• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
I nearly panicked I ruined my Steam Deck last night, ‘cause it hard crashed while running Sonic Lost World’s install scripts and kept crashing whenever trying to varify its files or uninstall. Thought I was gonna have to factory reset, but turns out, just had to have Proton Experimental verify its integrity of game files and then everything worked again. Looks like something just had a regular oopsie during vanilla install and corrupted Proton. It verified like, 5,000 files and then all was well lol.

Computers moment. :nifty:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Is this show good?
I nearly panicked I ruined my Steam Deck last night, ‘cause it hard crashed while running Sonic Lost World’s install scripts and kept crashing whenever trying to varify its files or uninstall. Thought I was gonna have to factory reset, but turns out, just had to have Proton Experimental verify its integrity of game files and then everything worked again. Looks like something just had a regular oopsie during vanilla install and corrupted Proton. It verified like, 5,000 files and then all was well lol.

It crashed because it realize you were trying to play Lost World and it saved you

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203

You guys thought it was the very end for those abominations you called the animated Titanic films, the same ones that had a New York rapping dog and a giant dog-face octopus saving the Titanic from disaster?

Think again because in 2010 these abominations had a sequel series called Fantasy Island...

You can find the episodes on YouTube by looking it up.

Last edited:

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
This implies the Deck is sentient and chooses which games it finds acceptable for me.

And that it’s a Sonic R fan, because it allowed it fully outta the box. :warioc:
The Deck, despite likely being used indoors, truly felt the sunshine then.
I’m more confused about the leotard. Fashion statement?
Hey, goblins deserve to look good too

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™

god this is like one of my biggest fears

I already have multiple games I want to play but can't because Steam is being an ass and refuses to install the dependencies I need(namely Microsoft C++ redistributal)

Last edited:

MooMew64

god this is like one of my biggest fears

I already have multiple games I want to play but can't because Steam is being an ass and refuses to install the dependencies I need(namely Microsoft C++ redistributal)
Have you tried applications like Bottles or ProtonTricks? Bottles for running programs in Wine in their own, sandboxed Windows "bottle", and ProtonTricks for installing dependencies inside Proton prefixes. They both have flatpaks.

Last edited:

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Have you tried applications like Bottles or ProtonTricks? Bottles for running programs in Wine in their own, sandboxed Windows "bottle", and ProtonTricks for installing dependencies inside Proton prefixes. They both have flatpaks.
Idk why but Flatpaks has been a huge pain to set up and trust me I tried lol

Like, I can install it no issue but then whenever I go to do the terminal shenagins it just... doesn't work.

I even tried directly installing the package I needed through wine but that didn't work as i figured it would

Last edited:

MooMew64

I threw the deck in the bathtub while it was plugged in, and it was able to run everything after that.
Weird way to get Subnautica running, but I dig it.

Though there is a weird issue that it's just a black screen... must be a glitch.
Rookie mistake: Didn't install the waterproof flatpak off of Discovery store and enable it permissions via Flatseal or Konsole.

MooMew64

Idk why but Flatpaks has been a huge pain to set up and trust me I tried lol

Like, I can install it no issue but then whenever I go to do the terminal shenagins it just... doesn't work.

I even tried directly installing the package I needed through wine but that didn't work as i figured it would
Hmmm you could try seeing if you can get Flathub distros going to handle installations for you, but I wouldn't be able to help you much there given I'm still really new to Linux and my knowledge is pretty limited to Manjaro and KDE Plasma (which is basically just SteamOS) right now.

If you're on a Chromebook, try looking into specific Chrome-based solutions on this site if they have any; It's a Linux hobby site ran by someone who games pretty much exclusively on Linux. There might be something there.

Alphine Agnitio

Certified Nerd™
Like legit though, I know some linux stuff through messing with terminal jank on my chromebook, just like, not enough to say I know anything.

Sudo apt install/update

sudo dpkg --add-architecture i386

wget key(insert long bit of text here)

Whatever the **** Echo is for

and then cd is basically all I know

Don't even get me started on the Crosh terminal that one is somehow even worse for me to wrap my brain around

MooMew64

I need a translater to explain this in Windows terms
Wine = Wrapper for running Windows applications and programs. Stands for "Wine is not an Emulator".

Proton = Wine, but from Valve.

Konsole = Linux command terminal.

Flatpak = Application extension for Linux. Differs from others by the fact it runs things in a sandboxed environment, which means everything is running within its own self contained area and doesn't leak out into other files unless you specifically want it and tell it to. Is immense for security. It's like if all your Windows programs ran within their own, self contained part of the system with only the permissions you want them to have.

Flathub = Flatpak repository, basically a Linux version of the Windows app store, but everything is free and open-source.

Last edited:

MooMew64

You gotta download your squibibbler and apply it to the hexagumple.

Then you just pull out your pre-packaged squeezledrip, but make sure it’s already been jing-jinged.
Can confirm this is how I got both Sonic Jam, Mario Teaches Typing, and Zelda: Faces of Evil working.

Last edited:

MooMew64

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
I’d say kill it with fire, but I think that would only make it stronger.
The strength would destroy us all
It looks like the mouth would open to show rows and rows of needle teeth where there shouldn't be needle teeth
oh god
Joker (2019)
with more feet action
Way past cool.
6F8F10E1-F88F-48B7-9F6F-6C1DFA98A25E.jpeg

When the executive board of my company forces my resignation, and I have to remind them of what I had to give up to start the company (I am very upset at their proposition)
Just stay away from attractive aunts and blonde women and you can do whatever

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom