• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
Ever considered reading faster?
1654564313314.png

Actually, it looks like a majority of ye olden sites are long gone, and a large majority of manga sites won't touch Viz properties....

And to read old chapters on the Viz site, you need to pay.

Maybe being poor has its benefits

AndreaAC

Ridley's Propaganda Artist
We first concepted this in August of 2021... and FINALLY the first Asteria minicomic is finished! AGH I'M VERY HAPPY WITH THIS!
There was a problem fetching the tweet
Noipoi Noipoi Wademan94 Wademan94 TheMightyP TheMightyP Shroob Shroob M MooMew64 @Metal Shop X AndreaAC AndreaAC @Pokelego999
:3 Congrats on the comic, it looks great! I don't have time right now to read it thoroughly, but if I remind myself I might give it some time! :) Keep up the amazing work! u w u And more of the purple fluffy baby, the better.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Guys, I just want to say I am sorry. I have calmed down, but after what I said, I am not sure I can come back to this thread. Maybe I should remain in exile as this is the third time I have done this, not counting other threads. Who knows if this will happen again and when?
That's literally entirely up to you
Old man rant

I think my hang up with One Piece is just, it doesn't feel like it'll ever end.

One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach were the **** back in ye-olden 2000's, but the difference between these series is that Bleach and Naruto eventually ended(Albeit, now Boruto exists), yet One Piece is still... somehow going all these years later.

I do love the series, I deeply respect the series but

It's over 1k chapters long at this point, Jesus, Mary and Joseph
It's actually closer to being finished than ever now, like I imagine it's gonna be a good couple of years before it's gonna end but it feels like the end is in sight

Also with One Piece I kinda feel like it was designed to go on for that long unlike Naruto and Bleach. The scale is so unlike that of any other series that it'd be a waste to contain it to just several hundred chapters

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Old man rant

I think my hang up with One Piece is just, it doesn't feel like it'll ever end.

One Piece, Naruto, and Bleach were the **** back in ye-olden 2000's, but the difference between these series is that Bleach and Naruto eventually ended(Albeit, now Boruto exists), yet One Piece is still... somehow going all these years later.

I do love the series, I deeply respect the series but

It's over 1k chapters long at this point, Jesus, Mary and Joseph
It seems to be nearing the end, at least. The big arc that the series has been building up to for the past 10-ish years is wrapping up, and by the time that it's done, the main cast will have almost everything that they need to find the treasure that the series is named after.

Mind you, it probably doesn't help that the ongoing arc has been absurdly long - thanks to having a ton of side characters, subplots, etc., and Oda's output slowing down since he seems to get one break a month in addition to magazine-wide breaks, this one arc has lasted four years. Apparently, it's better to read it all at once rather than reading it weekly, but it's still been dragged out to a ridiculously large extent, even with several fights and other key events seemingly being rushed through.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
It seems to be nearing the end, at least. The big arc that the series has been building up to for the past 10-ish years is wrapping up, and by the time that it's done, the main cast will have almost everything that they need to find the treasure that the series is named after.

Mind you, it probably doesn't help that the ongoing arc has been absurdly long - thanks to having a ton of side characters, subplots, etc., and Oda's output slowing down since he seems to get one break a month in addition to magazine-wide breaks, this one arc has lasted four years. Apparently, it's better to read it all at once rather than reading it weekly, but it's still been dragged out to a ridiculously large extent, even with several fights and other key events seemingly being rushed through.
Yeah, except they’ll probably do something to extend the lifespan of the manga…again. :p

Shroob

Sup?
That's literally entirely up to you

It's actually closer to being finished than ever now, like I imagine it's gonna be a good couple of years before it's gonna end but it feels like the end is in sight

Also with One Piece I kinda feel like it was designed to go on for that long unlike Naruto and Bleach. The scale is so unlike that of any other series that it'd be a waste to contain it to just several hundred chapters
I heard the exact same thing 10 years ago lol.

I have to question, if the story's 'almost over', what'd be the point of adding a new character this late into the story.

One Piece ain't gonna end before this decade's over lol.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
In my case, yeah actually.
The author of One Piece seems to have planned a lot of the details of the story because it has stayed pretty consistent over the years and every twist feels natural. One Piece isn't as long as it is because of being artificially prolonged by Jump's mandate, it's this long because the scale of its world ans story can't be properly shown in just a few hundred chapters.

There is literally no way to extend it any further after they find the One Piece and take down the Government. One Piece will end by the end of the decade, or at least very early into the next one.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
The author of One Piece seems to have planned a lot of the details of the story because it has stayed pretty consistent over the years and every twist feels natural. One Piece isn't as long as it is because of being artificially prolonged by Jump's mandate, it's this long because the scale of its world ans story can't be properly shown in just a few hundred chapters.

There is literally no way to extend it any further after they find the One Piece and take down the Government. One Piece will end by the end of the decade, or at least very early into the next one.
I just want to see it end. I wish I could simply believe that.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I may not have read it, but I do wanna know when it will end already.
Last estimate that I've seen is about four or five years, and that's been pretty consistent. The main problem is that the author keeps coming up with ideas haha - at the very least, there's still a lot of passion behind it, and it wasn't dragged out like Death Note was (where they seemingly wanted to reach a certain chapter count for symbolic reasons, and called themselves out on it in their next manga) or like Bleach was. (where the final arc lasted about four years, introduced tons of new characters that served no purpose, and ended extremely abruptly)

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
but yeah

My bet hinges entirely if this new person joins or not

And it's looking like I'm gonna lose.

Though again, I ask. What's the point of introducing a new main character in the "end" of the story :drshrug:

Shroob

Sup?
ahem

I'm 31 years old and I got through the whole manga in about 3 weeks :yoshi:
I mean

I'm the same age as you

It's just finding the time/motivation to do so lol. You see that mountain and you have one of three reactions:

A) "I am going to overcome this."
B) "Oh god oh **** it's huge."
C) "I'll read some.....tomorrow.... for real this time, promise."

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I mean

I'm the same age as you

It's just finding the time/motivation to do so lol. You see that mountain and you have one of three reactions:

A) "I am going to overcome this."
B) "Oh god oh **** it's huge."
C) "I'll read some.....tomorrow.... for real this time, promise."
Just give yourself a daily chapter goal and before you know it you'll be binging it

Speaking from experience

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I'm worried One Piece is going to go in a similar fashion to Berserk with how long One Piece is. The mangaka ends up dying before the manga is even finished.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm worried One Piece is going to go in a similar fashion to Berserk with how long One Piece is. The mangaka ends up dying before the manga is even finished.
Wasn't Berserk's biggest issue was it was in a monthly serial, meaning there were long, long gaps between chapters?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
but yeah

My bet hinges entirely if this new person joins or not

And it's looking like I'm gonna lose.

Though again, I ask. What's the point of introducing a new main character in the "end" of the story :drshrug:
It happens. Mass Effect 2 introduced Legion as a playable character at the very end of the game, and he became a fan favourite.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Pretty sure Oda has gone on record saying he has a contingency plan in the event of his death. It's pretty ****ed that it's a real possibility that he acknowledged, but that's the manga Industry for ya

Shroob

Sup?
Luffy is unconscious right now so you might have to wait more than a week
But c'mon

It's ****ing obvious it's going to happen

She has the sob backstory
She has the promise with Ace
And she's literally just invited herself onboard right now

There's basically no way Luffy says "No" unless literally something happens that keeps her where she is.

And I think that'd piss a lot of people off at this point if Yamato's fan art numbers are anything to go by.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
But c'mon

It's ****ing obvious it's going to happen

She has the sob backstory
She has the promise with Ace
And she's literally just invited herself onboard right now

There's basically no way Luffy says "No" unless literally something happens that keeps her where she is.

And I think that'd piss a lot of people off at this point if Yamato's fan art numbers are anything to go by.
Well, yeah. I only said it'll be a bit before we get full confirmation.

Do I think Yamato's joining the crew? Yeah

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I'm currently hanging out at my sister's house, enjoying her more powerful internet connection. Now I can re-download and install updates on my Switch.

I re-download Overwatch and Borderlands 2, and I plan on mayhap downloading something new.

But I had to make space on my Switch, and it pains me to say it, but Doom Eternal was a huge game. So, it had to go. I also removed Minecraft, and I promise that this is the last time I Uninstall Minecraft.

Also, Shroob Shroob is a big boy mushroom guy. I have nothing further to say.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom