• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Shroob

Sup?
I feel like the server browser still has its niches. Trade servers, Zombie Mod, Surf, Vs. Saxton Hale, you can't access custom modes like that with matchmaking.
I mean, yeah, but those are all unofficial modes, something that a large majority of players probably don't even know exist. Those are more for the established, long term player.

I'm just talking from a pick up and play perspective here. It's honestly easier to just queue up for a game on say, Borneo or Nucleus than having to wade through a server browser and hope you find a server hosting a map.

Aurane

ㅤㅤㅤㅤ
I just do stuff like slender fortress and other horror Tf2 servers. I really like to hang around **** maps like 2fort and bully engineers because they're ****in turtles.

Last edited:

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Knowing valve actually implementing a fix that people will like is a low probability same with making a big update, very little chance of that happening.

Either they will do jack **** or do something like "Free to plays cannot join official matchmaking" or something like that.

Capybara Gaming

Just Vibing
You know, I heard a lot of criticisms of this game but this is the first time I ever heard someone say Sonic controls bad.

Now of course I can't really debate on your personal opinions but if we're talking like as an objective levels it's pretty competent amd well made game. Everything works, levels are well designed and memorable, good soundtrack, tight controls. I'd say for the majority, it's pretty entertaining.
Going from 0 to 60 then stopping on a ****ing dime doesn't strike me as tight controls. Not even mentioning the homing attack doesn't work right

Shroob

Sup?
Knowing valve actually implementing a fix that people will like is a low probability same with making a big update, very little chance of that happening.

Either they will do jack **** or do something like "Free to plays cannot join official matchmaking" or something like that.
I'm guessing jack **** tbh.

Actions speak louder than words. I remember last year when Gabe said they had 'plans' for the bots anddddddddddd.... nothing.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Free to plays cannot join official matchmaking" or something like that.
You chose to play what's essentially a Quake mod (and not just a sequel to one)

Now you must learn the ways of the Quakedad by finding a server instead of matchmaking

---

鉄腕
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
By the way, Japan got one different SNES game this time.

Umihara Kawase
Japan automatically wins this round then. Umihara Kawase is probably an acquired taste but is definitely better than other games here. They should really just give us all the Black Box games and be done with it.

Would recommend the GameCenter CX episode for it. The creators of the game were openly sending angry fax messages to Arino when he kept messing up. :mad088:

Also the 3DS game is an eShop exclusive in most regions. Make to get it while you can.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
It is bad though

Sonic's movement is screwy and barely works properly half the time
Knuckle's treasure hunts aren't fun and Amy's style of gameplay should've been his.
Gamma's stages are just hold the button down to win.
Big the Cat

Tail's levels are the best tied with Gamma because they're the ones I can finish the fastest because I can skip them with Tails and just WM1 like a Pyro with Gamma
Where's my cannon for this guy?

Anyway, Sonic Adventure is at least better than Mario 64. It might take some getting used to, but it is fun, and it was very fun back when it came out. I understand Knuckles and Big, but at least their gameplay styles were not too badly done, or something like Sonic 06. They were still playable. Neither Mario 64 and Sonic Adventure technically aged well, but that does not mean they are that bad, and I think Sonic Adventure is still a (now) underrated gem that, while not perfect, is nowhere as bad as game reviewers and youtubers make it out to be.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's late and I don't have the time to write up something indepth 'cause I have work tomorrow, but like

SA1 is really solid IMO. The same people who accuse it of "aging like milk" are the same people who will turn around and treat SM64 like it's a perfect angel that did nothing wrong and is flawless even today. Mario's weird habit of doing a 360 that makes you fall off of cliffs if you don't let him stand still for a second, the camera, all of Tick Tock Clock and Rainbow ride...I could honestly go on.

Meanwhile, SA1's controls IMO are fluid, responsive and always did what I wanted them to. The spindash is amazingly fun to spam to build up quick speed and take shortcuts when utilizing its momentum for a jump, and just about everyone has fantastic tools for precision platforming. People swear to me that this game is "a slippery mess" and I honest to goodness don't get it. Even the SADX port still feels pretty solid, and modding the Steam port to take it back down to the OG Dreamcast release makes it even better. I really don't get the common arguments made against this game other than YT has been lead by an era of "blue fast rat bad, funny plumber good" 90s kids who seem to have set the entire narrative with no room for discourse. It's disheartening.

Both SA1 and SM64 are good at the end of the day, and this is all subjective, but like...IDK man, seeing both Adventure1 and 2 still get dogged on as hard as they do is wack.

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Also, since I guess Sonic 2 spoilers are fair game (been on digital for a while now)
View attachment 353447

I hope Sonic 3 has more lore elements
You mean
The
Chaos Emeralds?
I'm going to assume you mean the
Chaos Emeralds?
Because if that's what you're concerned about
I've got
One of them
Right here!

Chaos Control!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
ok I’m not going to lie…the Sora/Roxas battle…it is absolutely amazing (and the music legit got me tearing up due to understanding the importance of the fight)

!!!!****ING HELL IM GETTING MESSED UP BY THIS GAME!!!!

Shroob

Sup?
Honestly, I really ought to give Sonic a fair shake.

It's just every time I try playing a Sonic game, there's just something about it I don't like and it just doesn't click.

And then there's SA2 which.... I hate to admit it but I just don't like it.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So wait, they wanna hire a celeb to play Shadow, yeah?

Hear me out: Kirk Thorton played Shadow in the games and Trump in some animated Corgi movie.

So very well know celeb, Donald Trump from hit TV show the Apprentince, should return the favor. He should play irl Trump in real life and Shadow in the movie

Shroob

Sup?
So wait, they wanna hire a celeb to play Shadow, yeah?

Hear me out: Kirk Thorton played Shadow in the games and Trump in some animated Corgi movie.

So very well know celeb, Donald Trump from hit TV show the Apprentince, should return the favor. He should play irl Trump in real life and Shadow in the movie
"Look, this is big. This is gonna be the best Chaos Control ever,"

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Honestly, I really ought to give Sonic a fair shake.

It's just every time I try playing a Sonic game, there's just something about it I don't like and it just doesn't click.

And then there's SA2 which.... I hate to admit it but I just don't like it.
That's fair SA2 is definitely NOT a good entry point (some **** aged HORRIBLY, and imo it's a step down from SA1).

That said, what is it that doesn't click?

Shroob

Sup?
That's fair SA2 is definitely NOT a good entry point (some **** aged HORRIBLY, and imo it's a step down from SA1).

That said, what is it that doesn't click?
I guess when I imagine Sonic I think, well, gotta go fast.

Then I hit Labyrinth Zone as my first real introduction to the series after my less than stellar experience with SA2.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium

Then I hit Labyrinth Zone as my first real introduction to the series after my less than stellar experience with SA2.
I would say those are bad games to start off with then. You should have tried Sonic 2, or Sonic 3 and Knuckles. Those are some of the better games to play in the Sonic franchise.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
"Look, this is big. This is gonna be the best Chaos Control ever,"
Shadow when GUN puts the spotlight on him

Any other games? If not, I reccomend 3&K and Mania for 2D, and Colors and Gens for Boost 3D and SA1 for just regular 3D. If you want a more modern 2D platformer, then Rush and Colors DS are more up your alley. All of these games have the gotta go fast combined with tight platforming and nothing as slow as Labyrinth or Marble Zone (though SA1 has some moments).

Also, if you wanna play Sonic 2, play the Taxman remake, not the original

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Shadow when GUN puts the spotlight on him

Any other games? If not, I reccomend 3&K and Mania for 2D, and Colors and Gens for Boost 3D and SA1 for just regular 3D. If you want a more modern 2D platformer, then Rush and Colors DS are more up your alley. All of these games have the gotta go fast combined with tight platforming and nothing as slow as Labyrinth or Marble Zone (though SA1 has some moments).

Also, if you wanna play Sonic 2, play the Taxman remake, not the original
It's definitely a series I respect, don't get me wrong.

And I love the comics.

But man.

Shroob

Sup?
Speaking of Sonic

Ironically, it has my favorite Friday Night Funkin song.

Also ironically, it's a mod based off Sonic.exe

One of the worst creepypastas ever

.....I guess even trash has some treasure in it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom