around them and radicalize their opinions. TBH there's Sonic creators I've outright stopped following 'cause even though I enjoy their mods, I cannot stand the current Sonic discourse they're feeding into with telling anyone remotely okay with how things are right now that they're "coping". Same with Nintendo creators, I've honestly started muting MULTIPLE accounts just because I'm sorry, but I'm just sick and tired of the endless back and forth. People angry people are liking something, people angry people aren't liking something, it's just too dang draining to keep up with and I'm sick of it.

MooMew64

I picked up IDW Sonic again and damn why did they do Shadow like that? He was not like that in the games
Shadow would not have stayed and get turned.

My guy would have seen that staying is a stupid idea, TBH if IDW had Archie Shadow, he would have probably suggested using the Chaos Emeralds way sooner than everyone else as Shadow was always pragmatic and thinking ahead.

He's not some meat head, IDK why they keep wanting to make him into that. If it's to parody Vegeta, then even then they're doing a terrible job, because current Vegeta would also have 100% fled from that fight to regroup.

MooMew64

Oh yeah, Direct talk.

It would be cool, but...

I don't think it's happening, mainly because they pretty much showed everything for the current year back in February and BotW2 got hit with the funny Zelda delay, so nah, I don't think anything is happening. My bet is silence outside of the occasional small blurb on Twitter until like, September. They'll maybe drop a Splatoon Direct at some point, depends on how new Splat3 really is. TBH I'm getting nervous that it's gonna feel like $60 DLC 'cause everything they've shown so far looks like it could have been DLC for 2. I'm hoping so bad that there's either a lot they haven't shown yet, or that there's a lot of work done under the game's hood that warranted a new game, 'cause so far? It...Just looks like more Splat2. Which is dope, don't get me wrong, but...I really, really hope they got something good hiding, ha ha.

Anyways, can't wait for Nintendotubers to use it as another example as to why patches and service games are from the devil himself.

Last edited:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Oh yeah, Direct talk.

It would be cool, but...

I don't think it's happening, mainly because they pretty much showed everything for the current year back in February and BotW2 got hit with the funny Zelda delay, so nah, I don't think anything is happening. My bet is silence outside of the occasional small blurb on Twitter until like, September. They'll maybe drop a Splatoon Direct at some point, depends on how new Splat3 really is. TBH I'm getting nervous that it's gonna feel like $60 DLC 'cause everything they've shown so far looks like it could have been DLC for 2. I'm hoping so bad that there's either a lot they haven't shown yet, or that there's a lot of work done under the game's hood that warranted a new game, 'cause so far? It...Just looks like more Splat2. Which is dope, don't get me wrong, but...I really, really hope they got something good hiding, ha ha.

Anyways, can't wait for Nintendotubers to use it as another example as to why patches and service games are from the devil himself.
I'm not the biggest Splatoon guy but wasn't Splat2 just more of the first game? The series doesn't really seem like it tries to reinvent itself with each new entry at this point.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I'm not the biggest Splatoon guy but wasn't Splat2 just more of the first game? The series doesn't really seem like it tries to reinvent itself with each new entry at this point.
I mean shooters tend to not really reinvent itself. All it needs is new kinds of weapons, new maps and a new campaign and boom new shooter.

Oh yeah, Direct talk.

It would be cool, but...

I hope they don't because Splatoon is one of the series that actually does it right.

Like 2 was constantly updated like monthlyish for like... 5 years?

Edit: 4 years

Last edited:

MooMew64

It brought in enough new weapons and an entire new game mode with Salmon Run that it really helped make it stand out a bit more. Granted, it wasn't without its problems, some of what they cut only to bring back later was...Confusing, for lack of a better way to put it, ha ha.

Plus, I think I'm not as harsh on Splat2 for that because of its circumstances: For all intents and purposes, it might as well have been Splat1 for 70% of the playerbase given the actual Splatoon 1 was on the Wii U, and, well...It was the Wii U, lol.

Free updates can do wonders for Splat3, though. 2 was a wildly different game from release to end of support.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Eh, Nintendo are well known for being out of touch. I reckon they would try partner showcases again tbh.
true, but they dropped those partner showcases real fast after introducing them so they could do actual directs. Nintendo probably low key hated them to. If it comes back, I could see it being stylized very differently.

Sorry for acting like a lil *****. Im ok now, was just hit with depression

Anyway, i listened to Ramna 1/2s opening and now im.on a 90s anime opening binge
Nah, you had every right to be upset. Just like despite what they try to tell you, you have every right to fight for your self and freedoms.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom