• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I just found out they're pumping out Kraven and Madame Web next year and El Muerto also has a release date already

They really don't know what they're doing huh
they do now
this and the Spider-Verse content really do be the big guns for the SSU

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
Another term to refer "Scrimblo Bimblos" rather then that ?
Something like "Cartoonish Video Game Mascot" (or CVGM), because there are of those in other genres (Like Chocobo and Slime for JRPGs, or Pac-Man and Bomberman for Maze games)

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
J Jonah Jameson origin movie.
Unironically I think there's some potential here. Set it in the raimiverse, after 3 but before NWH. I don't want to say it would be like Joker, but it kinda would be with it being about Superheroes but largely without superheroics. Obviously not with the tone of that movie, it would be slightly gloomier than the trilogy but still warm and hopeful. Have it be an older (but not quite elderly) Jameson learning that his star employee, Peter Parker, is the despicable Spider-Man. He goes into an almost meltdown state, convinced that Peter is despicable and foul, but realizes that Peter is still the person he thought he was, it's Spider Man he was wrong about. He goes on self reflection, finding out why he so hates Spider-Man, and eventually gives up his hatred. He apologizes for all the libel he threw at Peter, and repents. This is a pretty obvious allegory for homophobic or transphobic parents learning their kids are a minority, and them rising above their bigotry to still love their child (unfortunately not something that always happens).

Why am I unironically invested in this now

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

they do now
this and the Spider-Verse content really do be the big guns for the SSU
Finally, Gay *** 3.

Last edited:

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Look I don't doubt the Venom movies are fun but comparing them to Spider-Verse is not it.
both are cinema compared to the rest at least

Finally, Gay *** 3.
Gay **** and Miles being a massive simp for Gwen by working on a whole ass multiversal device

also Jessica getting her big time back while being pregnant is just amazing…as I struggle to find the ****tiest of recordings due to a need to watch that video

Mellowy Yellow

Smash Lord
So in one day we've got an official live action Hot Wheels movie, a Marvel spin off with Bad Bunny based on a character no one knows and an actual official tweet from Nintendo that starts with "This is Miyamoto."

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Venom is part of the problem
In a way yeah. Their success is what caused Sony to go crazy like this. Venom is the stupid fun people want to watch and actually pay for involving an extremely popular Marvel character, while these other movies are trying to replicate that…minus the popularity…
Actually yeah Miles going to a college to make an interdimensional device just to boink Gwen is...

Free my man Miles. My brotha's lost
that exaggerated swagger was lost…someone needs to save him

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Not into high school(?) girls (obviously) nor blondes so I'm good
she in college now (well…at least in the comics she is) and dealing with way too many older Gwens that don’t match the perfection of ThorGwen

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I just had to do this fight blind and holy ****!

Thankfully I had Comslay in reserves and it wrecked both these fights because triage is busted.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
oh these movies are definitely leading into the Spider-Women movie
I mean if there were any Spidey white woman I would simp for it would be Black Cat.
ok everyone with a brain would simp for Black Cat…ain’t nobody saying no to her besides mega chad Spidey

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
You know, if Sony wants to do a Sony Spidey Universe... why not use some of the characters that were in Spider-Verse?

Like, idk maybe a live action Miguel O'Hara? Miles? Silk? Gwen? If they wanna stick to villians, maybe a Morlun movie? The Inheritors?

Maybe that might make too much sense for them.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
You know, if Sony wants to do a Sony Spidey Universe... why not use some of the characters that were in Spider-Verse?

Like, idk maybe a live action Miguel O'Hara? Miles? Silk? Gwen? If they wanna stick to villians, maybe a Morlun movie? The Inheritors?

Maybe that might make too much sense for them.
Only babies watch animation and that means all those characters would be too obscure, so we need El Muerto who's every child's favourite supervillain

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
They really gave that guy from 2 issues his own film before Miguel, Ben, Mayday, Felica, Ororo, Kurt, Luke Cage(technically,), Iron Fist, and a lot of others.

Not that they all need one, but people at least heard of them.

Me and the guys getting shipped off to Elon's emerald mine after making a meme out of his failed rocket launch
View attachment 351232
SMH they really brought back Apartheid Emerald mining.
I will save Miles from white women. That is my mission.
View attachment 351290
Brother been around Luke Cage too much. Needed to hang with T'Challa or Blade.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We should get an entire trilogy of Bruce Campbell's cameos in the Rami films and how one dude flip flops from a wrestling announcer, a theater booth worker, and a restaurant waiter
There's a simple explanation for all of this - he's actually the Raimi-verse version of Mysterio. (I'd love it if that was Bruce Campbell's cameo in Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness)

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
There's a simple explanation for all of this - he's actually the Raimi-verse version of Mysterio. (I'd love it if that was Bruce Campbell's cameo in Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness)
If I'm not mistaken, wasn't that the plan for Raimi's Spider Man 4 back when that was going to happen?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom