• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Who thought this would be good?

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I am going to start streaming my modded WoL Randomizer Nuzlocke on Saturday.

I'll post a more official announcement then, but it'll be a good time.

To give a small teaser, the Jane wars aren't over. ;)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
When One Piece does end, I wonder what kinda ripple effect it'll have on the anime industry as a whole.

Like, the series is basically legendary at this point right up there with stuff like Dragon Ball.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Drew Luigi based off of a meme post a while ago, but since I set a schedule for my art, it' was out kind of late. It do be like that.

I'll be honest I think Billy Hatcher is one of SEGA's most mid franchises. It can stay dead for all I care lol
Now Vectorman, THAT'S Peak Fiction.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
When One Piece does end, I wonder what kinda ripple effect it'll have on the anime industry as a whole.

Like, the series is basically legendary at this point right up there with stuff like Dragon Ball.
I would put it above Dragon Ball tbh. It's the best selling manga in the world and is the second best selling comic book series period after Superman. It's a legend in its own right.

As for what will happen after it ends, my guess is that we'll see an influx of One Piece imitators in hope of being the next big thing. And honestly I can't imagine what the next big thing would be. I haven't been an anime fan for most of my life and yet I've been aware of the big three for pretty much my entire life, and I can't imagine what the shonen landscape would look like without any of them. I doubt I'm alone in this

One Piece Kai pls?

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Nintendo making a 1-2 switch sequel only for it to test atrociously is a Nintendo moment if I ever saw one, lol

Anywhoz, If 1-2 switch can get a sequel does that mean ARMS 2 is still on the cards?

Please? :drsad:
We need ARMS 2. The original had such a great base to build upon.

There's just so much more they should do for it.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Vectorman is even more mid
How dare you.

Well, Oda will have a gajillion dollars for sure, slightly less than a Morbillion. But I imagine Jump will have to try and find another major hit on their hands. Demon Slayer didn't drag things out and just ended, MHA is about to end soon-ish, Dragon Ball and Jojo are in alternate Monthly Jump books, so I don't know how Boruto and Black Clover are supposed to carry the main Jump book. Spy Family ain't a main book series either I don't think, it's a part of their web comic line.

Toei may or may not just do more DB content, as there's like 2 movies and two manga arcs that can be adapted in to an anime)and probably more when its actually done). And if it looks anywhere close to modern One Piece/DBS Broly or End of Super it'd look nice. They've also got a couple Magical Girl franchises they put a ton of money into.

I still feel like most of the interesting discussion is still on the Manga side of things.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I would put it above Dragon Ball tbh. It's the best selling manga in the world and is the second best selling comic book series period after Superman. It's a legend in its own right.

As for what will happen after it ends, my guess is that we'll see an influx of One Piece imitators in hope of being the next big thing. And honestly I can't imagine what the next big thing would be. I haven't been an anime fan for most of my life and yet I've been aware of the big three for pretty much my entire life, and I can't imagine what the shonen landscape would look like without any of them. I doubt I'm alone in this

One Piece Kai pls?
Tbh, I'd put DB over OP. OP may have sold more but DB is THE shohen series and, alongside Pokemon, is responsible for popularizing anime and manga all over the world.

Super Saiyan alone inspired an entire generation of writers.

Shroob

Sup?
Tbh, I'd put DB over OP. OP may have sold more but DB is THE shohen series and, alongside Pokemon, is responsible for popularizing anime and manga all over the world.

Super Saiyan alone inspired an entire generation of writers.
Yeah, I'd def put Dragon Ball at the 1# spot in terms of manga, since soo many series pull from it.

But OP is definitely the 2# in terms of long-running series.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
A small hope for Scarlet and Violet.

Can we get a proper intro animation?

For whatever reason, they’ve kinda stopped doing those. LGPE, SWSH, PLA…none of them had intro animations. Only BDSP did.

I miss em:drsad:
Somehow never noticed they were missing when I played them but now that it's pointed out to me I miss them so much. Weird.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Well, Oda will have a gajillion dollars for sure, slightly less than a Morbillion. But I imagine Jump will have to try and find another major hit on their hands. Demon Slayer didn't drag things out and just ended, MHA is about to end soon-ish, Dragon Ball and Jojo are in alternate Monthly Jump books, so I don't know how Boruto and Black Clover are supposed to carry the main Jump book. Spy Family ain't a main book series either I don't think, it's a part of their web comic line.

Toei may or may not just do more DB content, as there's like 2 movies and two manga arcs that can be adapted in to an anime)and probably more when its actually done). And if it looks anywhere close to modern One Piece/DBS Broly or End of Super it'd look nice. They've also got a couple Magical Girl franchises they put a ton of money into.

I still feel like most of the interesting discussion is still on the Manga side of things.
From what I heard Black Clover is also gonna end soon-ish. Jujutsu Kaisen is also a thing and is a mega hit in its own right (it outperformed both One Piece and Demon Slayer last year), but from what I understand it's not gonna last very long either according to the author. Then there's Hunter x Hunter which is about to come out of hiatus, but who knows for how long...

Either way, this is a question we won't have to ponder for at least half a decade. Jump is probably gonna look pretty different from now by that point

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
From what I heard Black Clover is also gonna end soon-ish. Jujutsu Kaisen is also a thing and is a mega hit in its own right (it outperformed both One Piece and Demon Slayer last year), but from what I understand it's not gonna last very long either according to the author. Then there's Hunter x Hunter which is about to come out of hiatus, but who knows for how long...

Either way, this is a question we won't have to ponder for at least half a decade. Jump is probably gonna look pretty different from now by that point
JJK thriving?

I won.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030

Yeah, Most of their current big series are heading towards their finish line. Which is fine and all, but I can imagine some of the suits might be worried. I think Hunter X Hunter is supposed to have 6 new chapters? Maybe it was 4. Either way there's at least a month of new content. I do wonder if switching to a monthly release would be easier on Togashi or not.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Just gonna say

Dalle mini is one of the most blursed things I've ever seen.

You've probably seen it. That bot that makes 9 images depending on the prompt you give it.
Scares the hell out of me tbh. It's funny but also AI should not be getting this good.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Yeah, Most of their current big series are heading towards their finish line. Which is fine and all, but I can imagine some of the suits might be worried. I think Hunter X Hunter is supposed to have 6 new chapters? Maybe it was 4. Either way there's at least a month of new content. I do wonder if switching to a monthly release would be easier on Togashi or not.
Actually Togashi is aiming to finish 10 chapters before the manga returns.

I don't think switching to a monthly magazine would do any good for Togashi because while he'd likely have a healthier schedule on paper, he would also have to write meatier chapters each month which would likely cancel that out

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom