• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

SnakeFighter64

Pranked!
I really don’t like Forgotten Land. I don’t get how it’s supposed to be satisfying, stimulating, and/or rewarding. I think that it’s a misstep in terms of how Kirby should have made his 3D jump and since this game is basically just a 2D Kirby but with a Z-Axis then they should have just kept the Z-Axis away while they figured out how to make Kirby more fulfilling in 3D. Whichever angle they decided to focus on.

The exploration is lacking if you have any sort of gaming literacy. The combat is dull. And the platforming is nonexistent. Tell me how are people getting any enjoyment from this game outside of “3D Kirby weeeee!”

D

Deleted member

how is Close Enough still ****ing awesome to watch? Better get more seasons
Indeed, that and Jellystone have to be some of my favourite Warner animated shows as of recently (still waiting a bit to see if Infinity Train ever gets released in my country before jumping onto It through other methods).

Hopefully they get another season.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I really don’t like Forgotten Land. I don’t get how it’s supposed to be satisfying, stimulating, and/or rewarding. I think that it’s a misstep in terms of how Kirby should have made his 3D jump and since this game is basically just a 2D Kirby but with a Z-Axis then they should have just kept the Z-Axis away while they figured out how to make Kirby more fulfilling in 3D. Whichever angle they decided to focus on.

The exploration is lacking if you have any sort of gaming literacy. The combat is dull. And the platforming is nonexistent. Tell me how are people getting any enjoyment from this game outside of “3D Kirby weeeee!”
The sun rises.

Grass grows.

Snake hates fun things.

Such is the natural order.

Lamperouge

Drifting Soul

I just think it's super chill and charming. :drshrug:

D

Deleted member

Haven't been able to buy Forgotten Land yet (as I'm saving money for a PS5 and the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales), but from what I've played of the demo I quite liked what we got.

Felt like a mix of SM3DW with the classic Kirby gameplay style, and imo there's a lot of potential there for replay value. More so with the whole copy ability upgrade system.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Haven't been able to buy Forgotten Land yet (as I'm saving money for a PS5 and the Ultimate Edition of Miles Morales), but from what I've played of the demo I quite liked what we got.

Felt like a mix of SM3DW with the classic Kirby gameplay style, and imo there's a lot of potential there for replay value. More so with the whole copy ability upgrade system.
Yoooo my mans Jotadé! Good to see you dude!
The sun rises.

Grass grows.

Snake hates fun things.

Such is the natural order.
Wait till she finds out that Forgotten Land takes after the 3DS games by not letting you get to the boss of a world without enough collectables which makes players actively want to look for as many secrets as they can find while getting constantly rewarded for it

D

Deleted member

Yoooo my mans Jotadé! Good to see you dude!

Wait till she finds out that Forgotten Land takes after the 3DS games by not letting you get to the boss of a world without enough collectables which makes players actively want to look for as many secrets as they can find while getting constantly rewarded for it
Nice to see you too Gwen! Hoping things have been going well.

Noipoi

Howdy!
I just don’t get how it is fun and want to understand.

I just really see potential for the character in 3D and wish he could be living up to it.
I dunno dude it's just a chill Kirby game with the Z axis. That's rad.

The abilities are fun, the levels are cute, the worlds have some interesting lore...

It's not this mind-blowing experience, but its a pretty tight 3D Kirby with some enjoyably twisted themes. A breath of fresh air, after how standard Star Allies felt.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

In all honesty I'm going through the worst period of my life but I'm a strong ass woman so I'll be able to move on
Yeah, that's honestly the spirit when It comes to that kind of stuff.

Been going through some weird moments too. My IRL friends all got boyfriends/girlfriends so they don't have enough time to be with me nowadays, been feeling really limited as to what I can do, a lot of bad or worrying news on TV, made some enemies sadly and my father is getting older and weirder by the day.

But honestly... The best both of us can do is be strong and keep going forward. Right now I am going back to my chinese classes, and getting ready to get back to college at last after this summer. Because I know from personal experience that things can at least individually get better with the right amount of patience and mental strength. That when all seems lost suddenly anything can happen at any moment which turns the tides... And I learnt It all from a good chunk of friends I made not only here, but also in my social life and other places of the internet.

So yeah Gwen, sending you a really strong hug. And if you ever need me for anything you can always count on me. Both of us can surely make It through.

KingofPhantoms

The Spook Factor
3DS FC
1006-1145-8453
So I got to Aladin's world in KH1.

This soundtrack was just alright at first, maybe a little repetitive at times, but now it's
Agrabah and Halloween Town are consistently my favorite worlds in the KH series.

The OST for each level absolutely helps but then again that's mostly just the KH soundtrack in general.

Shroob

Sup?

1649542691464.png

Bottom image

D

Deleted member

As promised, here are pics of the LEGO Wario & Waluigi minifigures:

View attachment 349848

Also, I found a piece of gum inside the box of the Ho-Oh bonsai. Odd...
I do like the special piece they used for the Goombas, lol.

And those are some decent adaptations of the characters into LEGO form.

So I got to Aladin's world in KH1.

This soundtrack was just alright at first, maybe a little repetitive at times, but now it's
Agrabah and Halloween Town are consistently my favorite worlds in the KH series.

The OST for each level absolutely helps but then again that's mostly just the KH soundtrack in general.
Halloween Town is indeed one of my favourite worlds in KH besides the Tron ones. They have a really unique setting and I enjoy the mood of both.

Can't wait until MightyP gets to the banger which is the Birth By Sleep OST.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Yeah, that's honestly the spirit when It comes to that kind of stuff.

Been going through some weird moments too. My IRL friends all got boyfriends/girlfriends so they don't have enough time to be with me nowadays, been feeling really limited as to what I can do, a lot of bad or worrying news on TV, made some enemies sadly and my father is getting older and weirder by the day.

But honestly... The best both of us can do is be strong and keep going forward. Right now I am going back to my chinese classes, and getting ready to get back to college at last after this summer. Because I know from personal experience that things can at least individually get better with the right amount of patience and mental strength. That when all seems lost suddenly anything can happen at any moment which turns the tides... And I learnt It all from a good chunk of friends I made not only here, but also in my social life and other places of the internet.

So yeah Gwen, sending you a really strong hug. And if you ever need me for anything you can always count on me. Both of us can surely make It through.
Thanks man, I'd DM you on discord but I am awful at reconnecting with people, social anxiety, it's faaaaaaantastic

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed

When I first heard the battle theme, I thought, "Huh, this sounds like Gritzy Desert from M&L."

And then I realized.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Thanks man, I'd DM you on discord but I am awful at reconnecting with people, social anxiety, it's faaaaaaantastic
Yeah, I relate too as I tend to be kinda scared of messaging people too due to social anxiety (such as my cousins, IRL friends or Discord Partners).

It's stuff we slowly work through doh, with enough efforts and patience.

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
I dunno dude it's just a chill Kirby game with the Z axis. That's rad.

The abilities are fun, the levels are cute, the worlds have some interesting lore...

It's not this mind-blowing experience, but its a pretty tight 3D Kirby with some enjoyably twisted themes. A breath of fresh air, after how standard Star Allies felt.
Okay to start with yes games don't have to be "mind-blowing experiences" to be really good and Kirby consistently pulls that off. Buuuut to be fair to Snake, I get it. Check Twitter, Nintendo stans are loudly hailing KatFL as an all-time masterpiece. I know it's Twitter overreacting to everything and only being able to think in extremes of "best thing ever" or "literally toilet water" but I get where they might be getting the impression of Kirby fans overdoing it.

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Alrighty, Smashboards.com users. Need some help.

I keep seein’ this anime character that’s like, this boy in a red kimono with long white hair and wolf ears or somethin’. What’s that characters name? I was gonna use em as a reference for a character design (the outfit, specifically) and I don’t know their name so… I can’t Google em, haha.

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004

I keep seein’ this anime character that’s like, this boy in a red kimono with long white hair and wolf ears or somethin’. What’s that characters name? I was gonna use em as a reference for a character design (the outfit, specifically) and I don’t know their name so… I can’t Google em, haha.
Are you talking about InuYasha?

1649543607808.png

Noipoi

Howdy!

Inuyasha?

D

Deleted member

When I first heard the battle theme, I thought, "Huh, this sounds like Gritzy Desert from M&L."

And then I realized.
Yoko Shimomura has that kind of musical style which without checking any Game credits you can instantly think for the most part "yup, she made this".

It infact happened to me recently when I played for the first time the Punisher arcade game and heard this:

Just hearing the first part I knew It sounded familiar and indeed, a quick Google search done and she was in the credits for the game.

Zinith

Yoshi is Thicc in S P I R I T
All around you, awaiting to consume your soul
Switch FC
SW-4624-0132-9722

Uh.... Inuyasha?

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
Okay to start with yes games don't have to be "mind-blowing experiences" to be really good and Kirby consistently pulls that off. Buuuut to be fair to Snake, I get it. Check Twitter, Nintendo stans are loudly hailing KatFL as an all-time masterpiece. I know it's Twitter overreacting to everything and only being able to think in extremes of "best thing ever" or "literally toilet water" but I get where they might be getting the impression of Kirby fans overdoing it.
I mean, yeah, of course hardcore Kirby fans are gonna love this to death.

I just think Kirby is neat and campy.

synkronized

Banned via Administration

kirby is the carly rae jepsen of nintendo games. there isn't much substance to chew on and think about, but the easygoing and innocent fun is more than enough for a lot of people (including me).

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Any Kirby game that has King Dedede is perfection by default.

Your argument is invalid.
Smash 4: "You can't improve the perfection of Dedede"

Forgotten Land: "Hold my Kirby Burger"
kirby is the carly rae jepsen of nintendo games. there isn't much substance to chew on and think about, but the easygoing and innocent fun is more than enough for a lot of people (including me).
I wouldn't say that, the games are known to have surprisingly deep lore and cool details that can be drawn from it, there's a reason people hype up Kirby by calling him an eldritch horror, it's cause it's straight up true according to canon. Certainly more than, just spitballing here, a Yoshi game or something. But yeah a large appeal is the the comfort food-like nature of these games, especially after Elden Ring for a lot of people lmao

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
I think when I go back to the convention tomorrow, I'll also buy the LEGO Mario and Luigi minifigures.

I like the Wario and Waluigi ones a little more than I'd thought.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946

No exploration?

What have you been playing?

This is just one example, and then you have things like the crazy requirements for the hal rooms and how hidden their locations can be, the simple little bits where you go “huh can I fly there?” And then get rewarded for doing so.

There is definitely a solid feel of exploration for a platformer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom