• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

NonSpecificGuy

The Extraordinary is in What We Do
Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
Look I ** that the *****ship on this is a little more strict than ****** but the entire ****** behind the ship is to ** age appropriate * * game created *

[This post has been redacted by the WWCCSS (World Wide Censorship Committee of Several Sites) for breaking the outlying rules following: {Use of the English Language} thank you for your understanding]

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605

This was definitely worth the 2 bucks I paid for this.
We’re gonna have to start speaking Morse code lmao
.-- .... .- - --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -- . .- -. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... .. ... ..--.. / .. - .----. ... / .--. .-. . - - -.-- / . .- ... -.-- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- ... -.- / -- . .-.-.-

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I don't care for her that much either.

Honestly, my opinion on Daisy has been tainted by that one infamous fanboy of her.
:031:
I had deleted that person from my Memory but thanks for putting it back in there I guess.
:034:

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
TBH she's 100% getting patched in through Nintendo's tried and true "soft launch it and finish it later lol" approach literally almost all of their multiplayer games have been taking, so it's pretty much a non issue IMO. :drshrug:

RamOne

Mr. Blue Sky
NNID
Mr.Baron
3DS FC
3926-5004-2681
Better watch out for using too many censored words in one post. Years ago I wrote a review about The **** Van **** Show and I got banned for two weeks.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
.... .- -.. / .- / ..-. . . .-.. .. -. --. / -.-- .----. .- .-.. .-.. / .-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / - .-. -.-- / - .... .. ... --..-- / .-.. --- .-..
.-- .... .- - --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -- . .- -. / .-.. .. -.- . / - .... .. ... ..--.. / .. - .----. ... / .--. .-. . - - -.-- / . .- ... -.-- / .. ..-. / -.-- --- ..- / .- ... -.- / -- . .-.-.-
.-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -- .- -.- .. -. --. / .- /.-. . -.. .- -.-. - . -../ .--- --- -.- . / .... . .-. . / -.-. --- ..- -. - / .- ... / -.-. . -. ... --- .-. / -.. --- -.. --. .. -. --. ..--..

Good luck solider

Last edited by a moderator:

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul
I'mma be real

as silly as it probably sounds

The weird, cultish fanbase she has (that individual in particular) really did hurt my perception of her. Obviously not all Daisy fans are like this, of course, and I will most definitely not paint with a broad stroke (I'm a Waluigi fan, I know how much it sucks to have to deal with that), but man are the vocal Daisy fans really obnoxious about shilling her. No one here is like that, thankfully.

Like, don't get me wrong, I've seen fanart of her that's adorable, but like...IDK, I've never really seen her be interesting in any of the games. I feel like the Daisy everyone keeps telling me is great is people's fanon of her, 'cause TBH to me, she doesn't really have a personality in the games she's in, even by Mario standards.
Yeah, I've always just seen as her as "that one Mario girl from the spinoffs" and nothing else.

Like, I dig tomboys and elements of her design are pretty cute, but something about her just rubs me the wrong way. Her voice definitely doesn't help matters much either.

NonSpecificGuy

Super Moderator
Premium
Writing Team
NNID
Goldeneye2674
3DS FC
0989-1770-6584
I bought pretty much all of the SMT games off of the eShop during that big sale. Anyone got any recommendations on which i should jump into first between SMTIV, IV: Apocalypse, Strange Journey, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Persona Q, and Persona Q2… yeah I know it’s a lot of games.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I watched a few episodes of Gravity Falls today, and I made it to the Pioneer Day episode. Enjoying it so far - I'm not sure how much of an emphasis is placed on story in this series, but I'm interested to see what details are going to return later.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
I watched a few episodes of Gravity Falls today, and I made it to the Pioneer Day episode. Enjoying it so far - I'm not sure how much of an emphasis is placed on story in this series, but I'm interested to see what details are going to return later.
End of season1 is when they stop getting episodical and more story driven.

MooMew64

Wasn't there a user on this site way back who spoke exclusively in nyan speak?

Like, dead up, they roleplayed as a cat girl? I remember that very vividly.

Last edited:

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
I’m at a con right now, taking place in a Smash tournament! First time I’ve done this in a few years. Going in as Pyra and Mythra, and I made it past the first match. AND ALSO, I met Havoc Fox’s creator at this con! Which is funny, cause we didn’t know we’d both be at this con. We didn’t arrange a meeting.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Speaking of...

Time to be controversial:

I never got the appeal behind Daisy or how huge a fanbase she has. I don't dislike her, but TBH I like Peach and especially Rosalina way more.

I am ready to be told my opinion is bad, now. :040:
Sorry dude, can’t be friends anymore /s

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
double post
I’m at a con right now, taking place in a Smash tournament! First time I’ve done this in a few years. Going in as Pyra and Mythra, and I made it past the first match. AND ALSO, I met Havoc Fox’s creator at this con! Which is funny, cause we didn’t know we’d both be at this con. We didn’t arrange a meeting.
It feels like you run into Havoc Fox's creator at every convention

.-- --- ..- .-.. -.. / -- .- -.- .. -. --. / .- /.-. . -.. .- -.-. - . -../ .--- --- -.- . / .... . .-. . / -.-. --- ..- -. - / .- ... / -.-. . -. ... --- .-. / -.. --- -.. --. .. -. --. ..--..

Good luck solider
-.-- --- --- --- --- --- --- / - .... .- - / .. ... / ... -- .- .-. - / - .... --- ..- --. .... .-.-.- / .... --- .--. . ..-. ..- .-.. .-.. -.-- / .-- . / -.. --- -. .----. - / --. . - / -.-. .- ..- --. .... - .-.-.- / ... .- -.-- --..-- / .. / .-- .- ... / .... .- -. --. .. -. --. / --- ..- - / .-- .. - .... / - .... .. ... / .--. . .-. ... --- -. / -. .- -- . -.. / -.-. .- -. -.. .. -.-. . / - .... . / --- - .... . .-. / -.. .- -.-- --..-- / -.-- --- ..- / -.- -. --- .-- / .-- .... --- / - .... . -.-- / .- .-. . ..--..
Bottom Text for the mods

Last edited by a moderator:

Shroob

Sup?
I'mma be real

as silly as it probably sounds

The weird, cultish fanbase she has (that individual in particular) really did hurt my perception of her. Obviously not all Daisy fans are like this, of course, and I will most definitely not paint with a broad stroke (I'm a Waluigi fan, I know how much it sucks to have to deal with that), but man are the vocal Daisy fans really obnoxious about shilling her. No one here is like that, thankfully.

Like, don't get me wrong, I've seen fanart of her that's adorable, but like...IDK, I've never really seen her be interesting in any of the games. I feel like the Daisy everyone keeps telling me is great is people's fanon of her, 'cause TBH to me, she doesn't really have a personality in the games she's in, even by Mario standards.
Sounds like the fanbase of a certain small, wooden boi.

Shroob

Sup?
I bought pretty much all of the SMT games off of the eShop during that big sale. Anyone got any recommendations on which i should jump into first between SMTIV, IV: Apocalypse, Strange Journey, Devil Summoner: Soul Hackers, Devil Survivor, Devil Survivor 2, Persona Q, and Persona Q2… yeah I know it’s a lot of games.
TBH, I'd go straight for Strange Journey Redux, that game is legitimately amazing and with the additions in Redux, the endings from the original version aren't nearly as ****ty.

4 and 4a are an odd bunch since you basically have to play 4 before, since 4a takes place in the middle of 4, and offers a completely different ending to the story.

As for how much you'll actually like them? I will say that the characters in 4 can border on frustrating at times since there's a point where they toss out all their development and just become pastiches for their alignment, making incredibly stupid and frustrating decisions.

4a patches that up by making 4 end on a 'good' note, but.... 4a has a lot of its own problems.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
End of season1 is when they stop getting episodical and more story driven.
then all of season 2 makes the plot go into maximum overdrive
I remember when I first got on this site and was unceremoniously compared to that guy. Rude :yoshi:
:031:
I had deleted that person from my Memory but thanks for putting it back in there I guess.
:034:
whom are y’all meaning tho? I feel as if I must know this painful knowledge

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I need to know of that Daisy fan y’all don’t seem to like

MooMew64

Geno for Smash: cringe, uncool, old boomers, dead series, not even an interesting character

Paper Mario for Smash: Based, cool, is Paper Mario, alive and kicking, is Paper Mario who's cool
Man, I don't even care if they didn't reference a thing from the OG trilogy, put my boy in, the aesthetic alone would make it an 11/10 choice.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Man, I don't even care if they didn't reference a thing from the OG trilogy, put my boy in, the aesthetic alone would make it an 11/10 choice.
I feel like a Paper Mario moveset. would be all emcompassing of the entire series like uh

That said, I hope they take the aesthetic from the right (ignore the caption this was the only good gif/vid I could find)

Last edited:

MooMew64

I feel like a Paper Mario moveset. would be all emcompassing of the entire series like uh

That said, I hope they take the aesthetic from the right (ignore the caption this was the only good gif/vid I could find)
Sakurai's like, the one person I believe could get the Wahoominaty to give him permission to acknowledge the first three games exist, so the moveset would probably reference the whole series.

Sidenote: What's funny about that tweet is implying that the OG animations were something fancy when all they were were the same techniques people dog on mobile games for using nowadays. It's just using sprite sheets and rotation/tweening. :nifty:

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Sakurai's like, the one person I believe could get the Wahoominaty to give him permission to acknowledge the first three games exist, so the moveset would probably reference the whole series.

Sidenote: What's funny about that tweet is implying that the OG animations were something fancy when all they were were the same techniques people dog on mobile games for using nowadays. It's just using sprite sheets and rotation/tweening. :nifty:
I actually do like the stop motion styled animation of the modern games. It kinda reminds me of the flip motion animations of the Flip-O-Rama in Captain Underpants.

On the moveset, I feel like all normals use the hammer and the specials are more of a tossup. Gave a cycle of partners maybe? Maybe get the partners involved? Have Thoreau or 1000 fold arms for the grab?

Or maybe 1000 fold for the Smash attacks.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom