• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722
Gotta say, I'm interested in how the rest of OP will go after the break. Off the top of my head we have a ton of plot threads left to unravel;

Zoro meeting Mihawk again
Usopp going to Elbaf
Shanks meeting Luffy again(and maybe the consequences of Barto burning Shanks flag comes back to bite him who knows)
Finding the last unknown Road Polyglyph
Whatever the **** happened to Sabo + the revolutionary army as a whole
Blackbeard v Luffy will probably happen at some point

and those are just the ones off the top of my head :yoshi:
There's also Kuma, the mysterious figure at the Empty Throne, fallout from the Reverie and Blackbeard & Moria's conversation which I think takes place after Wano :yoshi:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Went out and visited Irvine Regional Park yesterday. I go to go and touch a lot of grass.

I got to see a frog, some turtles, tons of squirrels, a huge array of local birds including a small hawk and even a flock of parrots.

I also heard a rattlensake hidden alongside one of the trailers but couldn't see it, and wasn't stupid enough to dig through the shrubbery trying to find it. But it was there.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Gotta say, I'm interested in how the rest of OP will go after the break. Off the top of my head we have a ton of plot threads left to unravel;

Zoro meeting Mihawk again
Usopp going to Elbaf
Shanks meeting Luffy again(and maybe the consequences of Barto burning Shanks flag comes back to bite him who knows)
Finding the last unknown Road Polyglyph
Whatever the **** happened to Sabo + the revolutionary army as a whole
Blackbeard v Luffy will probably happen at some point

and those are just the ones off the top of my head :yoshi:
If it's anything like what I remember from reading One Piece before dropping it, they're all gonna die from falling down the stairs

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fallen race:

1654697291004.png

“I am Fallen Shax. Charmed, I’m sure. Now get me out of here and we may proceed to talk business.”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: Ars Goetia. A great Marquis of hell who takes the shape of a stock dove and speaks with a hoarse, subtle voice. He possesses the ability to take away one’s sight, hearing, and understanding at the command of his summoner, on top of stealing from kings’ houses and fetching horses. He can also discover the hidden and bestow familiars. Unless forced into a triangle, however, Shax will deceive his summoner. He commands 30 legions of spirits.

Skills: Killing Wind, Toxic Cloud, Makajamon, Mabufula

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Snake race.

Did you notice how Shax holds human parts around the string he holds? Yeah, my guess is that they are how he “steals” people’s senses. Pretty creepy, considering how buffoonish the rest of him looks, with that mask and funny pose. That long tongue is likely for showing how much he lies. You wouldn’t expect but he’s quite a strong demon and can give enemies grief with his loaded skillset. I like his design so it’s a good thing to have a reason to keep the evil bird around.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The trailer's out for Black Adam.

Looks all right so far. Hopefully there's a Shazam appearance of some kind, even if it's just as a mid or post credits scene; having a Black Adam movie without Shazam seems like having a Venom movie without Spider-Man. (though at least we know that Black Adam and Shazam exist in the same universe, whereas Spider-Man seemingly doesn't exist in Sony's Spider-Man-adjacent universe, unless it turns out that this movie actually takes place on Earth-2)

Out of the Justice Society, I'm only vaguely familiar with Doctor Fate and Hawkman, and I know nothing about the other two. Still, it's neat to see them incorporating a wider variety of heroes.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
besides Ms.Marvel already being the most creative and unique MCU show on Disney+ so far (very imaginative so far), it is now confirmed that Smash Bros exists in the MCU and gamers have officially won

also the premiere episode ****ing slapped as a whole, can’t wait for the other 5 episodes and then The Marvels and after both that…wherever Kamala is seen next

osby

Smash Obsessed
besides Ms.Marvel already being the most creative and unique MCU show on Disney+ so far (very imaginative so far), it is now confirmed that Smash Bros exists in the MCU and gamers have officially won

also the premiere episode ****ing slapped as a whole, can’t wait for the other 5 episodes and then The Marvels and after both that…wherever Kamala is seen next
I now want to see Captain Marvel interact with Ms. Marvel even more. Between Carol's sense of heroism keeping her away from her loved ones in contrast to Kamala owning her family bonds, you have to actively try to not have some delicious narrative conflict between the two.

...I need to write a character analysis of them one of these days.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Looks all right so far. Hopefully there's a Shazam appearance of some kind, even if it's just as a mid or post credits scene; having a Black Adam movie without Shazam seems like having a Venom movie without Spider-Man. (though at least we know that Black Adam and Shazam exist in the same universe, whereas Spider-Man seemingly doesn't exist in Sony's Spider-Man-adjacent universe, unless it turns out that this movie actually takes place on Earth-2)

Out of the Justice Society, I'm only vaguely familiar with Doctor Fate and Hawkman, and I know nothing about the other two. Still, it's neat to see them incorporating a wider variety of heroes.
Great thing about this seems it'll seem "separate" and "standalone from the other DCEU films aside from ties with Shazam! which is also the two following as with The Suicide Squad.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Probably gonna skip out on Three Hopes. Loved Three Houses but I don't think Warriors type games are for me, so I'm probably just gonna watch the cutscenes on YouTube when it comes out.

dezeray112

Smash Hero

Finished watching the first episode just now and I really liked it. It will be interesting to see how the next five epiosdes will build and develop Kamala's character even further.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

I barely recognize Atom Smasher from Justice League Unlimited, so that’s a bit of an odd one. Tho the movie does look good imo…but I really need them to get to that Shazam crossover as soon (but we’ll developed) as possible
I now want to see Captain Marvel interact with Ms. Marvel even more. Between Carol's sense of heroism keeping her away from her loved ones in contrast to Kamala owning her family bonds, you have to actively try to not have some delicious narrative conflict between the two.

...I need to write a character analysis of them one of these days.
with Carol (based on her 3 appearances in MCU projects (and 3 episodes of What If) so far being a better character than she was during the 2016-2019 drought, I think her relationship with Kamala could end up exceeding what they did in the comics. Plus, her reuniting with Monica will help give her a human cosmic family of sorts
Finished watching the first episode just now and I really liked it. It will be interesting to see how the next five epiosdes will build and develop Kamala's character even further.
I think there’s something that we need to know before all the development and costume design choices…and that’s who she mains in Smash…hope she don’t play someone like Ness

But for real tho, I think she’ll at least be at the level of Peter was by the time Civil War started or his level at the end of Homecoming once her show’s season ends

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Nintendo Store is having a **** ton of problems just as soon as the XC3 SE goes up

Why do they make it so hard for people to give them money

Why
Just got off the phone with John Nintendo. He said the servers went down to make their fans go outside and start their own Xenoblade journey. That is the real Xenoblade 3.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
New prediction for highest-grossing films by the end of this year. Because god damn I really underestimated Top Gun: Maverick. I knew it was gonna make money but not this much.

Black Adam (Dwayne Johnson will be more then enough to draw tons of seats)
Black Panther: Wakanda Forever
Doctor Strange in the Multiverse of Madness
Jurassic World: Dominion
Lightyear
Minions: The Rise of Gru
Thor: Love and Thunder
Top Gun: Maverick
The Batman

Runner-Ups: DC League of Super-Pets, Shazam! Fury of the Gods (First one was so well-liked I could see it happening), Strange World

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Knew Xenoblade was nothing but propaganda telling us to go out and touch grass with its obsession with overly expansive grassy fields, SMH.
That's right! In real life, you too can explore grass fields, have affection and character bonds, you can find love, there's plenty of blades, and if you're lucky, you can even have multiple seizures and scream in agony! How fun

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Site comes back up only for it to say the item limit has been reached.

FM4BtLhXoAMWnpg.jpeg

Yeah, this ain't worth the stress.

Edit: NVM, site maintenance.

Last edited:

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
That's right! In real life, you too can explore grass fields, have affection and character bonds, you can find love, there's plenty of blades, and if you're lucky, you can even have multiple seizures and scream in agony! How fun
I even saw a tiny turtle at the park yesterday!

It was really neat of the developers to reference the best part of Xenoblade 2 like that.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
Watching Episode 1 of Ms. Marvel rn

They name dropped Smash Bros cuz the characters were talking about it for a bit, kinda neat lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I mean the manaphy event kinda makes the ranger games canon.

We also got Pokémon snap 2 all these years later, so honestly TPC must like just throwing darts at a board, and go “yeah let’s remind people this exists”

Yet we still have no Conquest Two or a mobile ranger game.
XD and Colloseum are definitely canon as well entirely based on the fact that you can transfer pokemon from those games to the handheld games.

Not only that but multiple Europes.
You go to france twice in Dream drop distance lol
Hunchback and Three musketeers.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280

There's a nonzero chance that Kamala Kahn has a Smashboards account . What a time to be alive.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Drew a bit of peak fiction. But seriously, I do have a soft spot for the Vectorman games. Isn't that Summer of gaming stuff this week?

osby

Smash Obsessed
Soul Hackers 2 looks better with each trailer tbh

Gotta love how they brought Turbo-Granny of all demons back.

DanganZilla5

Smash Champion
Writing Team
So My Nintendo is alive again but the pre order button for the XC3 special edition is greyed out. Does that mean it's sold out? Are they waiting until they can maintain the servers to have pre orders live again? What's going on? I'm getting anxious.

If I don't end up getting the special edition then at the very least I hope they sell the art book separately as that's what I really care about. But it was a dumb idea to have this edition be sold in one place as opposed to retailers like with the first two games.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom