• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
totally surprising DC

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Decided to skim though the Sonic Central and uh

Wow they literally don't know how to promote anything for this series do they, lol. Like, all the interesting info came out AFTER the presentation from completely unrelated sources.
I mean we got Shadow in Sonic Prime. No dialouge.

Here's hoping Sega mandates don't ruin him this time.

SneakyLink

NNID
bne9635
Switch FC
SW-6259-3694-6593
I think the most insane thing of Sonic Central was the sneak peak of Sonic 2 physical release, and they forgot to add the sneak peak. It was just Ben Schwartz talking.
It’s unusual to think about how Paramount+ has constantly advertised the film being on the platform now but Sega can’t mention a physical release for a reason.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
All in all, I've only progressively gotten more hype for Frontiers.

It's just really funny that 70% of the reason I'm more excited isn't from footage Sega showed loooooooooooooool

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
tomorrow is finally Kamala’s time to shine in live action

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Modern Shadow is 100% the opposite of what she begged him to be and what he promised to her, lol.

Of all the dang Sonics to get him right, to this day 06 was the last time they let him be a character. 💀
Coincidentally that was also the last time Shadow actually did **** in the series before being sidelined to edgy 5th grade bully.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the inspiration continues on

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Maria would ****in ENSURE Team Dark were friends.
Team Dark weren't friends, they were family.

Shadow is the hard ass but loving brother. He'd do anything for them, no matter how illegal.

Rouge is the sister who is popular on [Redacted] and is also the breadwinner of the bunch. Also good at scamming governments.

Omega is the cousin who probably has a crack addiction. He also hates the other brother that Shadow and Rouge don't talk about anymore. Will also kill them if they take away his addiction.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
totally surprising DC
I'm honestly surprised that it's been almost ten years since the DCEU started, and there's barely been a single mention of Green Lantern in that universe. (aside from one brief line from Steppenwolf in Zack Snyder's Justice League and a small flashback cameo in either version of JL)

I get that the Ryan Reynolds movie doing poorly likely played a part in that, but I started reading Geoff Johns' run on Green Lantern, and it seems like there'd be a lot of potential for a movie no matter which of the seven Earth-based sci-fi-related Green Lanterns you pick. (nothing against Alan Scott, the golden age Green Lantern, but he's not really connected to the rest of them)

Heck, you could probably pick any two of those seven and get a solid superhero buddy cop movie out of it.

Hopefully this means that the DC movies have a more concrete plan going forward, rather than seemingly throwing anything at the wall and seeing what sticks. (a movie based around the Trench? The ravenous fish people from a scene in Aquaman? Really?!)

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I'm honestly surprised that it's been almost ten years since the DCEU started, and there's barely been a single mention of Green Lantern in that universe. (aside from one brief line from Steppenwolf in Zack Snyder's Justice League and a small flashback cameo in either version of JL)

I get that the Ryan Reynolds movie doing poorly likely played a part in that, but I started reading Geoff Johns' run on Green Lantern, and it seems like there'd be a lot of potential for a movie no matter which of the seven Earth-based sci-fi-related Green Lanterns you pick. (nothing against Alan Scott, the golden age Green Lantern, but he's not really connected to the rest of them)

Heck, you could probably pick any two of those seven and get a solid superhero buddy cop movie out of it.

Hopefully this means that the DC movies have a more concrete plan going forward, rather than seemingly throwing anything at the wall and seeing what sticks. (a movie based around the Trench? The ravenous fish people from a scene in Aquaman? Really?!)
Man, Green lantern is a cool series they just won't let mainstream forms of entertainment actually show it lol

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
On a related note, I thought that Aquaman's bad reputation was due to the Superfriends cartoon (where he couldn't punch people, so he was limited to talking to fish), but he had it pretty rough in the original comics as well, if the older Justice League issues that I'm reading are any indication.

They seem so patronizing towards him, especially when Green Lantern makes a pool of water that Aquaman can't even get to on his own, meaning that he needs the help of Superman and Martian Manhunter to get there.

Comparing the early Justice League comics to the early Avengers comics, I definitely prefer Marvel's 60's era comics - with the possible exception of Starro the Conqueror, it never really felt like the Justice League were put up against threats that required the entire team (or really, more than three heroes). Unlike the Avengers, where you had characters like Kang the Conqueror or Baron Zemo and the Masters of Evil as recurring threats, the only recurring threat in the first sixteen issues or so is this guy.

Plus, none of the characters in the team-up books were given distinct personalities that set them apart from one another, making it feel like you were watching 7-9 versions of the same character having a conversation. (to the point where they finish each other's sentences on a regular basis)

Still, I'm liking John Ostrander's Suicide Squad run and Marv Wolfman's work with the New Teen Titans (the line-up that most people are familiar with - Robin, Cyborg, Beast Boy, Starfire, and Raven, along with Kid Flash and Wonder Girl), so maybe I can skip ahead to some of the later Justice League issues and they'll be better.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
Blackest Night would be one of the sickest adaptations ever if DC and WB weren't so inconsistent and stupid

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Team Dark weren't friends, they were family.

Shadow is the hard ass but loving brother. He'd do anything for them, no matter how illegal.

Rouge is the sister who is popular on [Redacted] and is also the breadwinner of the bunch. Also good at scamming governments.

Omega is the cousin who probably has a crack addiction. He also hates the other brother that Shadow and Rouge don't talk about anymore. Will also kill them if they take away his addiction.
Who’s Team Dark :079:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

it’s crazy when you think about how it went from being the DCEU’s original start up to DC and WB (before and after they added the D to their name) have struggled to find the right times to add any of them…9 years…

the Tomorrowverse has a Green Lantern movie coming out soon, and that universe started late 2020. Kinda embarrassing to have been outdone by 2 animated movie universes so quickly

also they could really go for a Feige type of leader
Man, Green lantern is a cool series they just won't let mainstream forms of entertainment actually show it lol
cause of a single movie bomb (but at least the animated movie and Young Justice making the Green Lantern show canon to it has given them some good attention)
Blackest Night would be one of the sickest adaptations ever if DC and WB weren't so inconsistent and stupid
better pray they do Flashpoint decently well enough

Shroob

Sup?
God

All this talk about One Piece has made me dig up another favorite series of mine.

It may have been extremely frustrating at times

But **** it

Bleach was a good series, and the anime's music kicked ASS

Also it gave us Yoruichi and :nifty:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom