• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I actually do like the stop motion styled animation of the modern games. It kinda reminds me of the flip motion animations of the Flip-O-Rama in Captain Underpants.

On the moveset, I feel like all normals use the hammer and the specials are more of a tossup. Gave a cycle of partners maybe? Maybe get the partners involved? Have Thoreau or 1000 fold arms for the grab?

Or maybe 1000 fold for the Smash attacks.
I like the idea of the 1000 fold for Smash Attacks, yeah. I think the specials should be a partner mechanic, although TBH that's gonna make him a nightmare to develop as you'd have to make a set of specials for each partner.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I like the idea of the 1000 fold for Smash Attacks, yeah. I think the specials should be a partner mechanic, although TBH that's gonna make him a nightmare to develop as you'd have to make a set of specials for each partner.
Maybe something like Sora where it cycles through a select few from the first 3 games. Or if you played DBFZ, Ginyu's special moves revolves a set rotating cast of the Ginyu Force (four other characters) and they each have 2 moves max (except for Recoome who has 3). Maybe something like that.

Up Special should the Super Jump from TTYD. Down Air should be the Tornado Jump from 64. Dash Attack should be the spin attack from 64.

MooMew64

Maybe something like Sora where it cycles through a select few from the first 3 games. Or if you played DBFZ, Ginyu's special moves revolves a set rotating cast of the Ginyu Force (four other characters) and they each have 2 moves max (except for Recoome who has 3). Maybe something like that.

Up Special should the Super Jump from TTYD. Down Air should be the Tornado Jump from 64. Dash Attack should be the spin attack from 64.
Keeping a select few would be for the best. Probably specifically the most plot relevant/impactful partners.

I wonder if the Pixls would count as partners?

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
Geno for Smash: cringe, uncool, old boomers, dead series, not even an interesting character

Paper Mario for Smash: Based, cool, is Paper Mario, alive and kicking, is Paper Mario who's cool
you are having a brain as smooth as yogurt! If a character from the RPGs of Mario is to be, there is only one option which will not cause the people to exclaim quite loudly "I HAVE FURY"
1652581853960.png

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I wonder if the Pixls would count as partners?
I personally don't, they got as much character as their dimensions. To me, the real partners were Luigi, Peach, Bowser, and Tippi.
you are having a brain as smooth as yogurt! If a character from the RPGs of Mario is to be, there is only one option which will not cause the people to exclaim quite loudly "I HAVE FURY"
View attachment 352480
He dead tho.

But seriously Fawful would be cool as hell. Such a great character, I'm honestly surprised they legit killed him off and kept him dead instead of bringing him back.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
The problem with the Pixls is that practically none of them ever got any dialogue after their introductions, and that's not even a slight exaggeration.

Tippi, poissbly Thoreau (I don't remember for sure), and Tiptron are the only exceptions.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This may sound crazy, but I actually really like the way TOK handled the partners. Granted while they were only in their self contained chapters, they each had a really good arc from start to finish. From Bobby having amnesia, to realizing his purpose and reuniting with his friends, to Professer Toad being a somewhat struggling researcher to uncovering really rich Mario lore (or Paper Mario lore, Nintendo is weird with the italian), to Bowser and Kamek successfully taking back their castle and stopping the forces of King Olly.

Not much, but it's some real nice stuff.

MooMew64

This may sound crazy, but I actually really like the way TOK handled the partners. Granted while they were only in their self contained chapters, they each had a really good arc from start to finish. From Bobby having amnesia, to realizing his purpose and reuniting with his friends, to Professer Toad being a somewhat struggling researcher to uncovering really rich Mario lore (or Paper Mario lore, Nintendo is weird with the italian), to Bowser and Kamek successfully taking back their castle and stopping the forces of King Olly.

Not much, but it's some real nice stuff.
TOK is honestly really good, questionable battle system aside. I'm 100% going back to it soon, I just wanna finish up Kirby, Sonic Advance, and Mario 64 - Star Road and then I'm totally jumping back in. Just debating if I wanna pick up from where I left off or just restart.

MooMew64

TOK rises above the blandness of the last few Paper Mario's.

Now if only the battle system was more fun.
They really need to stop putting in turn based battle systems in games that aren't RPGs.

Just embrace what you clearly wanna do and make it full on adventure-puzzle game, like a Mario Zelda. That's where the last three excelled, and it's been clear since Super that's what they want to do, but they're clinging onto RPG mechanics without putting in everything that makes them fun or work, and vehemently deny its an RPG.

Simply put: Make up your mind what you want the games to be, Nintendo, lol.

Noipoi

Howdy!
They really need to stop putting in turn based battle systems in games that aren't RPGs.

Just embrace what you clearly wanna do and make it full on adventure-puzzle game, like a Mario Zelda. That's where the last three excelled, and it's been clear since Super that's what they want to do, but they're clinging onto RPG mechanics without putting in everything that makes them fun or work, and vehemently deny its an RPG.

They'll vehemently deny the games being RPGs anymore while fighting with their life to keep those mechanics in.

If Paper Mario just went full on adventure, and put all it's focus on improving those mechanics, I think we'd be okay.

I'd just need a few more unique characters, but we all know that won't happen :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Fun fact: EXP was in TOK, but it's been commented out for some reason.

Mandates? Didn't fir the narrative? Not fit the style of gameplay? Who knows.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I bought pretty much all of the SMT games off of the eShop during that big sale. Anyone got any recommendations on which i should jump into first between SMTIV, IV: Apocalypse, Strange Journey, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Persona Q, and Persona Q2… yeah I know it’s a lot of games.
Devil Survivor 2 is pretty beginner friendly despite its ridiculous writing so it's a good place to start. If you enjoy the gameplay, you can then try your hand in the first one, which has one of the best stories in MegaTen, imo.

If you want traditional, turn-based SMT, go with SMT IV or Strange Journey but keep in mind that the latter's maps can get frustrating.

I also recommend Persona Q as a beginning place if you're a fan of P3/P4 and can sit through a lot of food jokes.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
Fireflies got removed from Minecraft due to being poisonous to frogs.

And the Minecraft community ain't happy about having two pixels gone.
The strange thing is I think the people who complain about useless mobs are a bit of a minority, and iirc there weren’t that many complaining about pandas and foxes (though I’m sure there were some, with some probably just not liking that foxes couldn’t be tamed). This time, a lot seem to want fireflies just for the atmosphere, and a Mojang dev mentioned loving the atmosphere they add. The frogs themselves aren’t really that useful either, they just poop out light blocks after dragging them to the Nether so they can eat a magma cube, though they’re still cool imo (as are the frog light blocks, but still, it’s less useful and more just cool light block textures).

Not only that, but they made it so frogs can be fed slimeballs instead, which you’d think wouldn’t be safe for frogs either. Of course, the slime monsters the items drop from aren’t real, but slime itself is, as is slime putty that kids play with, and if they’re worried about kids learning to feed frogs things that could kill them…yeah, adults may not be aware of fireflies being toxic, and would nearly be guaranteed to know not to feed frogs slime, but they’re not always going to be around where they’ll see their kid feeding their frog…(personally I don’t care what frogs are fed ingame, Mojang’s reasoning for removing fireflies completely was just weird imo).

Hopefully, fireflies can return as an atmospheric mob, maybe with jars we can put them in. Maybe they could also add poison dart frogs that could maybe eat them, since they eat other bugs with toxins in real life.

One of these days I'm hoping the devs add all of the mobs from the two Mob Votes.

All of them were good concepts, and I hear at least a few of them at least made it into Minecraft Dungeons instead.
I’d love for them all to get added, too. Thankfully they’re at least still in consideration for future updates (not sure if this includes 2017’s mob vote, but the Hovering Inferno (now called the Wildfire) was added into Minecraft Dungeons so maybe), though they don’t sound like they’re guaranteed.

My favorite is the Glare, which has come close to the creeper as a favorite mob of mine despite not even being in the game. I love its appearance and how it sounded like a tameable, fantasy pet mob, and I like the idea of not needing F3 to tell where monsters can spawn (while it’s easier to tell now due to them only spawning in light level 0, it’s hard for me to see the difference between 0 and 1 or so in smaller spots, and I like trying to conserve my torches. Though, I guess I also don’t really care about that much either, I just like the Glare lol).

I think they'll probably do that. Like I was pretty bummed out when my pick didn't win the mob and biome vote (Iceologer and Swamp) but hearing Swamp would be after mountains was reassuring.

Although RIP to the 3rd place biome update, what was that again?
The 3rd biome update was the savanna, I think. However, Mojang said all of them would be added, not just first and second place, though they still haven’t added the losing biomes from the first vote either :S (the badlands and the desert)

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Just remove that thought from your memory, man.

It ain't worth it.

(That was just a random number so don't add it to anything)
is the magic number
is also the amount of Spider-Men that were in No Way Home
is the amount of major Persona games the world has
Is 10 numbers away from 13
yesterday was Friday, which was also the 13th
wait a minute I’ve said 13 twice and now thrice…
oh god oh ****
I think I’m being forced to join Organization 13

MooMew64

yo what's up it's 2:00 AM and uhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

eat your veggies or i will say something rude about u

it will be very mean and hurt your feelings

you will feel very sad and foolish, thinking to yourself "if only i had listened to that stranger on the internet and consumed my vegetables, then nothing would have happened"

it will be an hour of reckoning

make your decision, young one

time is ticking

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
woah…that Amphibia finale ****ing slapped like a mo ****a. Absolutely a 90000000/10 score. Show gets to join the likes of Ducktales, Gravity Falls, and Tangled in recent animated series to have perfect endings…sucks that Star vs the Forces of Evil couldn’t do the same thing

also I just found out Mickey can save my ass in KH2…all I did was realize I couldn’t heal with an item during a boss fight…but so far I’m felling like the 2nd game has had gameplay improvements (especially when it comes to flying that gummi ship)

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So this aged incredibly well.

I'm a mess right now.
Man, the ending of a show hasn't toyed with my emotions this much in years.

The finale was more sweet than bitter, and shocking even compared to All In and True Colors, but overall, there were just as many tearjerking scenes as there were heartwarming scenes

I'm really glad that Anne, Sasha and Marcy seem to be genuinely working on rebuilding their friendship in their adulthood despite life simply taking them all in different directions (something that's ultimately a a common occurrence in real life), and that the people of Amphibia, Plantars included, are living life to the fullest a decade later as well. I like to think that, some day, somehow, the Calamity Trio or some of their amphibian friends and families will discover a way to visit each other again, even with how unlikely it is, but either way, both of their worlds saw peace and recovery in the end, and they all got to make a better future for themselves.

I'm really not sure how else to put it. It was an emotional roller coaster, with a powerful message about friendship, and change. I'm gonna miss Amphibia, but the it left an impact on me, and it ended on a high note. And that's all I could've hoped for out of this show's ending.

ZephyrZ

But.....DRAGONS
NNID
AbsolBlade
3DS FC
4210-4109-6434
Switch FC
SW-1754-5854-0794
Man, the ending of a show hasn't toyed with my emotions this much in years.

The finale was more sweet than bitter, and shocking even compared to All In and True Colors, but overall, there were just as many tearjerking scenes as there were heartwarming scenes

I'm really glad that Anne, Sasha and Marcy seem to be genuinely working on rebuilding their friendship in their adulthood despite life simply taking them all in different directions (something that's ultimately a a common occurrence in real life), and that the people of Amphibia, Plantars included, are living life to the fullest a decade later as well. I like to think that, some day, somehow, the Calamity Trio or some of their amphibian friends and families will discover a way to visit each other again, even with how unlikely it is, but either way, both of their worlds saw peace and recovery in the end, and they all got to make a better future for themselves.

I'm really not sure how else to put it. It was an emotional roller coaster, with a powerful message about friendship, and change. I'm gonna miss Amphibia, but the it left an impact on me, and it ended on a high note. And that's all I could've hoped for out of this show's ending.
Honestly the fact that Anne died and got replaced with a perfect clone is really messing with my head. Like...the original Anne is dead.

And there's probably some deliberate symbolism to it. It's a show about becoming a different person and frick now she's a different person figuratively and literally.

...And then there's the world of Amphibia itself. They have a memorial for her, they can only be with her through memory, and heck, that end credits shot with the tennis racket / sword / crossbow almost resemble grave markers - it really feels like death allegory. In fact, had Anne died permanently Sprig's ending would have been exactly the same!

That schrodingers Anne paradox feels almost symbolic of how she's alive on Earth but essentially dead in Amphibia.

Oh man why do I overthink cartoons so much. I'm really feeling the existential dread Anne mentions.

But heck Terri is still around. Maybe she'll find a way to enlarge the portal without Anne's power.

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom