• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

dezeray112

Smash Hero
I just found out they're pumping out Kraven and Madame Web next year and El Muerto also has a release date already

They really don't know what they're doing huh
Plus I believe Kraven and El Muerto are both set to release in January 2023 and 2024. January is usually considered as a "dump" month for film releases which gives me less confident that these films will do critically well.

I'm not too sure what Sony were thinking with El Muerto, a character that is highly obscure within the Spider-Man comics a film ahead of the likes of Silver Sable, Black Cat etc.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
A limited anime series centered around Legends: Arceus is coming

PeridotGX

Smash Hero
NNID
Denoma5280
To be fair, apparently the situation is that Sony went up to Bad Bunny and asked him to make a Marvel movie with them, and he chose El Muerto. This makes the situation more bizarre: why the **** did he chose El Muerto

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
To be fair, apparently the situation is that Sony went up to Bad Bunny and asked him to make a Marvel movie with them, and he chose El Muerto. This makes the situation more bizarre: why the **** did he chose El Muerto
I have no idea who Bad Bunny is, let alone why Sony would feel the need to base an entire movie around what obscure Marvel character he wants to portray.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
He's a bigger question: how the **** did he know who El Muerto is?
I have no idea who Bad Bunny is, let alone why he'd be important enough that they feel the need to base an entire movie around what obscure Marvel character he wants to portray.
Bad Bunny is the biggest Latin artist in the world. I'm not a fan of him but he is huge with the hispanic/latino population in America.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

Granted there is a catch that there is a reduction in pay if extra time is taken off but for the most part I really like this. 4 day work weeks should be the standard (though granted it's seems to only be once a month, but still).

There is more under that tweet btw

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed

Granted there is a catch that there is a reduction in pay if extra time is taken off but for the most part I really like this. 4 day work weeks should be the standard.
Watch Pokemon fans to blame this practice if they don't like the next entry.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Hears Venom 3 being announced

Ew. Those movies suck IMO. Nothing but cringe.

I got no faith in these Sony Spider-Man villain films especially after the disaster that was MorBS. Who the **** was asking for these to begin with?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Fairy race:

1650982638324.png

“I am Fairy Lorelei. If it is amenable to you, will you listen to my song...?”

Alignment: Neutral-Neutral

Origin: Germanic mythology. A fairy living near the slate rock Lorelei. It creates a distinct murmuring sound due to the local currents which gave rise to many legends. According to a story, Lore Lay was a beautiful woman falsely accused of bewitching men and fell to her death from the top of the rock which echoes her name ever since. Another tale describes her as a blond siren who attracted ships to crash at the rock with her song.

Skills: Mabufula, Marin Karin, Makarakarn, Diamrita

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Jirae race.

Lorelei is not really a mythological figure as her origin is from early 19th-century literature (thanks to Clemens Brentano and Heinrich Heinz) but she’s so ingrained in pop culture that she’s commonly mistakenly believed to have originated in an old folk tale. It’s obvious that her Megami Tensei design is inspired mainly by her more malevolent personality in “Die Lorelei”. I love her floating light-colored hair and the way she uses her harp to fly as if watching the ships, she sunk from above. Fittingly, she commonly learns charm and ice skills.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
I would not be surprised if El Muerto gets thrown into the can as Silver Sable and whatever the other film was. I bet no casual Marvel reader would even remember that character to begin with. Hell I never heard of him until now.

If MorBS was critically panned, what odds would an obscure Marvel character even less known then Morbius could do?

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
I would not be surprised if El Muerto gets thrown into the can as Silver Sable and whatever the other film was. I bet no casual Marvel reader would even remember that character to begin with. Hell I never heard of him until now.

If MorBS was critically panned, what odds would an obscure Marvel character even less known then Morbius could do?
The real question is, why Sony is trying to surpass Morbius's success when every human being on the planet watched that movie at least thrice?

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The real question is, why Sony is trying to surpass Morbius's success when every human being on the planet watched that movie at least thrice?
Because the only reason it's getting attention is due to the Marvel logo. Would MorBS be getting any attention if it wasn't based on Marvel? Because in the end it looks just like any other generic vampire film.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Watch we get a prequel movie of how Aunt May and Uncle Ben met.

I would not be surprised at this point. This and a J Jonah Jameson origin film.

Last edited:

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
The Mummy.

That was a ******* disaster and perfect example how to not do a cinematic universe trying to copy off the MCU's success. At least with the MonsterVerse, it's trying to be its own thing.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom