• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Flayed

Banned via Administration
Hello SmashBoards. I've played Smash since Brawl, but I've only gotten into the competitive side of the coin around a year ago. I've looked and there's no general Smash discussion thread, so I'm hoping writing my recent competitive revelations down here won't annoy anybody.

So I realized something, you should think of smaller interactions and overarching gameplans as a two part system, where those two parts are constantly sending influence to one another, rather than as two completely separate things. I've been struggling with this quite a lot, because I was baffled by how players that were noticeably better than me were counterplaying strategies I had so quickly and shutting down any attempts at adapting even if we've only played for the first time. It's because through their experience, they've realized 3 things:

1. Gameplans/playstyles are made up of all the smaller things that can happen in a game, and understanding this let's them sparce the info into meaningful parts that help them create their own gameplan and adapt to the opponent.
  2. Each individual interaction can be the difference between winning or losing a game, so how you approach the game must change in some way when the opponent makes a change, even if it's something small like changing their timing in the same situation. This eventually causes a change in gameplan based on the microadjustments taking place.
  3. The two points listed above are intrinsically connected to one another, and ignoring either of these is the easiest way to be left behind in the information war and destroyed.
It is easy to recognize the first 2 of the points above but understanding that there is a dynamic ebb and flow of information going on that you should always be paying attention to, rather than some static "rushdown vs camper" dynamic is the key. Individual situations and gameplans are still different things, but they have a relationship with one another, similar to the one I have with your mother.

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
has anyone tried the new PMEX Remix update?

I can't get it to launch, it just launches vanilla Brawl.

The Project+ launcher which comes with the download, however, works as you'd expect it to, so I'm not sure why PMEX Remix doesn't...

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
has anyone tried the new PMEX Remix update?

I can't get it to launch, it just launches vanilla Brawl.

The Project+ launcher which comes with the download, however, works as you'd expect it to, so I'm not sure why PMEX Remix doesn't...

I haven't used PMEX Remix in a hot minute, but I could try to download it here when I'm done eating lunch and see what it does real quick.

KillerCage

Smash Master
About the Sonic 2 movie, remember Ken Penders?

Apparently, he is planning to sue Paramount for them giving Knuckles a father in the movie.

He thinks he owns everything echidna related, does he?
We don't talk about Ken Penders.
Oh no.
Oh no.
Oh no.

Anyway...

They have confirmed PROJECT SHADOW!
They're adapting Sonic Adventure 2!

Also SUPER SONIC WAS IN THE FILM AND IT WAS EPIC!

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
If I had to describe, one felt like a movie with Sonic, while 2 feels more like a Sonic Movie. Which tbf they did promise that if the first one did well, the sequel will have all the Sonic elements we love (like the Master Emerald, Angel Island, Tails and Knuckles, etc)
Seeing it tonight, I know of one spoiler sadly but don't spoil the rest.

For those who saw the movie, is my assesment correct?

Noipoi

Howdy!
Seeing it tonight, I know of one spoiler sadly but don't spoil the rest.

For those who saw the movie, is my assesment correct?
Yeah, pretty much. The last half is absolutely kickass.

Whenever they cut back to the humans though, the film starts to drag. Especially this one scene.

You’ll know it when you see it.

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
TheMightyP TheMightyP

Digital Foundry looked at Chrono Cross

View attachment 349834

It's not just Switch

It runs worse than the PS1 original release on all hardware, even a Titan RTX PC

how

how does that happen
Did they mention the day 1 patch? A reviewer mentioned poor performance on Switch but after the review was already written, editted and uploaded, Square released a patch that fixed it. This ****ing game man, I need a Wha Happun for this release

TMNTSSB4

Pranked!
NNID
No More
3DS FC
3368-4469-9312
Switch FC
SW-6414-0526-7609
0C5C613B-BAFB-4CB5-86B8-897C0BC903D9.png

barely better looking than what we originally had
F0352BCC-DB36-461D-A779-3F20737EFA70.jpeg
…this merger will be worth it if they get DC’s **** fixed up…and they go back to the cooler Cartoon Network logos

TheCJBrine

Pranked!
M MooMew64

okay so I fixed my PMEX Remix issue, they must've patched it (or I just somehow goofed up something) because I just needed to redownload it.

Project+ is missing now, but that's okay because I just wanted Remix :p

Now I just need to figure out how to get Steam to stop treating my controller as a keyboard/mouse, which it just started doing for some reason because it worked just fine with the previous download ._.

edit: okay I fixed the controller problem too haha.

Last edited:

MooMew64

sometimes here, sometimes there
Did they mention the day 1 patch? A reviewer mentioned poor performance on Switch but after the review was already written, editted and uploaded, Square released a patch that fixed it. This ****ing game man, I need a Wha Happun for this release
Oh shoot, a day 1 patch? No, no one said anything at all about that.

D

Deleted member

One constant thing with Sonic adaptations such as this new Sonic movie is that I always finish them wanting to try out a chilli dog.

Need to find a place on which they sell them first doh.

D

Deleted member

What's up bro? :denzel:
Not much, dealing with a cold and some headaches today but besides that it has been a neat weekend so far.

Spent the entirety of yesterday with my cousins in fact, that was nice.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wario Bros.

Smash Obsessed
NNID
WarioBrose
3DS FC
0903-2806-9000
Switch FC
SW-8539-3655-2004
Back from my first day at the South Carolina Comicon. Had a good time, saw a lot of cool cosplayers, a lot to see.

Got a lot of nice stuff over there:
  • Got my Toy Story Hamm piggy bank signed by John Ratzenberger
  • A Dr. Mario plushie (with a Dr. Mario World brand, lol)
  • A LEGO Wario minifigure
  • A LEGO Waluigi minifigure
  • A Ho-Oh bonsai figure
  • A Mr. Rime enamel pin
  • The Art of Shantae book
  • A gaming handheld with "400" NES games

I'm pooped but I go back tomorrow.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Back from my first day at the South Carolina Comicon. Had a good time, saw a lot of cool cosplayers, a lot to see.

Got a lot of nice stuff over there:
  • Got my Toy Story Hamm piggy bank signed my John Ratzenberger
  • A Dr. Mario plushie (with a Dr. Mario World brand, lol)
  • A LEGO Wario minifigure
  • A LEGO Waluigi minifigure
  • A Ho-Oh bonsai figure
  • A Mr. Rime enamel pin
  • The Art of Shantae book
  • A gaming handheld with "400" NES games

I'm pooped but I go back tomorrow.
That's a neat haul you got there! Really curious as to how the LEGO Wario and Waluigi do look like. Same goes for that bonsai Ho-Oh.

OH DAMN

hey there!
Hey Speed Weed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom