• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
LOL The people in the chat for the IGN Sonic video are mentioning Morbius and making Morbius memes over and over again.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Said this before somewhere else, but...

Surprised they did not show off combat, but the game looks beautiful! It is very nice, and so is the music. I love the mysterious feeling from the tone of what we saw. Can't wait for more news here. What do you all think? I also like that you could run along hills.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
6660-1506-8804
For a first impression that was boring as hell

I need to see someone actually play the game instead of slowing down to go "Ooooh Aaaaah" at the Hire That Man stuff to have a proper opinion

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Call me a doomer but I am not too optimistic about Frontiers atm.

Now they said there's more thoughout June, but that first impression was some hot mid. Obviously it's unfinished but man does it look rough atm.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Call me a doomer but I am not too optimistic about Frontiers atm.

Now they said there's more thoughout June, but that first impression was some hot mid. Obviously it's unfinished but man does it look rough atm.
I understand. At least it does look good so far. I just wish they had some combat shown.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
Was there a single shuttle loop anywhere in that footage? I don't think so.

I'm going to be disappointed if we don't see some more actual Sonic level staples in this world aside from rails, springs, and dash pads.

Last edited:

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
I mean yeah visually it looks fine... except Sonic looks really out of place.

Idk, if I had to summarize my thoughts, it would be it looks like a Tech Demo x Hire This Man. Blue Blur gotta do more to win my heart over.
Keep in mind that this is only the beginning. That means they will show off things bit by bit as time goes on, and while that does not guarantee it will be better, things are better "savored", for a lack of a better word, over time than all at once. You know what I mean?

Jondolio

Smash Hero
My thoughts on Frontiers so far:

It looks like a really dumb way to put Sonic in an open world setting. It's a good concept on paper since Sonic's speed would lend itself really well to such an open environment, but they chose the most generic green plains with the most generic ill fitting music. It 100% feels like a "hire that man" video from the mid 10s

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I have eaten pizza and watched the video.

While the world this take place in is a little empty, it looks quite pretty overall, and seems fun to run around in. But MAN we did not get much from that. I have absolutely no doubt that the game has stuff to do in it... so why weren't we shown any of that stuff to do, haha- That felt more like a tech demo than it did a gameplay showcase, which is a really weird way to market this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom