• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Domenican Aquaman
they’ll do anything to make sure we watch Lost Kingdom…even if it means making another weird Aquaman…
everything Batman does is done silently
Cyborg only has half a fro
His fro got cut in half
His fro-
guess the other half got burned off…alongside most of his body during the explosion…
I’m certain a trailer with all these designs got released already

Well, I think most of them because I don’t think I saw Aquaman before.

Why does he look like Agent Stone?
Agent Stone inspired Arthur
The Justice League in DC League of Super-Pets.

Look what they did to Aquaman. xD

Did they also give Cyborg an afro?
wouldn’t be the first time he’s had an Afr-oh who am I kidding, it probably is the first time he’s been given an Afro
This pleases me greatly.
dodges death in the current comics and dodged a bad character design in a movie…Hal has won

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
didn’t even know

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
didn’t even know
I remember reading about that once a while ago. But it seems like a lot of people didn't know.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
didn’t even know
I was today years old when I learned Kevin Conroy is gay

GilTheGreat19

Smash Master
didn’t even know
You learn something new everyday

Knight Dude

Keeping it going.
NNID
Kaine-Rodgers
3DS FC
0232-7749-6030
More art today. This time I got back to drawing Spider-Man. I referenced one of the comics covers in pencil, then I finished it a lot later digitally and did my newer style of background. I like it honestly, so there's alt colors for this and tomorrow.

TMNTSSB4

Smash Obsessed
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609

Pokelego999

Smash Hero
Waiting for Latias and Latios to get a theme
Switch FC
SW-0935-8215-2605
Anyways, back on track from whatever the hell that was
2016 was a different time.
I remember when I visited Belgium back in 2016 and I saw a horde of people stampeding to a different spot cause someone found a Ponyta off a lure

Good times

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Random Fact: I've come to accept that 99.9% of cryptids are likely to not be real.

I say this because if something like Bigfoot did exist, we would have found it by now given technology and satellites have mapped every corner of the world, even the most remote regions. We would have found dead bodies by now whether coming across them or as a result from forest fires, no feces samples and such. Most of all, if such a creature existed we would had found such a species from the fossil record, the fact no fossils of large primate-like creatures in North America has ever been found is the final nail in the coffin.

Same with lake monsters like Nessie as there's only so much room Loch Ness has, sonar certainly would have found such a species especially if there was a breeding population, and carcasses from time to time would wash ashore.

That said though, I now see them more in the vain of as mythological creatures.

And that's the fun of it. They'll always exist in our imaginations especially to use in fiction.

Aliens on the other hand though, I'm 100% most certainly exist. The universe is just too big for there to be one planet to have life though I think they'd be more around the lines of animals/wildlife as we see on our planet.

Intelligent life I think exists, us including but it's very rare whereas animal/wildlife aliens are far more common.

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Oh yeah! I found a ROM hack of the original NES Super Mario Bros. that turns it into the game "Super Mario Bros. Special" (a 1986 Japan only sequel published by Hudson Soft for the NEC PC-8801 and Sharp X1 consoles)!

I've beaten the original Sharp X1 version but playing it on the infinitely better NES engine will be much more fun!

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Random Fact: I've come to accept that 99.9% of cryptids are likely to not be real.

I say this because if something like Bigfoot did exist, we would have found it by now given technology and satellites have mapped every corner of the world, even the most remote regions. We would have found dead bodies by now whether coming across them or as a result from forest fires, no feces samples and such. Most of all, if such a creature existed we would had found such a species from the fossil record, the fact no fossils of large primate-like creatures in North America has ever been found is the final nail in the coffin.

Same with lake monsters like Nessie as there's only so much room Loch Ness has, sonar certainly would have found such a species especially if there was a breeding population, and carcasses from time to time would wash ashore.

That said though, I now see them more in the vain of as mythological creatures.

And that's the fun of it. They'll always exist in our imaginations especially to use in fiction.

Aliens on the other hand though, I'm 100% most certainly exist. The universe is just too big for there to be one planet to have life though I think they'd be more around the lines of animals/wildlife as we see on our planet.

Intelligent life I think exists, us including but it's very rare whereas animal/wildlife aliens are far more common.
Keep in mind gorillas were considered a cryptid until like the late 1800's iirc. You should check out the youtube channel Bob Gymlan. Guy is passionate as **** about Sasquatch and brings up a lot of great points about how an intelligent species of great ape could go about in NA without being officially categorized or acknowledged by scientists.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Even a bad Lord Hater impression is based.
Precisely. :4pacman:

I can't remember who said this, but I recall listening to a VA doing a Q&A, and they mentioned that "bad impressions can make great original character voices" And I was kinda just like-"Dang! They're right!"

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Keep in mind gorillas were considered a cryptid until like the late 1800's iirc. You should check out the youtube channel Bob Gymlan. Guy is passionate as **** about Sasquatch and brings up a lot of great points about how an intelligent species of great ape could go about in NA without being officially categorized or acknowledged by scientists.
Yeah but that was back then when technology wasn't as great as it is now yet gorillas were still eventually found.

With the tech we've got. As mentioned satellites have mapped every corner of the world, even the most remote regions.

The fact we have fossil records of great apes as well, whereas we've yet to found that of any primate-like creatures in North America.

It doesn't really matter how intelligent a species, we've developed such technology, there's no way they could remain hidden. Satellite mapping, helicopters, heat vision or detection tech, seismic testing, DNA testing, etc.

Last edited:

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Yeah but that was back then when technology wasn't as great as it is now yet gorillas were still eventually found.

With the tech we've got. As mentioned satellites have mapped every corner of the world, even the most remote regions.

The fact we have fossil records of great apes as well, whereas we've yet to found that of any primate-like creatures in North America.

It doesn't really matter how intelligent a species, we've developed such technology, there's no way they could remain hidden.
People go missing all the time in the woods and are never found, not saying its Bigfoot related though. Chimps, gorillas, and orangutans are really good at noticing and avoiding out of place stuff like trail cams and are really hard to document if they're actually aware of your presence. Its actually pretty fascinating stuff on its own even without throwing Bigfoot into the mix.

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
People go missing all the time in the woods and are never found, not saying its Bigfoot related though. Chimps, gorillas, and orangutans are really good at noticing and avoiding out of place stuff like trail cams and are really hard to document if they're actually aware of your presence. Its actually pretty fascinating stuff on its own even without throwing Bigfoot into the mix.
Two words again.

Satellite mapping.

We've basically mapped every corner of the world, even the most remote regions.

At this point, I just can't see it.

Again the fact, no fossil record of such a species in North America? I'm sure fossils would had been found by now.

Regarding people going missing all the time as well, it's not like an entire population of a species that's supposedly Bigfoot. Not really a good comparison. There'd need to be a breeding population for such a species and given today especially in North America, if it did exist, it'd certainly be critically endangered or likely extinct.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Sorry for not being quite active around the boards today, I don't really have much stuff to talk about and need to take care of my parents.
Woke up today to find out I got cast for a student animated short film.
WE TAKE THOSE.
Also the character in question is just my bad Lord Hate impression, so that's super fun.
Yooooo! Congrats Huzzah! Hopefully It goes well!

Ive had this as my twitter header for over a few years and I cant bring myself to change it
Can't blame you doh, that's a really great Twitter header.

Gonna take It infact for future use.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Two words again.

Satellite mapping.

We've basically mapped every corner of the world, even the most remote regions.

At this point, I just can't see it.

Again the fact, no fossil record of such a species in North America? I'm sure fossils would had been found by now.

Regarding people going missing all the time as well, it's not like an entire population of a species that's supposedly Bigfoot. Not really a good comparison. There'd need to be a breeding population for such a species and given today especially in North America, if it did exist, it'd certainly be critically endangered or likely extinct.
All of the known fossil records we have of the other great apes could all fit in a single shoebox. There's actually surprisingly little fossil proof of the primate species we do know about. Between the elements and scavengers its a miracle that anything even somewhat intact can be found on the forest floor, let alone if its even found at all given how remote some of them can be. Ever hear of anyone finding a bear skeleton on a hike? Also satellite mapping the tops of forests/jungles doesn't give you a full idea of whats below the canopies.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585

Michael the Spikester

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
All of the known fossil records we have of the other great apes could all fit in a single shoebox. There's actually surprisingly little fossil proof of the primate species we do know about. Between the elements and scavengers its a miracle that anything even somewhat intact can be found on the forest floor, let alone if its even found at all given how remote some of them can be. Ever hear of anyone finding a bear skeleton on a hike? Also satellite mapping the tops of forests/jungles doesn't give you a full idea of whats below the canopies.
Whether you're right or wrong, if the former, I pray we never discover such a species.

Whatever we discover, we then destroy. As sad as it is. Some things are better left unfound.

PhantomShab

Smash Lord
Whether you're right or wrong, if the former, I pray we never discover such a species.

Whatever we discover, we then destroy. As sad as it is. Some things are better left unfound.
I still reccomend that youtube channel. The guy can go on some long winded tangents but its never off topic and never without an actual point he wants to make.

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
By the way, on the subject of Arlo...

Look, I haven't watched the review yet, I have no idea if I ever will or not, but I will say this:

From what I'm hearing, is the review pretty silly and not genuine? Yeah, it unfortunately sounds like the whole ordeal was a misstep for him.

Does that mean I think he should be dogpiled on and yelled at?

No, 'cause it's funny muppet man's opinion on a movie. Very silly opinions on a movie, in my opinion, but still just opinions. Opinions Sonic fans are taking as personal slights.
Peeps need to calm down and take a step back a bit. :drshrug:

That said, I honest to goodness think the lesson he should learn from this is don't try to critique things you know nothing about or don't have any interest in. It isn't genuine and will often make you look foolish when you are way off the mark like it sounds like he was.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
That said, I honest to goodness think the lesson he should learn from this is don't try to critique things you know nothing about or don't have any interest in. It isn't genuine and will often make you look foolish when you are way off the mark like it sounds like he was.
idk about this one, at least not the way it's phrased. How's anyone supposed to get into anything if they don't have a place to start? Or are you saying he coulda made his opinion about it known but maybe not a whole full dramatic video about it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom