• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
Just got back from Sonic 2.

Knuckles is precious, must protec him and his victory chariot.

And that post credits scene...
The very SECOND the phrase "50 years ago" came on screen, the entire crowd, and i mean literally everyone, this crowd was pakced, started cheering, and when Shadow himself came on screen holy **** the cheering got louder. Wasn't expecting so many actual Sonic fans in the crowd today.

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
Indeed, that and Jellystone have to be some of my favourite Warner animated shows as of recently (still waiting a bit to see if Infinity Train ever gets released in my country before jumping onto It through other methods).

Hopefully they get another season.
still have to check out Jellystone, but Close Enough already has a 4th season planned out. WBD better make sure goldmines like these stay alive

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
No exploration?

What have you been playing?

This is just one example, and then you have things like the crazy requirements for the hal rooms and how hidden their locations can be, the simple little bits where you go “huh can I fly there?” And then get rewarded for doing so.

There is definitely a solid feel of exploration for a platformer.
This kind of stuff hits as soon as world ****ing 2

Also I mentioned Kirby lore so here are some sentences one can form out of canonical events in the franchise

After solving a crisis of galactic proportions in which the raging Temporal Warrior was sealed away, doomed to eternally repeat a cycle of life and death, the Ancient race grew fearsome of their divine brethren, banishing them to the edge of the universe, the hatred formed from this betrayal led the Ancient cultists to sacrifice themselves to summon their God of destruction, a Void which terminates all.

The temporal warrior was not killed, merely sealed away, doomed to constantly reappear across time and space which he was unfamiliar with before being resealed constantly. After a sacrifice of cultists seemingly broke the seal, a Knight of Hades tracked him down and devoured the Temporal Warrior.

None of that was made up

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
So like, is the olive garden guy supposed to be this character?

I think so. He may have differences from the movie version, but the similarities are close enough to me. I am not sure the movie version of the character has non matching eye colors, though.

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Anyway, I just got back from Sonic 2. That plot twist where Chaos showed up and big the cat had to save the day was wild.

But in all seriousness, pretty good film, definitely entertaining and some nice nods.

I won’t lie, the kinda stupid and childish jokes that played back to back for like 2 minutes was pretty bad. They didn’t need like 7 fart jokes back to back.

My screening was packed with a lot of families with younger kinds and some older people, and let me say it out a smile on my face. There was a kid dressed in a sonic outfit/hoodie, plenty of them in sonic shirts.

Clearly these kids were here for sonic, and I think that kinda of humor dumbs down the early film. Kids films need to move beyond that level of humor imo. Kids can enjoy a film for so much more. The theater was more packed then it’s been in months and it was nice to see all that excitement.

Anyway as for the rest of the film, Idris Elba killed it as Knuckles. It gives up an intimidating voice but still keeps the noble warrior spirit of knuckles alive and well.

Some of Jim Carey’s bits were alright/not really funny or made much sense. But still when he’s actually directing interacting with Sonic, Knuckles and Tails, there’s great performances there.

The soundtrack was also actually pretty fun and entertaining.

Tails was also great this film and I liked how his backstory worked to expand the world. The little changes in lore still worked really well and I loved how it adapted the games premises.

lastly, I actually found the human character scenes to be a lot better then the first film. They offered some actual comedic moments and balanced the personalities of the more wacky characters. I wouldn’t mind seeing more of them in future.

Finally, the post credit scene:

Shadow is looking pretty good. This made the most sense given how iconic he is to the franchise. I still want to see Chaos for real, but Shadow should be pretty nice. His backstory is seemingly different, unless I’m missing something, I never played shadow the hedgehog and don’t fully Remember his backstory. But him being made 50 years ago begs a lot of questions on why earth was able to make a sonic like being then. So the lore there should get pretty cool. I wonder if we are gonna see someone like Rouge with him.

Although if your doing sonic adventure inspiredstory next, then the chao gardens makes sense. Which could bring in Cream. Although Amy would be up there to in terms of big characters to use next. She could be a post credit though.

Overall the movie is fun, gets really good in the later parts, and is a strong sequel that paves the way for even more good content.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Anyway, I just got back from Sonic 2. That plot twist where Chaos showed up and big the cat had to save the day was wild.

But in all seriousness, pretty good film, definitely entertaining and some nice nods.

I won’t lie, the kinda stupid and childish jokes that played back to back for like 2 minutes was pretty bad. They didn’t need like 7 fart jokes back to back.

My screening was packed with a lot of families with younger kinds and some older people, and let me say it out a smile on my face. There was a kid dressed in a sonic outfit/hoodie, plenty of them in sonic shirts.

Clearly these kids were here for sonic, and I think that kinda of humor dumbs down the early film. Kids films need to move beyond that level of humor imo. Kids can enjoy a film for so much more. The theater was more packed then it’s been in months and it was nice to see all that excitement.

Anyway as for the rest of the film, Idris Elba killed it as Knuckles. It gives up an intimidating voice but still keeps the noble warrior spirit of knuckles alive and well.

Some of Jim Carey’s bits were alright/not really funny or made much sense. But still when he’s actually directing interacting with Sonic, Knuckles and Tails, there’s great performances there.

The soundtrack was also actually pretty fun and entertaining.

Tails was also great this film and I liked how his backstory worked to expand the world. The little changes in lore still worked really well and I loved how it adapted the games premises.

lastly, I actually found the human character scenes to be a lot better then the first film. They offered some actual comedic moments and balanced the personalities of the more wacky characters. I wouldn’t mind seeing more of them in future.

Finally, the post credit scene:

Shadow is looking pretty good. This made the most sense given how iconic he is to the franchise. I still want to see Chaos for real, but Shadow should be pretty nice. His backstory is seemingly different, unless I’m missing something, I never played shadow the hedgehog and don’t fully Remember his backstory. But him being made 50 years ago begs a lot of questions on why earth was able to make a sonic like being then. So the lore there should get pretty cool. I wonder if we are gonna see someone like Rouge with him.

Although if your doing sonic adventure inspiredstory next, then the chao gardens makes sense. Which could bring in Cream. Although Amy would be up there to in terms of big characters to use next. She could be a post credit though.

Overall the movie is fun, gets really good in the later parts, and is a strong sequel that paves the way for even more good content.
Project Shadow was something GUN was involved with in SA2 which led to Shadow's creation. The only issue with adapting his backstory is Jim Carrey retiring potentially having to rewrite Eggman's role. Unless they get like, Stone to replace him as he snuck into GUN.

D

Deleted member

I did say this on a profile post already, but It is worth bringing up here in regards to Sonic 2 that I found the baseball scene from the end really satisfying, specially as someone whose favourite scene from the 1st movie was the similar one about Sonic's anxiety issues.

Felt quite great to see how far Sonic came in regards to social skills and connections ever since that one moment, and gives a sense of character development.

And yeah, gonna go to sleep already. See ya'll tomorrow hopefully.

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I can't stress enough how much i liked Knuckles in this one, like, man. This is the most entertaining the guy has been written in years it's great.

Wademan94

Smash Obsessed
Where the weather changes as much as my avatar
NNID
Wade94
3DS FC
4897-6423-0493
Project Shadow was something GUN was involved with in SA2 which led to Shadow's creation. The only issue with adapting his backstory is Jim Carrey retiring potentially having to rewrite Eggman's role. Unless they get like, Stone to replace him as he snuck into GUN.
I did post this earlier as a potential solution though I’m not sure how likely it is they’ll go through with it

So if Jim Carrey is truly retiring from the movie industry and there’s no plan on replacing him for upcoming Sonic films.
I do think the ending of 2 gives a way into continuing the character without the actor. Have him survive the Death Egg Robo collapse but barely. Then Stone proceeds to pull a Metallo/Robocop/Darth Vader on him and put him in a robot body to keep him alive. Something that would resemble his game counterpart more and have Mike Pollock voice the robot version of him. I think it’d be funny if the only distinguishing feature that survived was his mustache and that got put into his robot form

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
I did post this earlier as a potential solution though I’m not sure how likely it is they’ll go through with it
That reminds me of something the comics did at one point when they transitioned from classic Eggman to modern eggman.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
I knew Gunn was involved with it, but I do think having stone in that post credit is exactly how they are going to do shadow. It would make sense for as to why he was there. After all, stone even got his own character poster so he must be considered a big enough character.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if Jim Carey doesn’t come back, I think Jim Carey actually set up the perfect explanation in the film for how Eggman could still return.
He mentions the existence of the multiverse. They could bring in literally anyone to play eggman at that point and take over.

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also if we are talking fan castings for the 3rd film. I support:

Keanu Reeves as Shadow

Hydreigonfan01

Smash Master
Also if Jim Carey doesn’t come back, I think Jim Carey actually set up the perfect explanation in the film for how Eggman could still return.
He mentions the existence of the multiverse. They could bring in literally anyone to play eggman at that point and take over.
Sonic The Hedgehog: No Way Home

Reactions: Z25

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Running from the cops in Stardust Speedway.
Smashboards user SonicSmasher1 when you make a funny joke:
View attachment 349855

For real though by giving it away, Nyan may think others are joking too, meaning he'd potentially risk seeing actual spoilers thinking it was also a joke
Yeah, I know you were joking. Figured it out after I posted that. Can't say I did care, but even if I did, it was too late to change that. :p

KillerCage

Smash Master
Just got back from Sonic 2.

Knuckles is precious, must protec him and his victory chariot.

And that post credits scene...
The very SECOND the phrase "50 years ago" came on screen, the entire crowd, and i mean literally everyone, this crowd was pakced, started cheering, and when Shadow himself came on screen holy **** the cheering got louder. Wasn't expecting so many actual Sonic fans in the crowd today.
That's EXACTLY what happened at my showing! Everyone went ecstatic when we heard that line "50 years ago." Everyone KNEW what was coming we were still excited to see Shadow coming to the silver screen!

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
Also regarding a certain plan in the movie, it was kinda dumb but also made for a funny scene:
What was Gunn thinking exactly?

“Let’s hope that Sonic gets taken to this extremely public wedding Galway across the globe.

or maybe it was

“Let’s hope sonic conveniently crashes our fake wedding so we can catch him”

It was there for the plot so I didn’t mind it and I still laughed at the scenes following it.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
um

please don’t fight over this, I did not click Gwen’s spoiler

and even if I did

I’m not gonna be mad, it’s just a movie, I’ll be fine lol

besides, I’ll probably just end up reading stuff anyways given I’m waiting for the Paramount+ release and I’m probably gonna get spoiled anyways ‘cause I am in dozens of Sonic circles, lol

Hadokeyblade

Smash Legend
That's EXACTLY what happened at my showing! Everyone went ecstatic when we heard that line "50 years ago." Everyone KNEW what was coming we were still excited to see Shadow coming to the silver screen!
The MOMENT G.U.N was introduced i knew what was coming, i just waiting in my seat with excitement, but i didn't think we'd just GET him as a post credits tease lol

Sonic 3 should have a scene where he runs through Japan and we see Dame Da Ne man beating up some dumb punk
A SEGA cinematic universe is an idea i'm weirdly down with.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Same energy

Ngl when I saw "Zinith quoted your post" I thought you were gonna drag my ass for using Yoshi as an example on the last page
um

please don’t fight over this, I did not click Gwen’s spoiler

and even if I did

I’m not gonna be mad, it’s just a movie, I’ll be fine lol

besides, I’ll probably just end up reading stuff anyways given I’m waiting for the Paramount+ release and I’m probably gonna get spoiled anyways ‘cause I am in dozens of Sonic circles, lol
Well too late ya dingus, we're gonna fight! We're gonna fight about Smash rosters! Fight about Sonic! Fight about Pokemon! Not about Chrono Cross though, the anime pedophiles are screaming about censorship again and that's not worth fighting about

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Ngl when I saw "Zinith quoted your post" I thought you were gonna drag my ass for using Yoshi as an example on the last page

Well too late ya dingus, we're gonna fight! We're gonna fight about Smash rosters! Fight about Sonic! Fight about Pokemon! Not about Chrono Cross though, the anime pedophiles are screaming about censorship again and that's not worth fighting about
:138:
Do…I want context?:191:

Last edited:
Switch FC
SW-0818-8347-0203
Longclaw apparently knew of earth. It's more likely then not that mobians had been to earth before along with other planets they've traveled to using the rings.

Notably ancient times as I personally like to think mobians visiting earth back in the ancient past is what lead to myths, legends and cultures across the world. Notably the Echidnas were the "spirits" that the Australian Aboriginals worshipped who came to Australia during ancient times.

In this case maybe using the Gerald and Maria storyline, there was an expedition over 50 years ago where Gerald found Black Doom's or Mobian DNA samples (Found on the rings that Mobians left behind when visiting earth) with Shadow being created to use his immune system as a cure for Maria, Shadow endures same tragedy he had in the games before being put into cryogenic sleep.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom