• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't wait for the movie to get a home media release because there's this one bit with Eggman that just looked so badly green screened that i was laughing for like 5 minutes after it happened.

I want it as a gif.

Last edited:

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

The moment that lady said 50 years people started screaming
I know what it was, but the for mine, the very first frame of his shoe and ****** (including grown ass men) were screaming "IT'S SHADOW!" Even my sister, who isn't really a big Sonic fan, went "THEY DID NOT!"

My people fr, black Sonic fans stay goated

PeridotGX

Pranked!
NNID
Denoma5280
I'm probably going to be watching Sonic 2 on Tuesday. Not looking forwards to not being able to read half the posts on this website until then.
on this topic, are there one or two post credits scenes? I know there's at least one (and from the way people are talking it's absolutely bonkers), is that it or is there another one?

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So anyway

Hey y'all
Shroob here!

Been a bit since I've had a moment to sit down and really get to have a moment to myself.

After Grandma died in January, it's been absolutely chaotic here. Family, which used to live in 2 separate homes, moved in together, meaning that my life's just been a hectic, non-stop day to day event. My back is completely shot from sleeping on an old mattress, and there's basically no room here anymore. We're gonna be moving to a more spacious place in a few weeks, but I still won't have a bedroom of my own.

Flipside of this though, is this summer, I'm gonna attempt to head off on a mini-vacation of my own and spend some time with my significant other.

Yep, that's a thing that happened.

Well, it's been a thing for a long, long time, I've just never said. :nifty:
Ah, glad to hear, hope you're doing well and
spend some time with my significant other.
my significant other.
significant other.
Oh... I guess that means I can't bully you anymore.

Dammit Shroob, what do I do now?

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
Saw a late night showing of Sonic 2. Surprisingly I was the only one at the showing, so I'm not sure what other people think exactly...at least one no saw me get nostalgically emotional when the SEGA logo came on the screen...

More or less what I expected for it to be after the first. Still a HARD family film, but with a bigger budget and more faith in the source material; ex. Deadpool vs. Deadpool 2. My only real complaint is that it teases but still doesn't really do any world building. Like the series itself it doesn't need much but would have helped tied things up a bit nicer given it is a movie after all. I also think the trailers could have been cut better as well. It would have been amazing for the Death Egg Robot to have been a surprise.

Still the ending was wholesome and the tease for the future of the series was interesting. I was originally placing bets on Sonic CD being next with a Metal Sonic & Amy Rose tease, so I'll be curious to know what they might have planned for Shadow. Sonic Adventure 2 isn't exactly a narrative high of the series...[ Hopefully Jim Carry will be back should they choose to do future films given recent reports that he's looking at potentially retiring.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
So I guess here's a spoiler free review of Sonic 2.

Pros:
Sonic does more Sonic stuff

Tails is actually cool and I like they took his inventor intellect and actually... DID something, you know.

Knuckles is finally black again.

Eggman is a both goofy and a threat, like the earlier 3D Sonic games

Agent Stone's gay romance

Some damn good lore and world building. I highkey missed that from the games.

Negatives:
Any human that's not Robotnik, Stone, Tom and Maddie. Rachel was funny, I'll say that, but uh that whole sequence could have been cut. You know the one.

Run time. Ties in with my humans complaint. I literally took a piss during a human scene because I knew the plot wasn't progressing that scene. And by God it was still going when I was dome

CGI looked a little off at some points, but not every frame is gonna be perfect.

Main Takeaways:
Why does a 2 hour movie have better charazterization than the last 5 games

Om that note, why does a 2 hour movie give us a better reason to explain why (blatantly obvious but slight spoiler) Knuckes sticks with Sonic and Tails despite protecting the Master Emerald than ANY post Adventure 2 games?

The humans gotta go in Sonic 3

The Death Egg Robot should have not been in the trailers

I would say 8/10 but it's Sonic, that's too high.

4/10, and that's being generous

Last edited:

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Saw a late night showing of Sonic 2. Surprisingly I was the only one at the showing, so I'm not sure what other people think exactly...at least one no saw me get nostalgically emotional when the SEGA logo came on the screen...

More or less what I expected for it to be after the first. Still a HARD family film, but with a bigger budget and more faith in the source material; ex. Deadpool vs. Deadpool 2. My only real complaint is that it teases but still doesn't really do any world building. Like the series itself it doesn't need much but would have helped tied things up a bit nicer given it is a movie after all. I also think the trailers could have been cut better as well. It would have been amazing for the Death Egg Robot to have been a surprise.

Still the ending was wholesome and the tease for the future of the series was interesting. I was originally placing bets on Sonic CD being next with a Metal Sonic & Amy Rose tease, so I'll be curious to know what they might have planned for Shadow. Sonic Adventure 2 isn't exactly a narrative high of the series...[ Hopefully Jim Carry will be back should they choose to do future films given recent reports that he's looking at potentially retiring.
That cinematic Sega logo brings a smile to my face everytime because my boy Welkin Gunther is right there up close when the logo comes up and i feel like i'm the only person in the room who recognizes him.

I hope Carrey can do one more Sonic movie, make this a trilogy of films with him in it, if were doing some kind of SA2 adaptation it would be amusing if they keep the whole "Eggman temporarily sides with Sonic and the gang to fight a kaiju" thing that SA2 started in the 2000's.

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Good Morning My Gamers

@Jotadé it's good to see you again my dude

So anyway

Hey y'all
Shroob here!

Been a bit since I've had a moment to sit down and really get to have a moment to myself.

After Grandma died in January, it's been absolutely chaotic here. Family, which used to live in 2 separate homes, moved in together, meaning that my life's just been a hectic, non-stop day to day event. My back is completely shot from sleeping on an old mattress, and there's basically no room here anymore. We're gonna be moving to a more spacious place in a few weeks, but I still won't have a bedroom of my own.

Flipside of this though, is this summer, I'm gonna attempt to head off on a mini-vacation of my own and spend some time with my significant other.

Yep, that's a thing that happened.

Well, it's been a thing for a long, long time, I've just never said. :nifty:
Congrats grandpa
I can't remember the name of Donut lords sister in law, but her entire section of the film felt like a completely different film and i enjoyed the ever living hell out of it, it just went off the rails.

This character was the worst part of the first movie but damn she got a redemption in this one
I think it was moreso her actress's comedic talent. It was funny but if I knew it would be this long I would've gone to the bathroom immediately

---

大空のぶっとび
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
TripleDash
3DS FC
1719-3728-6991
Switch FC
SW-1574-3686-1211
That cinematic Sega logo brings a smile to my face everytime because my boy Welkin Gunther is right there up close when the logo comes up and i feel like i'm the only person in the room who recognizes him.

I hope Carrey can do one more Sonic movie, make this a trilogy of films with him in it, if were doing some kind of SA2 adaptation it would be amusing if they keep the whole "Eggman temporarily sides with Sonic and the gang to fight a kaiju" thing that SA2 started in the 2000's.
Same. I love that VC is included front and center. I really need to replay the first two games again now that VC1 is on Switch and that I fixed my PSP. VC4 I have mixed thoughts on. It's a shame (non-Atlus) SEGA doesn't embrace it's RPG side more often.

I guess they could recast him for someone who might be closer to in-game Eggman/Mike Pollock, but loosing Carrey's manic energy I think would be a major blow given just how many scenes he steals.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

"GIVE ME INGREDIENTS OR I WILL GIVE YOU HURT" he says while mucking up my house with his dirty ass timbs
Oh no, he's gonna break all my furniture for ingredientes and look behind every single thing close to a wall to look for Mickey symbols, oh my.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom