• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
,,,The entire point of Netflix is too have cable without commercials.
Between the addition of commercials on not only Netflix but other services, plus the total cost of all the major streaming services alongside the fact that many people like and want weekly episodes we have now reached a point where streaming is basically just cable with extra steps.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
The death of Netflix was an inside job by a Blockbuster Exec spy.
Between the addition of commercials on not only Netflix but other services, plus the total cost of all the major streaming services alongside the fact that many people like and want weekly episodes we have now reached a point where streaming is basically just cable with extra steps.
I think what's interesting was that we're getting streaming services for **** that doesn't need to be on a streaming service. Like, I read a couple days ago that CNN+, aka CNN's streaming service, was sjutring down after like 3 weeks, and I was like, "Who the **** asked for a streaming service of CNN?"

I feel like after a while, it's gonna weed itself out and we'll be back to square 1. And I don't think Netflix is gonna survive the purge.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Percy Jackson r meme 🤝 Texf Ga'Hoole
**** the movie​

Could have been bigger than Harry Potter I tell ya
Tbh there's a chance Percy Jackson explodes in popularity next year when the Disney+ show comes out, the adaptation's got the series creator looking in to it so it's already got more quality assurance than the movies

osby

Smash Obsessed
I said first three not first four
Tbf, not every game needs a remake. First Zelda games are good for what they are but their design doesn't hold up great compared to what later came in the series.

If you want a more player-friendly 2D Zelda with cutscenes, you always have entries like Oracle games.

PLATINUM7

Star Platinum
NNID
PLATINUM7
3DS FC
1246-8735-0293
Switch FC
2465-5306-3806
Holy ****.

How is it that my Pokemon consistently hit themselves 4-5 times in confusion when my opponents will do it once if I'm lucky?

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
I think what's interesting was that we're getting streaming services for ** that doesn't need to be on a streaming service. Like, I read a couple days ago that CNN+, aka CNN's streaming service, was sjutring down after like 3 weeks, and I was like, "Who the ** asked for a streaming service of CNN?"

I feel like after a while, it's gonna weed itself out and we'll be back to square 1. And I don't think Netflix is gonna survive the purge.
This. There are way more streaming services out there now than anyone knows what to do with.

More than a few of them are definitely going to shut down after a while.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
just randomly thinking about this song

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
I’d like a remake of Zelda 1 & 2.

I’d like one for A Link to the Past as well, but it doesn’t feel as “necessary,” plus its sequel A Link Between Worlds is very similar (minus the new story and wall-phasing mechanic of course, just the general gameplay and world stuff) so eh.

(I haven’t beaten nor even gotten far into Zelda 2 though tbh, I mainly just think a remake would be cool, and maybe it’d be easier :> Though, I don’t really care if we get one for it tbh, just think it’d seem cool like I said, but I would be more excited about a Zelda 1 remake)

Last edited:

HyperSomari64

Smash Master
The only "Scrimblo Bimblos" acceptable for an hypothetical Project X Zone III are Eggman and the cast of Puyo Puyo/Madō Monogatari, because (mostly of them) are humans after all.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers

I watched the first two episodes of Spy x Family, it was pretty cute. I actually read the manga a while back but didn't feel like reading more

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It really shows how Netflix was hard carried by the fact they had zero competition.

Feels like their only card to play right now is the weeb card, but even then they're losing marketshare to Sony now that Sony got the two biggest names inhouse and united under one (significantly cheaper) subscription price.

All in all, though, we're just headed where streaming was always heading: Cable TV, the Sequel.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Things are getting ho-gets shot

DAILY DEMON SHOWCASE

This showcase's demon is of the Megami race:

1650724009534.png

“I’m Megami Sati. These flames of mine shall burn the unvirtuous and leave a path of truth for you.”

Alignment: Light-Law

Origin: Hindu mythology. A goddess of marital happiness and an aspect of the mother goddess Shakti. She is the first wife of Shiva and later became his second wife after being reincarnated as Parvati. Her name means “virtuous”. After marrying against her father Daksha’s wishes, he humiliated her by mocking her husband. In order to uphold Shiva’s honor, Sati self-immolated by throwing herself into a sacrificial pyre.

Skills: Recarm, Maragion, Marin Karin, Mediarama

Next time, you will meet a demon of the Deity race.

Sati is actually my preferred design among Parvati’s incarnations. I love how her primarily black color scheme contrasts the golden details of her dress and the flames around her. Her wearing mourning colors is possibly a reference to a custom bearing the same name with her, where women threw themselves into their husband’s funeral pyre to prove the strength of their marriage. Unlike the common misconception, it’s not something mythologically attributed to her. On another note, Shiva’s rage after Sati’s death was famously terrifying, killing his father-in-law and nearly all other gods with his destructive Tandava dance. It’s a good thing Sati later returned to life in a different form and Shiva revived his death count.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
or Sonic 3, am I only one who wants Sonic to state to Shadow how dark and edgy he is and saying "Are you sure you aren't from DC/DCEU? You're pretty dark.".

Last edited by a moderator:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
or Sonic 3, am I only one who wants Sonic to state to Shadow how dark and edgy he is and saying "Are you sure you aren't from DC/DCEU? You're pretty dark.".
Nah

I want them to embrace how much of a goof Shadow really is.

Like, in his debut game, one of his most memorable lines is "I'm the coolest".

Let Shadow be a dork again.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Yes.

Instead, they should do a dramatic scene where Shadow holds a gun to put in all the trailers, only for him to throw it at Sonic in the actual movie.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Apparently, Hypergryph is going to make a collaboration event with Capcom (specifically for Arknights).

1650726650303.png

My money is on them adding Devil May Cry characters to the game but it'd be funny if Ryu expands his portfolio of crossovers yet again.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom