• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Ohhhhh boy, Toby Fox just announced he's composing for Scarlet and Violet, haha.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Sonic Frontiers looks mid as ****. It's the Hire this Man meme/song but unironically and I hate it.

Language disclaimer

Last edited by a moderator:

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Ohhhhh boy, Toby Fox just announced he's composing for Scarlet and Violet, haha.
The Champion battle theme ends up having parts of Megalovania in it.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
What cursed Homestuck songs will he sample this time?

Ramen Tengoku

Meiniac
Switch FC
SW-6056-3633-7710
Still not sure what version of Pokemon to get

I prefer the Scarlet legendary and it's professor, but the Violet outfits look way better than the Scarlet ones. Hopefully you aren't regulated to those colors, but idk.

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Still not sure what version of Pokemon to get

I prefer the Scarlet legendary and it's professor, but the Violet outfits look way better than the Scarlet ones. Hopefully you aren't regulated to those colors, but idk.
If outfit customization returns, which I think it will, the exclusive outfits won't even matter.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

The Champion battle theme ends up having parts of Megalovania in it.
I have nothing against Toby's music-making capabilities but please no more Megalovania

Arcanir

An old friend evolved
NNID
Shoryu91
3DS FC
4253-4855-5860
Just saw the new Pokemon trailer.

The Starters look so lovely in 3D. They already looked great while in 2D form, but they are now officially one of my favorite set in 3D entirely, about on par with the base forms of the Gen 7 Starters for me. Legendaries are also solid, probably my favorite duo set since Gen 5 which is funny since one of them shares a typing with their predecessor though I will admit the wheel on Koraidon looks a little out of place when compared to its counterpart. I still think I lean more towards Koraidon despite that, but again both are great, I just hope the game uses them well this time around.

The other Pokemon are just OK right now, none of them really speak to me and are pushing me to go out and get them like some of the other earlier revealed Pokemon in previous generations. We'll see what they evolve into though as that may convince me otherwise like the pig, that one may be great based on rumors.

Also, it will be interesting to see how the open world feature goes. So far it looks good and I do like the flexibility to do what you want in your adventure, which is something we haven't had since Johto with its split after Gym 3 and even then not to the same extent. I do look forward to seeing how we're able to make our own adventure in that regard and I hope the region delivers.

All in all, looks great, I can't wait to see more in the future.

I'll check out the Sonic Frontier footage when I get hope, I have to get ready for work.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Masuda is out so they had to bring out the big guns for the soundtrack

I'm down for Toby

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There are rumors about the typings. Don’t read if you wanna be surprised.
Koraidon is Dragon/Fighting
Miraidon is Dragon/Electric

Allegedly, that is.
This is very interesting for a few reasons.

The first being the second legends typing doesn’t make sense given it’s design. Which means it could be right and weird, but it could be wrong.

Something worth nothing though is khu the same leaker, said the legends wont be on the box but that’s a lie.

He also leaked the new pig overload yesterday but said it was white. So either he knows the evolution, or he wasn’t entirely accurate with it either.

So for now, not everything he says has been spot on, but who knows if that’s intentional or jot

Nah, no make yet.

We’re stuck calling it Pokespain, for now.
or Pain for short.

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
The other Pokemon are just OK right now, none of them really speak to me and are pushing me to go out and get them like some of the other earlier revealed Pokemon in previous generations. We'll see what they evolve into though as that may convince me otherwise like the pig, that one may be great based on rumors.
What rumors? Mind sharing a link? : D

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
-Youe playing Scarlet and Violet

-you’ve just beat the Gamefreak employees, but they tell you someone is here to see you.

-Another composer walks into the room and challenges you to a fight. This starts playing:

How do you react?
I just want to say I called this months ago lol.

Give this man the champion theme.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ayo Z25 Z25 Noipoi Noipoi do you have a link to these leaks you speak of?
What rumors? Mind sharing a link? : D
It’s hard to give a full breakdown but I’ll link this video that sums up recent stuff, and I’ll throw a few other things khu has said:

Some other riddles that the leaker has put out indicate,

-the legends are rideable in overworld

-a bull Pokémon ( likely Taurus) is getting a regional and possibly evolution.

-Legends typings but that was covered.

-New riddles suggest that like people suggest starters become grass dark, fire ghost, water fighting. Something Khu found boring of people to request when it was obvious what the typings are.

-He knows of the new Waifu mon and may post thet if people want the info.

-He knows most if not all of the Dex and the object mon.

-Hes fueled speculation that the gimmick invoked 3 types.

-There’s a water ground Pokémon thet gets a regional. Likely whiscash but could be quagsire.

I think that’s everything so far. He posts quite often though so you could follow their account or just watch daily rumor videos.

Oracle Link

Smash Master
I mean i get it its Spain and Portugal but my god the Names are just to difficult to pronnunce!
Usualy the names Get localized so i have no idea what happend here?
I do hope the german names are more Pronnuncable for my Poor German Tongue!
Other Wise I will just describe the pokemon Instead!

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
I feel like the Pokemon fans on Twitter weren't actually toxic today. Everyone seems happy with this announcement.

The Sonic fans on the other hand...

Noipoi

Howdy!
I feel like the Pokemon fans on Twitter weren't actually toxic today. Everyone seems happy with this announcement.
The fanbase in general has seemed more chill since the release of PLA.

Not to say there hasn't been petty BS, there always is. But I've noticed less of it.

Back in the Sw/Sh days things were more aggressive, even before the dex cut announcement. I remember the starter arguments getting brutal. But everyone was respectful about differing opinions on the gen 9 starters.

It's weird, but not unwelcome :nifty:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
The fanbase in general has seemed more chill since the release of PLA.

Not to say there hasn't been petty BS, there always is. But I've noticed less of it.

Back in the Sw/Sh days things were more aggressive, even before the dex cut announcement. I remember the starter arguments getting brutal. But everyone was respectful about differing opinions on the gen 9 starters.

It's weird, but not unwelcome :nifty:
It's probably cause people are curious about what the hell this new gen is gonna be like. Nonlinear open world, seemingly bigger differences between versions now, actual multiplayer exploring, weed cat being made real, AND an adorable little piggy? **** man, how can anyone be mad at that

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom