• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social THE Social Thread 2.0

Which was your favorite new Pokémon revealed from the Scarlet and Violet trailer?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

TheMightyP

Smash Obsessed
This may be a hot take but every vocal theme nintendo has made has been a miss for me, kirby is a miss, mario oddyssy and smashes is a MASSIVE miss. The only vocal theme I vibe with is FE3H
I can agree that Odyssey and Ultimates got old fast.

Can't speak on Kirby and yeah TH theme is a bop.

Edit: Actually, Break Free Lead the Way is good but Jump Up Super Star is stale as ****.

Last edited:

Cutie Gwen

Lovely warrior
Somewhere out there on this big blue marble
Tbf, they haven't been writing any Sonic character consistently for a good while.

And I can see why Amy gets more use, kinda. She's a pretty outgoing character empathetic to others and with good leadership qualities. It's a little easier to write more varied character dynamics around her compared to Knuckles who is kind of a loner and usually plays a more active role in rivalries.
The thing with Knuckles is that they wrote him into a corner by having him as the guardian of the Master Emerald which hasn't been important since like, SA2.

Also Blaze and Silver generally have a good rep for writing, hell, people like Silver now

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
SW: 5586-2837-4585
I can agree that Odyssey and Ultimates got old fast.

Can't speak on Kirby and yeah TH theme is a bop.

Edit: Actually, Break Free Lead the Way is good but Jump Up Super Star is stale as ****.
I get **** for saying it on twitter but Jump Up Super Star is such bad **** to me and oh god is Smashes song god awful

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Yes.

Your personal opinion on a Nintendo song is wrong.

Please report to the gulags. Your public execution will be held shortly.
Very funny, wise guy. I am sticking to my opinion. I will admit, it is not that great of a song, but I think it is not as bad as everyone says.

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
Very funny, wise guy. I am sticking to my opinion. I will admit, it is not that great of a song, but I think it is not as bad as everyone says.
Maybe it has something to do with how the Eng singer sounds and the JP one sounding MUCH better to me.

Actually yeah, JP Lifelight sounds 1000% better

Guh-Huzzah!

Totally humorous voice over and YouTube guy.
Switch FC
SW-2454-8991-5893
Honestly, my opinions on Nintendo vocal songs are as follows:

Jump Up Superstar - Pretty nice, grating on repeats.

Lead The Way - Never listened to this one in full!

Lifelight - Not perfect, but it sounds like a corny anime opening, and I get some enjoyment out of that, haha.

Ballad of the Wind Fish - This song would've benefited LOADS from vocals that weren't computer generated, yeesh.

Kirby And the Forgotten Land's Theme - Honestly, the composition does not sound like it was made with vocals in mind, haha.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Maybe it has something to do with how the Eng singer sounds and the JP one sounding MUCH better to me.

Actually yeah, JP Lifelight sounds 1000% better
I can see that. But what I don't see is, well, I will just ask: What EXACTLY is wrong with the English singer?

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
So I beat the final boss last night in forgotten land. That was pretty damn good. Loved every levels design. They really did a good job with secrets and theming. World’s 3 and 4 were my favorite.

The final boss did not go where I thought it would, but it made for a pretty interesting story.

Overall this is one of my top Kirby games, and I’m looking forward to doing the post game stuff.
i haven’t finished the game yet (I’m in the fourth area, haven’t even done the area’s first level) and these specific Undertale references have me very, very interested.

Gonna have to beat it quick before the major spoilers come.

Last edited:

Professor Pumpkaboo

Lady Layton| Trap Queen♥
Switch FC
I can see that. But what I don't see is, well, I will just ask: What EXACTLY is wrong with the English singer?
Idk man, its so hard to explain even to myself. There is just something about her voice that doesnt fit the song to me. Its confusing
bensw_profile_image_f45bce34eb002f9a_300x300.png

Edge of Dawn is top tier and honestly high key relatable
Hold on, is the songs name Seasons of Warfare or Edge of Dawn because I swear ive seen it labled both

Last edited:

Z25

Pokemon Illusionist
NNID
Zoroarkrules571
3DS FC
0533-5240-0946
i haven’t finished the game yet (I’m in the fourth area, haven’t even done the area’s first level) and these specific Undertale references have me very, very interested.

Gonna have to beat it quick before the major spoilers come.
It’s not specifically an undertale reference but it will all make sense when you get there.

CannonStreak

Supersonic Warrior
Premium
Idk man, its so hard to explain even to myself. There is just something about her voice that doesnt fit the song to me. Its confusing
View attachment 349279

Hold on, is the songs name Seasons of Warfare or Edge of Dawn because I swear ive seen it labled both
That is barely any information, but you know what is strange? I can see your point. Maybe it just wasn't the right singer. Still, maybe the Japanese version would have been better regardless.

TheCJBrine

Smash Legend
It’s not specifically an undertale reference but it will all make sense when you get there.
Oh I meant the references people on twitter were making, haha. I wasn’t expecting Hal to put one in, just the ones people were making have me very curious about how the ending will turn out.

I will now prepare for Kirby’s latest eldritch being.

Reactions: Z25

Dan Quixote

Smash Lord
Jump Up Super Star is great and all but if you expand your gaming horizons just a bit you strike some real vocal video game theme gold

obviously I mean this

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom