• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yeah, they definitely paid quite a bit of attention to detail.

Like for example, if you were to encounter a Chingling or a Chimecho and not catch it right away, it will alert any nearby Pokemon. There's even some form of parent child dynamics in the game, like if you were to mess with a Teddisura it will run and alert the nearest Ursaring (and iirc that happens with Hippopotas as well)
Oh, that's interesting.

I remember SMT V doing something similar with some demons. For example, Nebiros, a necromancer, never tries to attack you when you approach him. Instead, he summons lesser demons and escapes.

Or Manananngal can separate herself into two so she keeps her lower body static and flies around it with her upper body.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
the 2 times I got my ass kicked in KH2…both involved having Beast on my team…

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
If Gumball makes it into Multiversus, I wonder which VA they'll use?
Nah fam he has a dad whose more popular and memetic, obviously Richard will be added instead.

Them cartoon dad's. The memes, Solar Nyan, the memes!
Honestly they should add all of the watersons as separate characters. There’s a lot they could do with each of them.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The fact that Gumball and Johnny bravo got to be in Chip n Dale rescue rangers but aren't in multiversus is unfair.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
When you really get down to it. These would be the Justice League equalivants to kaijus.

Aquaman: Gamera
Bizarro/Zod: SpaceGodzilla
Cyborg: Mechagodzilla
Batman: King Kong
Doomsday: Destoroyah
Flash: Rodan
Krypto: Anguirus
Superman: Godzilla
Wonder Woman: Mothra

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I just read through Crisis on Infinite Earths for the first time - there was a LOT going on there, and you could tell that Marv Wolfman and George Perez really did the research on this one. Much like with Final Fantasy VII, there were one or two big moments/deaths that I was aware of, but everything aside from that was unknown to me.

You could definitely tell how it shaped big crossover events going forwards, but even within this storyline, you could already see the cracks with DC trying to simplify their continuity. (Power Girl points out how people seem to remember her when the Earths are merged, but they don't remember Earth-2's version of Superman even though Power Girl was also from Earth-2, and the closest we get to an explanation is basically a wordier version of "I don't know")

Still, it was pretty enjoyable, though I feel like I'd appreciate it more if I was more familiar with DC's pre-Crisis comics. (I'm mainly familiar with stuff like The Killing Joke, Whatever Happened to the Man of Tomorrow?, or the New 52 material)

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I recall the author of YuYu Hakusho and HunterxHunter is sick as Kentaro Miura was prior to his death.

Probably explains why HunterxHunter manga was on a hiatus.

May the latter rest in piece. Hopefully the same won't happen with Yoshihiro Togashi.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Still my most wants for Multiversus.

Courage the Cowardly Dog
Godzilla
King Kong
King Shark
Modecai & Rigby
Scorpion (Mortal Kombat)
Spear & Fang

Notably with Spear & Fang. It'd be cool having Spear riding on Fang the whole time. Another way would be Fang appearing in some of Spear's moves, I'd much prefer the former though.

Noipoi

Howdy!
Multiversus is pretty rad, actually.

Though I gotta get used to the controls. After playing smash for so long, all the button placements on a PS4 controller feel wrong.

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Honestly they should add all of the watersons as separate characters. There’s a lot they could do with each of them.
There are a lot of good Gumball options, but I don't want to over-represent it. I think Gumball (main character) and Rob (main antagonist (ish)) would be the best two-spot combo, akin to what Steven Universe and Adventure Time has. If we add more, the third rep should be Darwin, the fourth either Nicole or Richard, and the fifth as the one and only Gaylord Robinson. If course we would never get that many Gumball reps, nor should we, but it's fun to think about.

Reactions: Z25

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
There are a lot of good Gumball options, but I don't want to over-represent it. I think Gumball (main character) and Rob (main antagonist (ish)) would be the best two-spot combo, akin to what Steven Universe and Adventure Time has. If we add more, the third rep should be Darwin, the fourth either Nicole or Richard, and the fifth as the one and only Gaylord Robinson. If course we would never get that many Gumball reps, nor should we, but it's fun to think about.
I don’t know, gumball is a massive franchise. They put together clip shows with no effort last year and still pulled numbers.

It’s one of three cartoonetwork shows to get a movie in recent years, has a whole new show coming, and lasted pretty long originally.

On top of being a show with a lot of memes and clips still being shared today.

Depending on how long they add content to the game(which seems to be a long time) I could see it get multiple reps.

Also Steven universe should get jasper, and I feel like it will at some point.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Oh, that's interesting.

I remember SMT V doing something similar with some demons. For example, Nebiros, a necromancer, never tries to attack you when you approach him. Instead, he summons lesser demons and escapes.

Or Manananngal can separate herself into two so she keeps her lower body static and flies around it with her upper body.
I remeber seeing Manananngal do tha on a stream, spooked me senseless

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
About to start up more artwork. I plan on tackling another drawing challenge that's been going on. Should be fun. Heard HxH might be off hiatus again. Anton Blast looks really cool, glad Wario Land is getting more spiritual successors, along the usual suspects of Sonic, Mega Man, Metroid and Castlevaina inspired platformers.

Also, WATCH MEGALO BOX.

It's looking like Alucard will be one the next characters to be added to PMEX Remix.
That should be fun. There's for sure certain moves that'll be east to imagine though, Slide, Slash, Dive Kick,
Where Mordecai and Rigby at?
Legit would be a good addition. I still mostly wanted Sub-Zero off the bat myself.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Of course GameFrEAk lied to the fans once again. I bet ScarVio won't have the nat dex again, NOR Wawa because they lied. Gen 6 and up bad.
#DOWNWITHMARIOMANDATES #BRINGBACKNATIONALSEX
See, this is an accurate Nintendo Twitter post, because he brought up something completely unrelated to the current topic (Mario mandates) just to have an excuse to whine about it again.

Solid 8/10 Nintendo Tweet, sir. All around good form, not too much could be done better. Only thing I would say was missing is you didn't threaten any Nintendo or GF staff, which shows you have at least a shred of humanity and common decency left. Throw all that out the window, maybe chew out an unpaid social media intern or two, and you'll be the best Nintendo Twitter user you could be!

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
0A3DF14A-F277-4128-9A5A-244D8F2BEDA0.jpeg
good work on what’s coming up soon Marvel

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
I don’t know, gumball is a massive franchise. They put together clip shows with no effort last year and still pulled numbers.

It’s one of three cartoonetwork shows to get a movie in recent years, has a whole new show coming, and lasted pretty long originally.

On top of being a show with a lot of memes and clips still being shared today.

Depending on how long they add content to the game(which seems to be a long time) I could see it get multiple reps.

Also Steven universe should get jasper, and I feel like it will at some point.
I don't think we would be getting Jasper if we were to get more Steven Universe rep. She's not that important in the grand scheme of things, isn't overly popular, and she doesn't have the crazy moveset potential to make up for it. I think the most likely third Steven Universe rep is either Lapis or Peridot, the fourth would be Amythyst or Pearl, and the fifth would be Spinel. If they're doing semiclones, they could do Stevonnie or Rose Quartz as well. After that is when Jasper enters the equation, but there's still competition from the unchosen parts of the pairs, Bismuth, and maybe even the Diamonds.

I think it's likely that both series get up to three reps, but I don't think they'll go beyond that. Yes, the game will go on for awhile, but there's such a wide scope that giving so many reps to one series might be wasteful. There's also the problem that Steven Universe is, as far as we know, a dead series. In 4 years time, why add a fourth SU rep (when it hasn't gotten anything new in half a decade) when a new show could get it's forth rep? There's also no way of knowing how long the Gumball revival will go for, it could very well be a small revival mostly for character send-offs (ironically like Steven Universe Future). I hope I'm wrong on both fronts, but I think it best to temper expectations for the time being.

Reactions: Z25

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom