• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Schnee117

Too Majestic for Gender
Switch FC
SW-6660-1506-8804
A SEGA cinematic universe is an idea i'm weirdly down with.
They have an earth setting so stuff like Yakuza (which they're working on) and Streets of Rage are perfect to fit in if they want to go that route and are isolated enough from Sonic to be distinct enough outside of the odd crossover now and then

And if the Yakuza movie gets anywhere then to be a true Yakuza story the Millennium Tower needs to be getting ****ed up all the time and there has to be a random Karaoke scene just after Kiryu is told "hey ****'s going down and the Tojo clan could go to **** if it isn't sorted right now" to be true to the essence of Yakuza

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
So, anyone else saw the Sonic movie? How was it?
It was pretty alright, really didn't care about the human cast, a lot of jokes felt too referential for my liking, but I really like Ben Schwartz Sonic despite not liking Jim Carrey Eggman. Real cool that the post credits scene was Tails, hope we get to see Knuckles in the sequel too

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
It was pretty alright, really didn't care about the human cast, a lot of jokes felt too referential for my liking, but I really like Ben Schwartz Sonic despite not liking Jim Carrey Eggman. Real cool that the post credits scene was Tails, hope we get to see Knuckles in the sequel too
Speaking of Jim Carrey, if he retires, will he even be replaced? I heard Paramount might not recast the role for Eggman if Jim retires.

Still, you can't really do a Sonic movie without Eggman, in my opinion.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
They have an earth setting so stuff like Yakuza (which they're working on) and Streets of Rage are perfect to fit in if they want to go that route and are isolated enough from Sonic to be distinct enough outside of the odd crossover now and then

And if the Yakuza movie gets anywhere then to be a true Yakuza story the Millennium Tower needs to be getting *ed up all the time and there has to be a random Karaoke scene just after Kiryu is told "hey *'s going down and the Tojo clan could go to **** if it isn't sorted right now" to be true to the essence of Yakuza
Streets of rage is perfect, put a cameo of the police officers from the Sonic films.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Ok

heck it, I wanna know, spoilers be darned since I’m probably waiting a month or two anyways

Does Amy get teased at all?
no but some of the themes and basis for the next film could definitely lead to her introduction if they wanted to go that route. I don’t know if it will be likely but it could Work for sure.

Shroob

Sup?
So anyway

Hey y'all
Shroob here!

Been a bit since I've had a moment to sit down and really get to have a moment to myself.

After Grandma died in January, it's been absolutely chaotic here. Family, which used to live in 2 separate homes, moved in together, meaning that my life's just been a hectic, non-stop day to day event. My back is completely shot from sleeping on an old mattress, and there's basically no room here anymore. We're gonna be moving to a more spacious place in a few weeks, but I still won't have a bedroom of my own.

Flipside of this though, is this summer, I'm gonna attempt to head off on a mini-vacation of my own and spend some time with my significant other.

Yep, that's a thing that happened.

Well, it's been a thing for a long, long time, I've just never said. :nifty:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
It's been over a year...
It’s an elaborate funpost, you can’t convince me actual human beings looked at this and the OG script and willingly greenlit it.

Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
no but some of the themes and basis for the next film could definitely lead to her introduction if they wanted to go that route. I don’t know if it will be likely but it could Work for sure.
Sonic's baseball run will be the source of why various different forces across the universe show up on Earth. Amy might be one such example, though why would still be up to speculation.

And how other characters could be introduced like Team Chaotix, Cream & Cheese, the former's mother Vanilla, Rogue the Bat, Silver the Hedgehog, Blaze the Cat, Big the Cat, etc.

Last edited:
Reactions: Z25

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't remember the name of Donut lords sister in law, but her entire section of the film felt like a completely different film and i enjoyed the ever living hell out of it, it just went off the rails.

This character was the worst part of the first movie but damn she got a redemption in this one

Last edited:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Ever wonder what Sonic 2 would've been like if SEGA/Paramount never listened to us about the first movie's first trailer?

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Tbf, Knuckles wasn’t teased at the post credits for the first movie
I assume that the next movie seems to be an adaptation of Sonic adventure 2. And Amy was kinda important for Shadows plot in that game, so wouldnt they have to squeeze her into it? Unless she just gets replaced by one of the humans in the movies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
The part of the movie when the trio finally come together i was low key expecting Sonic in his joking sort of way to just go "Alright guys, it's time to be Sonic heroes!"

You know because the whole movie has this thing about Sonic wanting to be a hero and now he has a team on his side. I just kinda felt like they building up to that namedrop and was lowkey disappointed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom