• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
God

All this talk about One Piece has made me dig up another favorite series of mine.

It may have been extremely frustrating at times

But **** it

Bleach was a good series, and the anime's music kicked ASS

Also it gave us Yoruichi and :nifty:
Bleach's first arc is still one of my favorites in any shonen manga so ye

Shroob

Sup?
Bleach's first arc is still one of my favorites in any shonen manga so ye
I kinda fell off around Hueco Mundo, and got really burnt out at the Quincy arc, but

I still have a lot of the anime songs and **** favorited to listen to.

That rebellious, punk aesthetic came right at the perfect time in my life to click with me.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Me who started with MHA because I saw high schoolers and color and I was a high schooler of color.

I have no clue how the manga goes but I am tempted to read it since the anime takes forever.

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
Also shoutouts to Bleach for doing irreperable damage to my taste in men with Urahara.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Coincidentally, most is of Mirko. Gee, I dunno how I would.
I wonder why.

Granted, whem I was younger I always had a bit of a thing for Kyoka Jirou, the girl with the headphone jacks on her ears. Now that I'm older, I can say that her personality is still one that I'd go after (though I do not find her attractive anymore) so I guess I've been altered a bit in that way.

Shroob

Sup?
I wonder why.

Granted, whem I was younger I always had a bit of a thing for Kyoka Jirou, the girl with the headphone jacks on her ears. Now that I'm older, I can say that her personality is still one that I'd go after (though I do not find her attractive anymore) so I guess I've been altered a bit in that way.
Speaking of her, how far did the anime get? Mirko I mean.

Cause the manga has a huge drop irt her.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

The guy who predicted Sora as Fighter 11
NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
I still need to actually read MHA.

But I've probably got a bet to lose soon so :halfsheep:
Honestly?

I think MHA's overrated. Read it when it's finished or something because I'd say it's not worth it right now.

Also if you end up watching the anime don't watch the anime past Season 3 it takes a dip in quality there and it never gets back to the heights of Seasons 1 and 2.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
It's actually funny.

The day I talked about potentially losing my bet irt One Piece and having to read it, Oda officially confirms the story's in its final saga.

......what series should I kill next? And why is it Boruto? :nifty:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Ah.

Yeah, I'll stay quiet then.
I'm pretty sure I know what happens considering how Hori writes his ladies. I know for a fact the one of them... yeah
This is definitely not real but the last point would be hype as hell:
View attachment 354295

Would be a hell of a twist.
Wes from Coliseum? Seriously?

I mean would be cool but why would they just now bring back the Orre region?

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I was messing around with Dall-e mini
"Rabbits working at a Starbucks as a Barista"
Screenshot_20220608-003547_Brave.jpg

This is definitely not real but the last point would be hype as hell:

2DD40B69-1BC8-4466-8D1E-AAA13767DCF2.jpeg

Would be a hell of a twist.
He had me up until ****ing Wes and then he lost me. Not because I don't want it but because that sounds way too good to be true

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
I'm pretty sure I know what happens considering how Hori writes his ladies. I know for a fact the one of them... yeah

She doesn't die. I'll say that much. But you've probably seen if you've seen any official art floating around.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
A534D8D2-C641-4650-BC92-8E3045665554.jpeg
and I guess it’s important to say how Beast Boy/”Beast Boy” got shot in the head by Deathstroke

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Because they would have finally seen the light and saw how good orre was

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

They gotta hype the remakes of Colosseum and Gale of Darkness.

Right???

But to be fair, a lot of cities in the game like Phenac City kinda go with the city designs in scarlet and violet.

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
No he's a shohen mangaka, of course he can't. It's a requirement for the job.
Shonen authors write a strong, compelling female character challenge [IMPOSSIBLE]

JJK actually does a pretty good job with this. Maki is a certifiable badass and I love her.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?

Right???

But to be fair, a lot of cities in the game like Phenac City kinda go with the city designs in scarlet and violet.
Well

Orre is supposed to be Arizona iirc

S/V is supposed to be Spain

Kinda a huge difference.

Reactions: Z25

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Shonen authors write a strong, compelling female character challenge [IMPOSSIBLE]
Mangaka artists remembering that they created female protagonists at the start of the series (the manga is concluding)

JJK actually does a pretty good job with this. Maki is a certifiable badass and I love her.
I'm more of a fan of Nobara, even though I know what happens to her, but she'll probs come back and learn domain expansion off screen or some ****.

Maki's reallly cool too.

Last edited:

DaybreakHorizon

NNID
tehponycorn
3DS FC
4253-3486-4603
Mangaka artists remembering that they created female protagonists at the start of the series (the manga is concluding)

I'm more of a fan of Nobara, even though I know what happens to her, but she'll probs come back and learn domain expansion off screen or some ****.

Maki's reallly cool too.
Pretty sure the next arc in the manga is going to be Nobara-centric or have her incorporated somehow, though I'm not caught up on the manga.

Shroob

Sup?
I'm kinda dreading the One Piece dive(Assuming I do lose which.... yeah I'm gonna lose)

But who knows. It's been years since I've sat my ass down and read a manga. And One Piece was one of those series I grew up on. Honestly, it's just the chapter count I dread.

Maybe it'll be fun!.................right? :drfacepalm:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Well

Kinda a huge difference.
Oh I know, I’m just saying some places share similar vibes. But obviously there aren’t massive canyons and what not in Spain.

Nothing really stops them from using Wes and there doesn’t need to be a reason.Corless and Grimsley were in alola for no damn region.

Fantina and looker were somehow absent from the games that had their home regions. So really anything is possible, but GF probably won’t use a character they didn’t make.

Shroob

Sup?
Oh I know, I’m just saying some places share similar vibes. But obviously there aren’t massive canyons and what not in Spain.

Nothing really stops them from using Wes and there doesn’t need to be a reason.Corless and Grimsley were in alola for no damn region.

Fantina and looker were somehow absent from the games that had their home regions. So really anything is possible, but GF probably won’t use a character they didn’t make.
This would imply that TPC acknowledges the existence of Coli/GoD as mainline entries and not spinoffs they'd like to forget exist.

Reactions: Z25

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Well

Kinda a huge difference.
Spain colonized Arizona in like the 1500's so they're basically the same place and can be used interchangeably.

Right???

Unironically I think remastering the XD games would be a great business idea. Because they're already in 3D they would be a lot easier to remake than any other pre-Gen 6 Pokemon game, and since they were on the under-preforming GameCube they would essentially brand new games to most people. If they do well there's proof there's a market for lower budget, experimental mid-gen Pokemon games, and that would lighten the load on Gamefreak a little.

Will it happen? Probably not, I'd say there's about a 5% chance

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
This would imply that TPC acknowledges the existence of Coli/GoD as mainline entries and not spinoffs they'd like to forget exist.
I mean the manaphy event kinda makes the ranger games canon.

We also got Pokémon snap 2 all these years later, so honestly TPC must like just throwing darts at a board, and go “yeah let’s remind people this exists”

Yet we still have no Conquest Two or a mobile ranger game.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
MHA is some mid. Peaked at the Yakuza arc and then had a meteoric drop in quality that started with the next arc. I dropped it after the villain arc

I would argue that Oda can write good female characters. Sometimes. Though unfortunately he can't draw them.

But yeah JJK is the pinnacle of female character writing in shonen, with Maki actually being my favorite character in the series. Not only is she a ****ing badass but she's also an incredibly relatable and inspiring character for me personally

Shroob

Sup?
MHA is some mid. Peaked at the Yakuza arc and then had a meteoric drop in quality that started with the next arc. I dropped it after the villain arc

I would argue that Oda can write good female characters. Sometimes. Though unfortunately he can't draw them.

But yeah JJK is the pinnacle of female character writing in shonen, with Maki actually being my favorite character in the series. Not only is she a ****ing badass but she's also an incredibly relatable and inspiring character for me personally
This'll be a hot as hell take, but I'll flat out say that Oda's artstyle is probably the weakest part of One Piece.

It's iconic for sure, but it's definitely.... well, messy and cluttered at times is one way to describe it, and humanoid characters got some wack af proportions at times which you can definitely tell aren't intentional(Hands are a big one for this. I remember early on Nami had some huge ****ing hands).

Though, granted, I'm also not super much of a fan of Toriyama's style either so, crucify me. :nifty:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Gotta say, I'm interested in how the rest of OP will go after the break. Off the top of my head we have a ton of plot threads left to unravel;

Zoro meeting Mihawk again
Usopp going to Elbaf
Shanks meeting Luffy again(and maybe the consequences of Barto burning Shanks flag comes back to bite him who knows)
Finding the last unknown Road Polyglyph
Whatever the **** happened to Sabo + the revolutionary army as a whole
Blackbeard v Luffy will probably happen at some point

and those are just the ones off the top of my head :yoshi:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom