• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
One Piece is loved by many and really does go deeper and deeper and seemsbto have no signs of ending.

You know who else is loved by many and goes deeper and deeper and has no signs of ending?
View attachment 354230
Mid
I intend to keep my word.

It was a silly bet I made over a decade ago but

View attachment 354231
...when did you stop reading the manga? Cause if it was when I think you did, I can see why. Fish-Man Island and Punk Hazard are the weakest stretches of the series but it gets better afterwards

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
...when did you stop reading the manga? Cause if it was when I think you did, I can see why. Fish-Man Island and Punk Hazard are the weakest stretches of the series but it gets better afterwards
tl;dr

It was right after the timeskip part.

Naruto had gone through its timeskip by that point and it was getting progressively, IMO, worse and worse, and started to no longer really feel like the series I originally liked.

Then One Piece did a timeskip and "Oh god oh ****." It was an impulse drop I admit, entirely on me.

That, and it was getting harder and harder to even find manga sites, since even back then in some of the more wild west days of the internet, manga sites lived fast and died hard, and eventually, all the sites I used to use just died.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Reading through this thread, One Piece fans are never beating the "It gets better at chapter 42710481 gazillion, I promise" allegations
I don't know when the walk to arlong park is in the manga but I do think you should keep reading if you enjoy that scene

It's episode 50 something in the anime

Hockeyfan44

Smash Journeyman
NNID
Shockwv478
Went to the Overwatch League Kickoff Clash West in Dallas, and they had beta access to OW2 at a pair of 5 seat stations in the lobby (it's not a big lobby at all),, and I got a chance to play...and oh man, playing on PC....yeah, I'm not used to it. I'm a Switch exclusivist, so playing on PC was such a surreal experience. Eventually I do plan on getting a gaming PC, and maybe eventually I'll get more comfortable using a keyboard rather than a portable.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
I have

One

Week left

And like, I basically know I'm doomed because it'd be EXTREMELY unlike Luffy to turn her down at this point but

I'm not done yet. :dr^_^:
About that
I'm worried One Piece is going to go in a similar fashion to Berserk with how long One Piece is. The mangaka ends up dying before the manga is even finished.
About that

Holy **** we're gonna see actual gameplay now. This is gonna make or break it for good
ABOUT THAT

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
So I’ve been watching Parks and Rec, and I better not see any Chris Pratt slander. He’s hilarious in that and one of the most supportive characters in that show. He plays off of Audrey Plaza well.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I can't believe Oda tweeted about preparing for the final act on the exact day we discussed how close One Piece is to ending

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
The IGN preview guy mentioned not having enough momentum at one point to get on top of the giant robot

Frontiers is good now
1654619813750.png

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Those anyone remember these things from Epic Mickey

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Jaki race:

1654620222545.png

“I’m Jaki Gremlin. Come on, why are you so slow, let’s go, we have stuff to fix, no time to waste, go!”

Alignment: Dark-Neutral

Origin: English mythology. A gremlin is a mischievous creature that causes malfunctions in aircraft or other machinery. The term originates in Royal Air Force slang in the 1920s. Gremlins were commonly blamed for inexplicable technical failures and thought to be self-serving beings with no interest in human conflict. They have a child-like intelligence but a high aptitude for anything mechanical. Used postage stamps are their favorite food.

Skills: Zio, Sukukaja, Dream Fist

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Fallen race.

Roald Dahl is one of the main reasons these little ****s are as popular as they are now. Earlier games depicted Gremlin with a more conventional design but I like this electrical genie look better, with haphazard bolts scattered around and zipping around at light speed. It also bears an uncanny resemblance to Poltergeist which may be intentional due to their similar natures.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

Am always down for more creature movies on trolls or other norse creatures such as Ragnarok (2013). :D

Wonder if this secretly set in the same universe as Trollhunter.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
So in just one day we got, One Piece having a month long break, Berserk manga is continuing after Miura's death, IGN is loving a Sonic game and Crashboards.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom