• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Oh yeah, topic change but

TheMightyP TheMightyP Wademan94 Wademan94 @Lamperouge CannonStreak CannonStreak Noipoi Noipoi @Hat N' Clogs @Professor Pumpkaboo (I think that's everyone who might care about IDW Sonic news, lol)

Did y'all hear that the IDW team is getting harrassed by an up and coming copyright troll? We got a new Penders situation a brewin:

The accuser in question, NivStudio is...Well...

yeah lol

They deleted that last tweet. :nifty:

I wonder if they genuinely feel slighted or just want that EZ copyright troll payout.
Tag me in the IDW comic stuff, too. 👁

And yeah, I heard about this. What a clown- pun intended.

osby

Smash Obsessed
And there had been exceptions but for the most part though no.

Blade Runner 2049, Bad Boys For Life, potentially Top Gun: Maverick. The former two were done right. Nick bringing back their old shows for movie specials (Rocko, Hey Arnold, Invader Zim) they handled right with such a comeback.

It's also just I want new stuff rather then Hollywood relying on this nostalgia.
You know, if you want something new and original, Hollywood is not the best place to go anyway.

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Sort of yes but certain versions which in this case Tobey McGuire and Andrew Garfield.
I thought it handled the characters well, we learn more about Andrew's Spider-Man being in a bad place due to the loss of his world's Gwen, and we see a more Mature and Happy McGuire Spider-Man and how even before the main cast meets up with him, he was looking for Tom's Spider-Man to lend a hand, and how they both still have to learn from Tom's Spider-Man who's more of a team player. It managed to take something I didn't like with MCU Spider-Man(him being tied closely with the Avengers) and spin it into a positive that makes sense in the context of the film. That's why I like the film. It wasn't JUST cameos, I felt most of the characters were used well within the context of the film. Is it perfect? Nah. It still probably had too many moving pieces to get each character to be used to their highest potential. But what they had I legit enjoyed.

Which is exactly my problem with it.

Try to focus and make more new stuff. I'd much appreciate that.

I will admit too, Top Gun: Maverick IMO seems like its doing what is right in terms of balance and potential. Might be one of the better "belated" sequels. There has been exceptions yes like Blade Runner and Bad Boys with their second and third films but apparently that ain't often as most tend to suck.
And that's fine, but don't be surprised other people find enjoyment out of sequels or reboots that don't interest you.
I feel like it gets blurred with said logic. Like Star Wars is a cultural icon, everyone worldwide knows what that is, it's a juggernaut of a franchise.

And yet, one can still safely that Vader is just as iconic as Batman, a character who appeared multiple centuries earlier. DC just had Micheal Keaton Batman return for some reason, that's blatant nostalgia pandering for the 80s kids. The Batman was filled with nostalgia pandering.

And yet, for something like Star Wars, one of the biggest criticisms of the new movies is the "nostalgia pandering". But the latest DC related stuff is somehow not that. Both Star Wars and DC are American icons of media. So where does one become nostalgia and the other not? Like, where is the line drawn.
For me, it's execution, though I suppose the sheer amount of franchising and crossovers and reboots can in and of itself be tiring. But if something's good, it's good. I don't care about Star Wars, so I can't comment on that.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Thought of an interesting alternate history scenario.

What if magic was real?

I honestly believe we'd rely on it so much, this would actually lead to a much cleaner world. I mean think about it.

Even pretty simple magic would radical change history, let’s imagine Earth Bending people here likely think about fortresses and housebuilding, but where it fundamental would make a difference would be canals, irrigation, water capture, and mines. Magic would fundamental serve as a labor saving device, creating scales to capture water in mountains, making canals to ease transport, make terrace for farming, etc.

We'd rely more on magic then we would on tech or fuel resources.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I get having a problem with the film industry's obsession with nostalgia pandering. I find it quite frustrating myself. However, acting like some franchises are extempt from this because they've been around for decade is uh... How do I put this? The reason they've been around for so long is BECAUSE Hollywood's been recycling them for years and years. It's just that the more time passes, the more franchises become nostalgic for some people and become reboot fodder for Hollywood. It's pretty much an endless cycle.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Thought of an interesting alternate history scenario.

What if magic was real?

I honestly believe we'd rely on it so much, this would actually lead to a much cleaner world. I mean think about it.

Even pretty simple magic would radical change history, let’s imagine Earth Bending people here likely think about fortresses and housebuilding, but where it fundamental would make a difference would be canals, irrigation, water capture, and mines. Magic would fundamental serve as a labor saving device, creating scales to capture water in mountains, making canals to ease transport, make terrace for farming, etc.

We'd rely more on magic then we would on tech or fuel resources.
BDB3C9F5-ED43-4960-906D-7C5E9C5EA8A4.jpeg

What of the status of dragons?

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
Truth be told, I haven't been playing a ton of games lately, mostly got back to watching some TV shows and drawing before I get back to comic book work. And by TV shows I mean mostly Game Shows and Anime. I've been on a game show kick for a minute. I'm on the 2nd act of Okami still, been enjoying it, so I should get back to it sometime this week.

For internet stuff, I really like the Tekken Iceberg video, and the guy who made that video does a competitive history series on Tekken characters every once in a while. Kind of like False Swipe and Ketchup and Mustard's MK History videos. I think the channel's name is Shirdel? I can't remember the exact spelling but that's someone to watch if you like fighting games.

I just think Spidey's neat.

Deja Vu, I've been in this place before
When he said, DO YOUR JOB! I felt that.

View attachment 353288

What of the status of dragons?
Dinosaurs brought back with Magic?

Last edited:

Noipoi

Howdy!
Man, has it already been three months since the last one?
Honestly, this wait hasn't felt too long to me.

I remember the wait for S/M info feeling agonizing, and I felt similarly about Sw/Sh.

Though then again as soon as we got Sw/Sh news it all went to ****, so I guess I should've been more careful about what I wished for.

Either way, two more weeks is nothing.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

I remember the wait for S/M info feeling agonizing, and I felt similarly about Sw/Sh.

Though then again as soon as we got Sw/Sh news it all went to ****, so I guess I should've been more careful about what I wished for.

And then after SwSh was the very pleasant and fun wait for...

BDSP

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there

It's all fun and games until Pokemon fans are reminded of the ugly truth: GameFreak LIED and are LAZY.

#LetFansMakePokemon smh lazy devs no RTX no MMO game bad TPC bad GF bad Pokeshills bad go play [Indie game I will call a Pokémon killer annoyingly until the overhype sinks someone's passion project]

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Oh yeah, topic change but

TheMightyP TheMightyP Wademan94 Wademan94 @Lamperouge CannonStreak CannonStreak Noipoi Noipoi @Hat N' Clogs @Professor Pumpkaboo (I think that's everyone who might care about IDW Sonic news, lol)

Did y'all hear that the IDW team is getting harrassed by an up and coming copyright troll? We got a new Penders situation a brewin:

The accuser in question, NivStudio is...Well...

yeah lol

They deleted that last tweet. :nifty:

I wonder if they genuinely feel slighted or just want that EZ copyright troll payout.
Yeah, I know. I saw. Some people are just desperate.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Man it really has been forever since an MCU and Nostalgia argument on the boards hasn't it.

Life truly is coming back to normal.
There is one last topic needed to truly re-awaken the past. I'm sorry, but this is a necessary evil:

Guys I think Geno should be added to Smash Bros

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Quick, TheMightyP TheMightyP

Post a picture of Red facing an empty, grassy plain with some stock deer and random Pokémon. You'll get hired by Nintendo in like, 5 minutes tops. And you'll OWN all the Pokeshills by showing the FANS can do BETTER.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom