• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Speaking of, Nintendo and Panda released the Global invite or something.

That same at the cost of them trying to erase Project Plus's YT presense though so uh Nintendo moment ig.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Speaking of, Nintendo and Panda released the Global invite or something.

That same at the cost of them trying to erase Project Plus's YT presense though so uh Nintendo moment ig.
Is there a source for this? First time I'm hearing about it.

If this is actually them, the funniest thing is that harassing creators on YT is all they can really do, all in an attempt to pretend they care about comp and "don't want competition with our events". Nintendo please, y'all just malding people like to play video games older than 5 years.

They're like, they only company left in the entire industry that still cares people make mods for their major titles and it's hilarious at this point how out of touch they are. And then you get their double standard with how they just do not care about what the 2D Mario community does at all and it delivers the punchline in how they're the industry's biggest hypocrites.

EDIT: I guess there is an actually prize pool for Panda Global, lol. That's nice, at least: Guess I shoulda checked that first. :drshrug:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is there a source for this? First time I'm hearing about it.

If this is actually them, the funniest thing is that harassing creators on YT is all they can really do, all in an attempt to pretend they care about comp and "don't want competition with our events". Nintendo please, y'all just malding people like to play video games older than 5 years.

They're like, they only company left in the entire industry that still cares people make mods for their major titles and it's hilarious at this point how out of touch they are. And then you get their double standard with how they just do not care about what the 2D Mario community does at all and it delivers the punchline in how they're the industry's biggest hypocrites.

Oh yeah, and shoutouts to them "supporting the Smash community" when we all know their grand prize is probably gonna be like, a shirt and a giftcard to Apple Bees lol.
I'mSalt and Mango got copyright claims on their vids that have modded content. Atm, that's all I know about.

MooMew64

I'mSalt and Mango got copyright claims on their vids that have modded content. Atm, that's all I know about.
Hmm

That could be a troll. I'd say wait and see if P+'s main account gets hit. Thankfully, they're Discord based and Nintendo tends to ignore there unless Pokemon is involved, so the project itself should be fine.

But yeah nah if this is them, Nintendo as a company is dog water and the sky is blue, nothin' new. :happysheep:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Hmm

That could be a troll. I'd say wait and see if P+'s main account gets hit. Thankfully, they're Discord based and Nintendo tends to ignore there unless Pokemon is involved, so the project itself should be fine.

But yeah nah if this is them, Nintendo as a company is dog water and the sky is blue, nothin' new. :happysheep:
I mean the timing doesn't help at all and they been kinda copyright happy lately.

In fact, feels like every company been hella copyright happy lately and YT is doing **** all to fix it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

I mean the timing doesn't help at all and they been kinda copyright happy lately.

In fact, feels like every company been hella copyright happy lately and YT is doing **** all to fix it.
The Belle incident with IDW recently alone really does hit home how copyright law needs a revisit in the age of the internet, this stuff straight up doesn't work anymore and it's now just a glorified bullying mechanism whenever someone starts malding over fanworks or someone having a larger audience than them.

Also, shoutouts to loop holes and questionable legality that fanworks and transformative works can't fight because of legal costs. Really cool. :035:

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
King Bob Gaming (who makes Brawl character mods, which I think are included in Project M EX Remix since they seem to be the same) also had some of his videos claimed, with most of them being Waluigi gameplay funnily enough.

Nintendo’s claims also say his videos are of Smash Bros. Ultimate :/

Seems that their focus is definitely on mods.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
These designs for Hilda and Marianne ****ing slay
2 of the best women in the game having the best designs…yet I’m still surprised by how perfect they got once again
So the person that originally leaked multiversus has come back with some more information and it sounds kinda wild:
****ing Ted Lasso popping up would make me break down laughing. Also seeing Raven on the list, alongside her leaked dialogue bragging about how she’s teaming with Batman, has me easily believing this rumor.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Maxwell from Scribblenauts joins the rostser I will not shup up it will be the best game of all time.
Maxwell would be really hype. Him, Tom from Toonami, Pibby, and any gumball character would probably be my most wanted so far.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just make sure the game doesn’t add in that 4th PPG or Mac without Bloo (and vice versa) and we good with Multiversus

osby

Smash Obsessed
just make sure the game doesn’t add in that 4th PPG or Mac without Bloo (and vice versa) and we good with Multiversus
Actually, Multiversus should add the 4th Powerpuff Girl but only if we're talking about Bunny.

Dutch Raikuna

Life's a sweet bitter beauty song.......
So I posted this on a small server with a few of yous but look at what I bought today and I think a certain Lamperouge Lamperouge is gonna be happy to see for two of them:

DSC_0129.jpg

Penguin Highway
Weathering With You
Fate Stay/Night Heaven's Feel Part 1

Bakemonogatari LN
Komi Vol 3.

Must say I'm so damn happy finding Bakemono especially.

The Belle incident with IDW recently alone really does hit home how copyright law needs a revisit in the age of the internet, this stuff straight up doesn't work anymore and it's now just a glorified bullying mechanism whenever someone starts malding over fanworks or someone having a larger audience than them.

Also, shoutouts to loop holes and questionable legality that fanworks and transformative works can't fight because of legal costs. Really cool. :035:
Belle incident? What was that on about?

Oh they have and it seems they are really putting their foot down on music on YT instead of a one and done clean every few years.

And yeah, I've noticed YT has been really dog**** and companies are pulling triggers on copyright a lot recently.
The truth is and they don't like it is that copyright doesn't work anymore. You are always gonna put the risk of creating a product that can be ripped off, just in the internet age its far easier to do so. Its the same with piracy and its not going to resolve the problem.

In fact a company like Nintendo would have easier times clamping down on all those cheap Nintendo knock-off products and IP infringement in developing countries than the communities of fan-modding.

MooMew64

Last edited:

Shroob

Sup?
Some goober claimed that Belle was ripping off his character, Boing Kid. I posted about it a day or two ago.

It actually got one of the comic's artist's latest covers taken down on their Twitter. Boing Kid filed a copyright complaint and Twitter actually listened to it, lol.
I guess Twitter really

sprung

into action

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Nintendo today released a free Mario Strikers: Battle League demo. Right now only the tutorial is playable but next week it will have online battles from June 3rd to June 5th.

Jus' lettin' ya know.
Very interesting dates, could very easily fall in line with an E3 direct where they go “play this now if you want to try out the game”

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom