• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
How will Britain's departure affect the EU?
For them, they wouldn't lose as much but still a chunk. They still lose of their biggest economies that's one of the big four (alongside France, Germany and Italy). Also throws them into a strange area as no one has left the EU before so they have to be tough to make sure no-one follows (Poland and Hungary could follow by being suspended or expelled for internal reasons). They still have one of their closest allies right on their doorstep just one that is not part of them.

And it also throws one of their members into a strange limbo (Republic of Ireland) as it means suddenly they have a land border with a non-EU member............that if they would put border checks, it violates the Northern Ireland peace agreement.

The rest of the trade deal would have been mostly easy but the border and fishing rights is what makes it so difficult. And it took two elections and two prime ministers of the UK to get over it.

There's other stuff but it's too much too explain.

I don't know much about Ireland so I can't comment on that but the higher prices is a direct result of moving out of the EU, free trade is an excellent benefit but without it you need to pay more for import and export costs, meaning prices get jacked up to keep profits
Yeah and I'm annoyed by that so much with the prices.

At the end of the day it's a ****storm of a mess that only seems to benefit the egos of those in London and screwing off Edinburgh and Belfast and any areas that really, really benefited from being in the EU.
Northern Ireland and Scotland will be back, just probably now part of Ireland and an independent Scotland the chances are now most likely.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Would be really weird if somehow Smash was canon to every game out there.
The only game IIRC that is even remotely tied to Smash is Kid Icarus Uprising. And it really only got away with that because it was a return of a then-dead franchise revived by Smash, so of course making a few references here and there is a good idea.

Now doing it for every game? Even on a conceptual level that's just straight up impossible to do because you wouldn't be able to create any kind of cohesion with all of these franchises, with all the enemies, relations, allies, etc, let alone something passable.

Last edited by a moderator:
D

Deleted member

Every time something like this happens I always worry that it’s a terrorist attack or an act of war or something. Don’t deny that knocking out Google would be of great strategic value in something like that.
It would be great strategic value to terrorists, yeah... but you're almost undoubtedly gonna knock your own communication service out in the process(unless you already had a backup method planned ahead of time, and even then that costs way too much money when you can just use a VPN and idk Gmail) so it's usually not worth it.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Every time something like this happens I always worry that it’s a terrorist attack or an act of war or something. Don’t deny that knocking out Google would be of great strategic value in something like that.
Now don't call me a conspiracy theorist or anything but, i think this might have actually been related to a cyber attack, as there was one yesterday, this happens a few hours after that? It's gotta be connected somehow.

The only game IIRC that is even remotely tied to Smash is Kid Icarus Uprising. And it really only got away with that because it was a return of a then-dead franchise revived by Smash, so of course making a few references here and there is a good idea.

Now doing it for every game? Even on a conceptual level that's just straight up impossible to do because you wouldn't be able to create any kind of cohesion with all of these franchises, with all the enemies, relations, allies, etc, let alone something passable.
Well in Persona alternate worlds exist and there are lines of dialogue in the canon spin off titles that state that the cast of these games are summoned to these other worlds against their will to help with whatever problem is currently happening there, or the dancing games case they were just called there to have fun.

It's entirely possible Smash was one of said dimensions that Joker finds himself in.

That's my headcanon and i'm sticking to it.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
you know, whenever I try to replay X/Y I lose steam around where you fight the second gym.

I should get back to that nuzlocke i started in june

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
D

Deleted member

a question i want to make a Dragonball themed Thread can i post it in General?????
check to make sure there isn't already one, then you can.

Although that kind of discussion is better suited for here in the first place. Ask a mod if you really aren't sure.

Aetheri

W/E happens don't panic...
Switch FC
SW-3397-5428-2304
Indie World presentation tomorrow
Axiom Verge 2 and Silksong updates incoming?

Also more info on Subnautica, new Switch exclusive biomes would be sick!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Bayonetta also...maybe Animal Crossing. That and Smash 4 + Ultimate are pretty much an epilogue/sequel to Uprising while Brawl is like it’s prequel
Well in Persona alternate worlds exist and there are lines of dialogue in the canon spin off titles that state that the cast of these games are summoned to these other worlds against their will to help with whatever problem is currently happening there, or the dancing games case they were just called there to have fun.

It's entirely possible Smash was one of said dimensions that Joker finds himself in.

That's my headcanon and i'm sticking to it.
Ren did have the nerves to rob a poor fool of their invitation to Smash

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
Indie World presentation tomorrow
Wonder how long it will be before people will think their will be a smash reveal--
I can’t wait to see Shantae in Smash at it!
20201214_112952.jpg
hyperventilating

SnakeFighter64

Smash Obsessed
Man I wish I had a sizeable internet following so I could just ask questions like "what are the best levels in each mario game" and actually get a sizeable pool of responses. I want to make a straw poll for the task, but nobody would respond.

D

Deleted member

Man I wish I had a sizeable internet following so I could just ask questions like "what are the best levels in each mario game" and actually get a sizeable pool of responses. I want to make a straw poll for the task, but nobody would respond.
Ask someone else to ask for you :yeahboi:

ColietheGoalie

Smash Lord
Just curious, who were the duds and who would you consider... not duds. And it one of the duds is Geno, just ignore that one and talk about the rest.

Similar question because I'm curious. Who would be an "essential" echo fighter in your eyes.

Again, not trying to sound rude. So I apologize if I do. I'm just legitimately curious.
Sorry, didn’t log in till now.

NOT DUD
Geno - Not a huge fan, but he’d be fun, and probably come with a great stage/music.
Eggman - Wouldn’t be mad about another iconic villain.

DUD
Jonesy - I just don’t like Fortnite. It has shades of exploiting kids with FOMO and the fun of “gambling”, and it just feeds into a whole subculture of gaming that I don’t love.
Urshifu - I much prefer when Pokémon reps are interesting and not just an anthropomorphic animal.
Quote - Never played the game, and if we’re stretching for indie reps there’s others I’d like more.
Kratos - Never been a fan of his.

As for the echoes, there’s nothing particularly wrong with any of them (other than doubting Gooey could be an echo), but I can’t say I’d be super pumped for them. It’s more just middling interest rather than any of them being duds. Dixie would be cool.

tuck :)

Smash Cadet
Slippi.gg
TUCK#214
Elevator pitch: A new SEGA console with no new games on it. But it can play Master System, Genesis, Game Gear, SEGA CD, 32X, Saturn, and Dreamcast games. Heck, throw in the SG-100 while we're at it! HDMI out, multiple controller varients representing each system (though will work with all of the games for it, provided it has enough buttons) and a digital store for buying games you don't have physical copies of.
If there's any company that would've destroyed the "Mini Console" craze that was the last few years, it would've been SEGA. I know they did have a Sega Genesis Mini, but I could totally imagine them making a Sega Classics system with all the old consoles' best games included. That'd be so dope.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
in christopher walken's voice
I gotta feevuh, and only quoor....is moah Shaq!!
Listen. Listen.

Shaq? He's a big guy. And you? You're small. Tiny, even. You couldn't handle an overdose of Shaq. You would disintegrate and what would be left of you would blow away in the wind on a cold winter night.

And nobody wants to be casually walking by and take a deep breath only to choke on... well, you. :drshrug:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom